Increase AT donations

I am having a hard time accepting a probable 9-10 win season for 2019 dropping down to a probable 4-6 win season. I am waiting until I see the new OC and DC and then let it sink in for a week before I decide if I am going to completely walk away from Tech football and give up my 20+ years of season tickets and donations.
If you didn't suffer through the 80s like many of us, then you really have nothing to complain about. Tech has never been so low as then, coupled with the BL years in the 90s

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
I am having a hard time accepting a probable 9-10 win season for 2019 dropping down to a probable 4-6 win season. I am waiting until I see the new OC and DC and then let it sink in for a week before I decide if I am going to completely walk away from Tech football and give up my 20+ years of season tickets and donations.
Where are your seats?

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
$8 million per year. That's our number.

I posted a chart on another thread showing Top-25 recruiting classes by program spending. Teams over $26 million per year in Football budget are almost uniformly bringing in top 25 classes. Below $26 million it's a rare fluke. Tech is at ~$18 million.
How 'Should' Tech Do in Recruiting Rank - Analysis

Our home attendance averaged 46,885 this year (not all Tech fans obviously). But if every fan that goes to our games gave just $15 per month, we'd close that gap.

That's not even counting fans out of town who aren't spending on tickets. That's not even counting the successful folks who could give more...

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan

CMON we need to step us as fans regardless of coach or system. You withholding resources from the program does not help one bit. I guess do it if it makes you feel better do it....but I just don't get the logic here.

Go Jackets. Onwards and upwards.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

First off @MikeJackets1967 why did you like this post? You confuse me man. You really really do.

Second, you commit to the institute not the coach. CPJ retired. It’s not like GT fired him so you have a grudge for that. I was unhappy with CPJ after last year and this year. But I still watched. Didn’t leave.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
You are right. MB meant we were set up to win 9-10 possibly with the current system/regime, and it could be more like 4-6 wins now, due to the transition/offense change, etc.

I think your pointing out something I have been thinking. This is a better roster than many think up and down the line maybe except for linebacker. Like CPJ said the kids know how to play football. Offensive scheme may not matter as much as some think. I always thought our line did better drive blocking anyhow. I think we may be pleasantly surprised next year. CPJ did not leave the cupboard bare and he has set things up with proper discipline and academic focus that will work for Tech for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
First off @MikeJackets1967 why did you like this post? You confuse me man. You really really do.

Second, you commit to the institute not the coach. CPJ retired. It’s not like GT fired him so you have a grudge for that. I was unhappy with CPJ after last year and this year. But I still watched. Didn’t leave.
@MikeJackets1967 just flips a coin to decide what he likes. Same with his “predictions” ;) :cigar:

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Lame

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
..... a probable 9-10 win season for 2019.....

You obviously didn't look at how much we lose on the defensive front seven before you made that prediction. I'm not sure what it is that you don't like about this hire, but it's not giving up a "probable 9-10 win season."

10 wins would mean beating everyone except on the schedule except Clemson and (unfortunately) UGa. That's not probable.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
We all know there is going to be rebuilding...we got extremely lucky we didn't tank the first 2 years with CPJ, well because of Collins recruiting efforts. Anyways the last thing you should do when a new coach comes on is walk away...all because of rebuilding
Instead of assuming the worst, assume the best and let it play out.
Learned this when I walked away from the Braves a few years back over their rebuilding
I bought Brave stock a few years back...only bc we were so bad i started following the minor league system and saw what we were building...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You are right. MB meant we were set up to win 9-10 possibly with the current system/regime, and it could be more like 4-6 wins now, due to the transition/offense change, etc.
I was on record that 7-5 this year w some beat downs was a good year. When coach and players pulled a rabbit out of hat in miami and uva game , I was good for 2 more years.

But Coach retired.
Took me days to get over it.
Looking at the last few years I see it's been tough for coach to keep out scheming the other teams.
I was even thinking about skipping the crummy games. I was tired too.

It's time for us to step up as fans. and support gt and this young ball of fire .

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I was on record that 7-5 this year w some beat downs was a good year. When coach and players pulled a rabbit out of hat in miami and uva game , I was good for 2 more years.

But Coach retired.
Took me days to get over it.
Looking at the last few years I see it's been tough for coach to keep out scheming the other teams.
I was even thinking about skipping the crummy games. I was tired too.

It's time for us to step up as fans. and support gt and this young ball of fire .

Again, this was not my message. Another poster, GT05, was asking something about another post, and I was clarifying what the other poster was saying. I cannot believe I tried to help answer a question, and I keep getting quoted posts.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Again, this was not my message. Another poster, GT05, was asking something about another post, and I was clarifying what the other poster was saying. I cannot believe I tried to help answer a question, and I keep getting quoted posts.

Sorry, @AlabamaBuzz. No good deed goes unpunished. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk