Injuries

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Just looked at our depth chart for Bowling Green. Our team is still extremely young. All you have to do is go one deep at many positions to run into true freshmen. No doubt some of these players will turn out to be ok; MacKenny has. Still, I long for the day when we'll put a team of seniors and juniors on the field. Key needs time to do that.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Key talked about how most of these kids graduate by the time they are juniors and move on to their careers, so I wonder if we will have very many SRs in future years. Looks to me like more and more of these kids will be coming to school their first year in January, if they continue some form of unlimited recruiting numbers within the 85 max, it seems they would all be able to come if they are HS graduates. Things are a changing fast, as many have said a whole new deal with CFB. I knew things were different when a FR QB wins a NC for Clemson after starting only 1/2 to 2/3 of his FR regular season games. That ain't how it used to be. These HS programs are sending a different kind of kid to the colleges than they used to it appears. Next thing will be pay for the HS players, already have that going on with the parents it seems.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
.... These HS programs are sending a different kind of kid to the colleges than they used to it appears. Next thing will be pay for the HS players, already have that going on with the parents it seems.
They leave HS, it seems, with a bunch of college credits.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I hope to see a lot of back ups Saturday. Those guys spend just as much time at practice and lifting. Let them have some real game PT if at all possible.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I hope to see a lot of back ups Saturday. Those guys spend just as much time at practice and lifting. Let them have some real game PT if at all possible.
Hope we can get the game in hand early in order to do that, but BG is probably underrated at +22 points. We should win, but it's no gimme. I'd be surprised if we beat the spread.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Hope we can get the game in hand early in order to do that, but BG is probably underrated at +22 points. We should win, but it's no gimme. I'd be surprised if we beat the spread.
Bowling Green has lost all 3 FBS (2 G5, 1 P5) games they've played, and they were outscored by 31, 25, and 10. They've scored 24, 7, and 6 points in those games, and each opponent had scored 30+. The are getting sacked and tfl'd a lot, and throwing interceptions more than TDs. The spread seems pretty reasonable to me, particularly if we can stop leaving so many points on the field.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Bowling Green has lost all 3 FBS (2 G5, 1 P5) games they've played, and they were outscored by 31, 25, and 10. They've scored 24, 7, and 6 points in those games, and each opponent had scored 30+. The are getting sacked and tfl'd a lot, and throwing interceptions more than TDs. The spread seems pretty reasonable to me, particularly if we can stop leaving so many points on the field.
Played Liberty (4-0) closer than any of their other opponents and lost to #2 Michigan by 25. I'll be very happy to see the Jackets beat the spread.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Key talked about how most of these kids graduate by the time they are juniors and move on to their careers, so I wonder if we will have very many SRs in future years. Looks to me like more and more of these kids will be coming to school their first year in January, if they continue some form of unlimited recruiting numbers within the 85 max, it seems they would all be able to come if they are HS graduates. Things are a changing fast, as many have said a whole new deal with CFB. I knew things were different when a FR QB wins a NC for Clemson after starting only 1/2 to 2/3 of his FR regular season games. That ain't how it used to be. These HS programs are sending a different kind of kid to the colleges than they used to it appears. Next thing will be pay for the HS players, already have that going on with the parents it seems.
Hmmmmm. Coach Clawson doesn't seem to have.a problem fielding experienced teams. I htink this is an area where Tech's difficulties in recruiting "5*" high school players might work to our advantage. I would guess - I don't know this - that many of Wake's players are there to show what they can do as they mature. And, like at Tech, to get an education.

I'm sure that transfers will happen and that building teams of experienced players who know what their teammates can and can't do will be harder in future. But not as difficult as all that, imho.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
A game like this could actually be more bad than good for our progress. I hope it gives our players confidence without making them think they can get away with things they're not going to get away with against Miami next week.