Injury Report for UNC

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Know what you mean. I live in Chapel Hill. Best friend in Raleigh is a DWAG grad. At least he is civil.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Least it will be cooler Saturday. The forecast is for temps in the upper 70s. That'll help our online - especially since they're likely be out there 40 to 45 minutes - hopefully

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This is unfortunate. I was hoping to be healthy with bye against UCF; also ironic that two offense players got hurt against a team (uPitts) that complained about our dangerous offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I think that all of the talk by coaches etc that our OL is dirty and coached to play dirty may lead some defenders to think it's okay to try and hurt them.

It sure leads to lots of opposing fans advocating stomping on OL who have cut, sticking fingers in face masks, and hitting our QBs late in an attempt to injure them. It's almost funny how they can't recognize the irony in calling for illegal/cheap/dirty shots in response to perfectly legal play.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Didn't he play like 60 snaps against UT? The dude is a pancake machine. I would love for him to play the entire game. Even tired and very slow to get up at the end of the UT game, he still creating a ton of push.

Yes he did. I thought that conditioning was the big (no pun intended) issue with him but if he can play 60 or 70 snaps it will be great. Nonetheless, there is no margin for error on the offensive line. It would appear we are down to 5 starters and one or two proven reserves. Playing freshmen is not a good option and one to be avoided. Freshmen linemen, with a few exceptions, profit from a red shirt year.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I think that all of the talk by coaches etc that our OL is dirty and coached to play dirty may lead some defenders to think it's okay to try and hurt them.

Our linemen are NOT dirty, are not coached to play dirty. They are different. Most teams "lean" into defensive players our linemen put them on the deck. Is it the current accepted practice? No, but it is well within the rules to come off the ball and hit people low with the intent of putting them on the ground. This is old school football before old school got cool.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
In 1990 we were 11-0-1. Who was the 1? UNC. Why? OL injuries.

Our top 3 tackles were out for the game.We kept driving into the red zone and could not punch it in. 13-13 tie was the result.

We should have beaten UNC like a drum in 1990. I hope this isn't a sort of deja vu all over again.

Yes, that game in 1990 still haunts me.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Would love to see us go for the jugular early and hit some explosive plays. Get up by three scores and roll in some OL subs. Wouldn't be surprised to see us take a few deep shots early to see if we can hit something.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If he had not fumbled the field goals would have been a moot point and game would not have come down to a walk on kicker. Never should have come down to a kick or the failed pitch. If he just doesn't fumble and make a rookie mistake at the end of that run then game was over
The argument is circular. Everybody, including coaches, always give absolution if it fits their narrative.disclaim (What they say in the locker room is another story.) But there are between defense and offense maybe 160 plays a game. What difference does it make whether A made a mistake early and B made a mistake late? You can't blame one and absolve the other. Besides which this allows me to take both sides: we shudda won with either play. (And Saturday somebody at Tech or UNC will point to such a play and say ...

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The argument is circular. Everybody, including coaches, always give absolution if it fits their narrative.disclaim (What they say in the locker room is another story.) But there are between defense and offense maybe 160 plays a game. What difference does it make whether A made a mistake early and B made a mistake late? You can't blame one and absolve the other. Besides which this allows me to take both sides: we shudda won with either play. (And Saturday somebody at Tech or UNC will point to such a play and say ...
Saturday it won't be at all close enough for any one play to have mattered. We are going to crush these fools. I'm actually kind of sad they have so many injuries because then they'll just use that as an excuse.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The OL subs will be Morgan and Ivenmeyer. They each played in the last two games. The freshmen have not played and I doubt they will.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes he did. I thought that conditioning was the big (no pun intended) issue with him but if he can play 60 or 70 snaps it will be great. Nonetheless, there is no margin for error on the offensive line. It would appear we are down to 5 starters and one or two proven reserves. Playing freshmen is not a good option and one to be avoided. Freshmen linemen, with a few exceptions, profit from a red shirt year.
And cares more about being an engineer than being a football player. He's probably my favorite Jacket right now.

In 1990 we were 11-0-1. Who was the 1? UNC. Why? OL injuries.

Our top 3 tackles were out for the game.We kept driving into the red zone and could not punch it in. 13-13 tie was the result.

We should have beaten UNC like a drum in 1990. I hope this isn't a sort of deja vu all over again.

Yes, that game in 1990 still haunts me.
I was there. I don't remember the injury issues; I just remember that we came out totally unmotivated, and it showed the entire game.

Would love to see us go for the jugular early and hit some explosive plays. Get up by three scores and roll in some OL subs. Wouldn't be surprised to see us take a few deep shots early to see if we can hit something.
Based on past games (not just against the Heels), up 3 scores doesn't do us any good. We need to be up by 4 scores for it to matter.