Injuries

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
He may get 0 reps against ole miss and it looked like he could barely walk and was extremely uncomfortable. I hope he’s good but a couple extra plays when you’ve obviously won(he led the game with 9 tackles) vs. being available going forward. I’m going with the latter.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
I haven’t heard anything on Kelly, but Bryce Koon on his podcast said that Chase Lane is hoping to be back by the Boston College game.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Kelly was not a starter. He was out there trying to earn more reps and move up the depth chart. IT’s unfortunate that he got hurt, especially since he was showing signs of earning more playing time but the coaches are still trying things out in an attempt to develop a pass rush and pressure our opponents. Hopefully he will be back soon but in the meantime there are 8 other guys we need to continue to work in hopes 2 or 3 of them can be legitimate Power 5 defensive ends.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Injury summary from my limited perspective:

#1 Blackburn - injured ACL before the season and likely out for 2023
#1Brooks - hurt in the Louisville game but played in the second game and appears to be OK
#5 Lee - hurt in the Louisville game but played in the second game and appears to be OK
#54 Williams - hurt in the Louisville game but played in the second game and appears to be OK
#32 Yondjouen - injured ACL in Louisville game and lost for 2023
#11 Haynes - seemed somewhat hurt late in the second game but appeared OK in the player press conference
#7 Lane - Injured in the second game and may be doubtful for the next few games ?
#97 Kelly - appeared to have a serious injury late in the seond game and extent/type of injury unknown

There are likely others I am not aware of. #25 Blackstrain, #23 Felix, and #3 Moore whom I have not seen play. I am not sure about #23 Gee. I also believe #0 Sims was hurt in the Spring and may/may not be still having some issues. #87 Stocton and #98 Dixon were wearing red shirts in Camp (Stocton seems to be OK but unknown about Dixon). Also unknown condition is #3 White and I also believe #4 Oliver had some tweaks in practice but now seems OK.

Any additions or corrections?

HelluvaPE

Georgia Tech Fan
Injury summary from my limited perspective:

#1 Blackburn - injured ACL before the season and likely out for 2023
#1Brooks - hurt in the Louisville game but played in the second game and appears to be OK
#5 Lee - hurt in the Louisville game but played in the second game and appears to be OK
#54 Williams - hurt in the Louisville game but played in the second game and appears to be OK
#32 Yondjouen - injured ACL in Louisville game and lost for 2023
#11 Haynes - seemed somewhat hurt late in the second game but appeared OK in the player press conference
#7 Lane - Injured in the second game and may be doubtful for the next few games ?
#97 Kelly - appeared to have a serious injury late in the seond game and extent/type of injury unknown

There are likely others I am not aware of. #25 Blackstrain, #23 Felix, and #3 Moore whom I have not seen play. I am not sure about #23 Gee. I also believe #0 Sims was hurt in the Spring and may/may not be still having some issues. #87 Stocton and #98 Dixon were wearing red shirts in Camp (Stocton seems to be OK but unknown about Dixon). Also unknown condition is #3 White and I also believe #4 Oliver had some tweaks in practice but now seems OK.

Any additions or corrections?
Leo Blackburn will return mid season

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I have no inside information and I'm only guessing, but watching him being helped off the field reminded me of the time(s) I've been hit,...well you know where. Very painful.
He was in some serious pain, i felt so bad for him

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like we have a good chance of getting Blackburn, Lane, and DJ Moore back for the second half of the season. WR room would be stacked with everyone healthy.