Initial Impressions

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I thought we would win by at least 24 points. This team may be worse than I thought. Our d line was completely owned by the Wofford o line, and that bodes ill for the future.

There was some improvement in the passing game, but how is it that a team like Wofford runs the option better than we do? We have better athletes and a coach who is considered a master of the option game. This may be a sign of something wrong on a more fundamental level in terms of attitude or motivation. Certainly it can't be in terms of talent or know how.
wow, exactly what I thought as I saw game--they are running this offense better that we do--why are we paying this OFFensive genius 2 mil a yr?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The biggest disappointment to me was the back 7 on defense. They were supposed to be the strength of the D but looked pretty bad today in run support. We already knew about the DL.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Because don't you know Tech's supposed to blow out this team by 70????? C'mon Eric ;)

I even get that....Do I think our offense could have been better? Yeah, of course. But to come away from that game saying Wofford ran the offense better than us? Must have been watching different games.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Eric, no doubt, some folks seem to think the passing by Tech was getting away from the "basics", hell if you know this offense it's DESIGNED for throws like JT made. 350 plus total offense from a QB making his 1st start? I'll take that all day long.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
...I'd be more worried about our D if I were you. It didn't help we had to go 75+ yards nearly every possession, either. I guess the D had nothing to do with that.

With 9 minutes left in the Clemson game, they said that Clemson's starting field position has been their own 18! Ouch. The UGA punter has done a heck of a job as has the UGA KO coverage team. ( :( )

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
With 9 minutes left in the Clemson game, they said that Clemson's starting field position has been their own 18! Ouch. The UGA punter has done a heck of a job as has the UGA KO coverage team. ( :( )
without Gurley, their team would be nowhere near as dangerous. He's a beast for sure.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope its just that clemson is that bad versus the nad lickers being that much better

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
One more thing that was encouraging to me: Seeing JT, on option plays that had been strung out, tuck it up and get 2 yards. I can't count the number of times Lee last year would try to make a fancy move, or reverse field, or what have you, and lose 2 yards.

2nd and 8 is SOOOOOO much different than 2nd and 12.