If We Beat FSU

Nate Anderson

Jolly Good Fellow
It's not the highest ranked team that goes to the Orange Bowl.

It's whoever wins the ACCCG goes to the Orange Bowl....unless that team is in the top 4 and goes to the playoffs...then the highest ranked team goes to the Orange Bowl...just like what happened this year.

But if we had beat FSU and didn't make the top 4 we would have still went to the Orange Bowl.
Oh, I thought that the rules had changed with the college football playoff. Thanks.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Fun to think about. After CTR gets time for our D, I'd love to see GT vs Oregon. The least boring game of football in years.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
That's why they play the games. We need to take it out of the hands of the fortune tellers like that bogus committee BS.
Kinda takes it off topic, but how else would finalists be chosen? Or is there a suggestion of a football-like "tournament" of 64 teams or so? Because that can't work.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Ohio state would have beat us pretty good. Some of you guys just watch GT football and that's it.
Actually I watch a ton of football, and yes Ohio State was impressive. But you dont seem to give us enough credit. We were just as impressive as they were. People always give teams too much props for beating bama. The media has built them into greek gods.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Kinda takes it off topic, but how else would finalists be chosen? Or is there a suggestion of a football-like "tournament" of 64 teams or so? Because that can't work.
5 conference champions and 3 at large chosen by the committee. This decides it on the field rather than the boardroom.

We couldn't stop Miss State , matter of fact they out gained us in yards. Yes , we beat them pretty good but the score didn't reflect how close that game was. Do you think our Defense could have stopped Urban Meyer?? No is the answer.

Actually I watch a ton of football, and yes Ohio State was impressive. But you dont seem to give us enough credit. We were just as impressive as they were. People always give teams too much props for beating bama. The media has built them into greek gods.
How have they been built in to gods ? Go look at what they have done since 2008. My point again, some of you only watch GT football.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
We couldn't stop Miss State , matter of fact they out gained us in yards. Yes , we beat them pretty good but the score didn't reflect how close that game was. Do you think our Defense could have stopped Urban Meyer?? No is the answer.

I disagree...the score was actually closer than the game was.

Miss St scored a TD with what 2 minutes left? Made it look closer than it was.

Also scored on a Hail Mary...and we got screwed by them taking a fumble away from us.

We dominated...that game wasn't a close one at all.

As for yards...they mean very little if they aren't turning into points.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
How close the game was? You are joking, right? I had problems with our defense against MSU, but a close game? In what universe? I think the operative word is "blowout".

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Doubt that many MSU fans thought it was close. If MSU had been slated to play OSU in the Orange Bowl, OSU would have been favored, but not by nearly as much as we beat them by. They certainly had an impressive finish, but unless their defense could have shut our offense down, which no one did, it certainly would have been close.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Doubt that many MSU fans thought it was close. If MSU had been slated to play OSU in the Orange Bowl, OSU would have been favored, but not by nearly as much as we beat them by. They certainly had an impressive finish, but unless their defense could have shut our offense down, which no one did, it certainly would have been close.
It is kind of like missing the super lotto number by 12 digits and thinking you were so close.