If We Beat FSU

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
How have they been built in to gods ? Go look at what they have done since 2008. My point again, some of you only watch GT football.
They have been very good over the past decade but that doesnt mean that they are the best team every year. We get too hyped up on the sec and think that because a team beats a dominant sec program they are deserving of #1 ranking. LSU looked stout in some of their games and shouldve beat bama, but ND beat lsu. Then uga demolished Auburn and we beat uga. Miss st played poorly against bama and it ended up being close, then with a month to prepare for us we run all over them. Just because a team is usually dominate(Bama,Lsu,Uga,Fsu,etc.), doesnt mean that they are always better than teams who are not (Tcu, GT, Baylor, etc.) Enjoy being one of the best teams in the country for once and not so pessimistic.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
They have been very good over the past decade but that doesnt mean that they are the best team every year. We get too hyped up on the sec and think that because a team beats a dominant sec program they are deserving of #1 ranking. LSU looked stout in some of their games and shouldve beat bama, but ND beat lsu. Then uga demolished Auburn and we beat uga. Miss st played poorly against bama and it ended up being close, then with a month to prepare for us we run all over them. Just because a team is usually dominate(Bama,Lsu,Uga,Fsu,etc.), doesnt mean that they are always better than teams who are not (Tcu, GT, Baylor, etc.) Enjoy being one of the best teams in the country for once and not so pessimistic.
Exactly, no one knows what would happen with us and OSU head to head. That's why we need an 8 team playoff.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If we beat FSU, we make it into an 8 team play-off (probably). As it stood, an 8-team play-off would have left us most likely playing Ole Miss (again), Kansas State or Arizona, possibly Arizona State or UCLA.

Edit: After looking at it again, I'm not sure we wouldn't have been the 9th team. Yes, we had a great finish to the season, but I'm not sure we don't get screwed as the last 2-loss team (except Boise State).