In all seriousness if we lose next week how bad will it get?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
But what do you think the ad would do then if that happened?
Do you mean internally or are you asking if he would fire the coach? I would be willing to bet that starting today, there are a lot of things happening internally that the public will never know about. Even if GT were to lose next week, there is zero chance that the coach will be fired. (Actually it might be slightly better than zero, but it would take to large donors agreeing and coughing up enough money to pay the buyouts and also bankroll a few years of a very large contract for a new coach. Not totally impossible, but you would have a better chance of winning the lottery.)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
To be honest northern Illinois has been pretty good for over 20 years. But a loss to me two Kennesaw state would be like the death penalty to the program.
Well, the glory days, such as they were for Northern Illinois were about a decade ago with a string of impressive 12-2 and 11-3 finishes. Last year, this program did not win a game and has not won a game since November 2018 until the ever helpful and gracious Coach Collins provided a reprieve. College Football News just game out with their rankings of the 130 Power 5 and G 5 programs. In one week, Tech dropped from a mediocre but semi respectable ranking of #64 to an abysmal ranking of 103 along with likes of Duke, Kent State, Georgia State among other noteworthy powers. So, another loss would indeed be a program killer and likely end in job losses for some people. I, for one, anticipate the Jackets will right the ship, sort of, and manage a face saving win against Kennesaw but we will see. If nothing else it should reveal the how wide is the gulf between the G-5 programs and FCS. IIWII

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Do you mean internally or are you asking if he would fire the coach? I would be willing to bet that starting today, there are a lot of things happening internally that the public will never know about. Even if GT were to lose next week, there is zero chance that the coach will be fired. (Actually it might be slightly better than zero, but it would take to large donors agreeing and coughing up enough money to pay the buyouts and also bankroll a few years of a very large contract for a new coach. Not totally impossible, but you would have a better chance of winning the lottery.)
I know there are money issues for a buy out, but Stansbury needs to do the math. Keep the current coaching staff and save what you invested, but keep losing hundreds of season ticket buyers or pay the guy off and hire a new coach that can right the ship, stop the bleeding of current season ticket buyers and increase ticket sales. Surely Stansbury saw the crowd last night. He and Collins are not getting the job done. We'll never increase revenue with this act.