Increase AT donations

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I am having a hard time accepting a probable 9-10 win season for 2019 dropping down to a probable 4-6 win season. I am waiting until I see the new OC and DC and then let it sink in for a week before I decide if I am going to completely walk away from Tech football and give up my 20+ years of season tickets and donations.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I am having a hard time accepting a probable 9-10 win season for 2019 dropping down to a probable 4-6 win season. I am waiting until I see the new OC and DC and then let it sink in for a week before I decide if I am going to completely walk away from Tech football and give up my 20+ years of season tickets and donations.

We all know there is going to be rebuilding...we got extremely lucky we didn't tank the first 2 years with CPJ, well because of Collins recruiting efforts. Anyways the last thing you should do when a new coach comes on is walk away...all because of rebuilding
Instead of assuming the worst, assume the best and let it play out.
Learned this when I walked away from the Braves a few years back over their rebuilding

Last edited:

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
???
Seriously?

Deleted member 2897

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Uninstall, as my 12 year old son would say.

This is the same type of mentality we were reading about with respect to Whisenhunt. "I've got lots of money, I'm a Georgia Tech alumni, but you can only have it if you hire my pick for coach."

If you want to be the athletic director or the coach or an assistant coach, then SIGN UP FOR IT.

We need to all be relentlessly positive. We can't have everything we want.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Every football team has a variety of fans/alums/etc. If "this is what's wrong with Tech football sometimes" is true, then it is true about EVERY fan base. If there wasn't some true skepticism and concern among some of our fan base about CGC, especially given his job hopping resume, I would be extremely surprised.

And, every fan's reaction to something like this will not be the same. It is ok. It is ok if we pull in fans due to this hire - it is ok if fans leave because of this hire.

I might find myself where Mountain is in 2 years, but I certainly hope not. Hopefully, the OC hire will help Mountain with his decision, cause we need him as a fan and ticket holder.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ retired. I have a hard time believing it is highly likely that any coach comes in and takes the team (with a new QB) to a 9-10 win season. Let's just be happy we got a quality coach and give him the resources he needs to be successful.

Deleted member 2897

CPJ retired. I have a hard time believing it is highly likely that any coach comes in and takes the team (with a new QB) to a 9-10 win season. Let's just be happy we got a quality coach and give him the resources he needs to be successful.

We've had 1 single sub-0.500 season in ACC play in the last 25 years. That crosses over 4 head coaches, 6 or 7 defensive coordinators, and more different types of offensive/defensive schemes than you can shake a stick at. There's absolutely no reason to think we're going to magically crap the bed when we never did before.

Deleted member 2897

For real though, if you don't give a ton to the AT Fund, just think about giving maybe 20% more than what you normally give. And spread the word.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Love seeing the positive posts and euphoria. Good time to increase AT donations to provide feedback and help move forward. Does not matter the amount, just give an amount over what you give now. Nothing is done with out funding, even with good recruiters.

I brought it up in another thread: When TStan introduces Collins at the presser later today, he should also announce that our target for the 2020 capital campaign is increasing. I think we'll easily get to the target after it's increased. Have to capitalize (pun intended) when you have momentum and it seems all the good press and positive feedback can compel fans and big donors to ante up a little more.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

OK MBob...you walked away to Purdue already...

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Oh, I thought he meant that he was expecting to win 9-10 games next season when many of us were expecting CPJ to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk