Injury update

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
Have I missed news on Cottrell? I have yet to see him get a carry. It seems a waste with all this talent not putting it to use. JJ Green need more carries as well.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
He had 1 carry when the backups were in yesterday

I think they're easing Nate back, on his one carry yesterday it appeared he's comfortable as when the toss hit his hands you could see the acceleration. At fan day he looked like he's 190-195 lbs and solid, as long as his blocking comes along I think you'll see in the starting rotation. I wouldn't be surprised to see on the KO return team next week.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ has been extra conservative (to minimize injury risk) after last year. I hope we can get up early on Vandy and play keep away with our guys that need more reps.

Clemson is going to be a war. It is a war that we can win, but we will need to be ready and healthy.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think they're easing Nate back, on his one carry yesterday it appeared he's comfortable as when the toss hit his hands you could see the acceleration. At fan day he looked like he's 190-195 lbs and solid, as long as his blocking comes along I think you'll see in the starting rotation. I wouldn't be surprised to see on the KO return team next week.
Nate looked bigger than I thought he was (from the Upper North). I remember thinking, "who is that big dude we have playing AB?" when he got the ball. It wasn't until I saw him get up after the tackle that I realized who it was. He looked fast and determined on that one carry. Maybe we'll have a bigger sample size next week.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I really want to see Nathan. He was itching to go in and being help back. JT even had to talk with him at one point.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I really want to see Nathan. He was itching to go in and being help back. JT even had to talk with him at one point.
Nates first play was a counter back to right with right guard (Will B- I think) pulling and leading the way.
Well blocked but well defended.

Lets do that a lot!

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

Why did you bump a four year old thread? Why can a four year old thread be bumped?

I didn't want to make a new thread for an individual player. So I searched for "injury updates" on my phone to re-use an existing thread and that's what came up. I assumed it was one of the ones we've been using and didn't look to see if it was stale. Still gets the job done - we didn't build a new thread. Not sure why a more recent thread didn't match. I guess IIWII in the search world.