Injuries

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Can we rename this thread “HIPPA laws”?

My stomach just dropped through my rear thinking Jamal or Singleton might be injured

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If you have a better rationale for the injury reports, I'm listening.
I don’t because it makes no sense. The best explanation I can think of, especially since heavy fines are involved, is they think some of their teams are cheating by using fake injury reports or withholding info from opponents.

gjester

Georgia Tech Fan
Anthony Carrie came back in and took about 3 carries in the last 3 minutes of the game, he should be fine to go next week. I was worried about our rb depth if he went out but he came back in and did fine.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I know Jamie Felix returned and Evan Dickens any word on how they performed during camp? Seems they aren’t getting any looks

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I know Jamie Felix returned and Evan Dickens any word on how they performed during camp? Seems they aren’t getting any looks
J Felix has not been on the roster for some time. Dickens is our smallest back and is ready to go if we get down to him on the depth chart. He is likely behind Haynes, Cooley, Alexander, And Carrie. Dickens is a serviceable back and IMO there is not currently a lot of separation among the backs once you get past J Haynes.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think Dickens and Felix must have major ball security issues or else they would be playing some. They may also be injured and in some sort of rehab protocol. I think Cooley and Carrie also have some ball security concerns and that has led to some reluctance to put them in the game. It looked to me like Alexander may have an injury that will sideline him most of the rest of this year if not all. Coaches are going to need to coach up the backups and give Jamal some relief. He is a tough guy but the load he is carrying now is unsustainable.

Go Jackets!

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Anthony Carrie came back in and took about 3 carries in the last 3 minutes of the game, he should be fine to go next week. I was worried about our rb depth if he went out but he came back in and did fine.
He wasn’t hurt. Chad Alexander is the guy that went out and didn’t come back in. Carrie probably came in because Alexander didn’t.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He wasn’t hurt. Chad Alexander is the guy that went out and didn’t come back in. Carrie probably came in because Alexander didn’t.
Yep. Amazing how something that is on video that we all watched gets so easily missed by guys posting for the world to see. My biggest question for our team so far is how hurt is Alexander. Thus far, he has been a Haynes clone so losing him will hurt. Hopefully he is fine but we won’t know until Saturday when Haynes gets a blow.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I think Dickens and Felix must have major ball security issues or else they would be playing some. They may also be injured and in some sort of rehab protocol. I think Cooley and Carrie also have some ball security concerns and that has led to some reluctance to put them in the game. It looked to me like Alexander may have an injury that will sideline him most of the rest of this year if not all. Coaches are going to need to coach up the backups and give Jamal some relief. He is a tough guy but the load he is carrying now is unsustainable.

Go Jackets!
Haynes carried 17 times in both games. That is a highly sustainable number of carries. The average for starting RBs is 17.5-21.5 carries per game.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete

Go Jackets!
Felix not even on the team. Dickens prob just buried now.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I watched Fran Browns press conference and he was asked about his linebacker and he straight up said he’d be out maybe 6 weeks. Coaches can say what they want. I’m glad Key doesn’t say anything but you can’t say he is forthcoming with info. He learned from Saban and Saban kept info locked down tight.
Correct. You can so how long they are out without violating HIPAA. But why would you want to? Why give any of that info out to opponents?

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
It will be interesting to see the shakeout at RB behind Haynes. Carrie looked really good but obviously it was in garbage time. Usually freshman struggle with the complexity of picking up blitzes and other surprises that defenses throw at you. I have no doubt about his running ability but the other skills need to be there. But at least at first blush, he looks like he could really help our team if he has learned the basics.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
RBs have looked really good this season. Lot of credit goes to the OL, but the RBs do NOT go down after the first touch. Would love to see the stats on our RBs and yards after contact. They're doing to other teams what other RBs use to do to us...get extra yardage after contact to make the down and distance to easier on 3rd downs.

Alexander has great knack for finding a crease and getting by defenders. He does not go down easily, either. Carrie is going to be REALLY good. He's just different from Haynes and Alexander...a bigger RB who has short space quickness. Reminds me a bit of Cooley's running style. Speaking of Cooley, if he gets back on the field, I think he'll be a pleasant surprise. I thought he looked good early last season. I think he found the consistency the staff was looking for. He came out of summer camp the #2 back for a reason.

It's been fun so far to watch this group.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Haynes carried 17 times in both games. That is a highly sustainable number of carries. The average for starting RBs is 17.5-21.5 carries per game.

That’s a good point. He gets the majority of the RB carries, but we use QB/WRs in the running game more than the average team.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
RBs have looked really good this season. Lot of credit goes to the OL, but the RBs do NOT go down after the first touch. Would love to see the stats on our RBs and yards after contact. They're doing to other teams what other RBs use to do to us...get extra yardage after contact to make the down and distance to easier on 3rd downs.

Alexander has great knack for finding a crease and getting by defenders. He does not go down easily, either. Carrie is going to be REALLY good. He's just different from Haynes and Alexander...a bigger RB who has short space quickness. Reminds me a bit of Cooley's running style. Speaking of Cooley, if he gets back on the field, I think he'll be a pleasant surprise. I thought he looked good early last season. I think he found the consistency the staff was looking for. He came out of summer camp the #2 back for a reason.

It's been fun so far to watch this group.
Repeating myself but I was really excited to see Cooley this year. Last year he was not consistent, either great or mediocre. But if he put in the work this off season that I think he did his ceiling might actually be higher than Haynes. Hope this injury is not a set back for him. He has so much potential.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Repeating myself but I was really excited to see Cooley this year. Last year he was not consistent, either great or mediocre. But if he put in the work this off season that I think he did his ceiling might actually be higher than Haynes. Hope this injury is not a set back for him. He has so much potential.
Really good point when added to we are going to need a bigger back help in max protect to best nd or uga types.

o When Cooley came to Tech from Loiusville , I meet his dad. His son loves football - training, practice, game. At first I saw him at walk up at tailgate, but have not seen him since Helluva Block party.

Since he has been here there is no doubt he has physical tools. Imo, he is one or 2 plays from the light coming on. "Imo, he can't see where the hole will be and thus bumps into blocker. Easy to say, near impossible to do. "
He is one cut from being Dontae - ran looking for the 15 yd gain. That would be amazing but a healthy Cooley can punish a blitzing lb and be a big help against a freak DE.
What if Cooley 24 is Dontae 23?!