If King can’t go

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m not blaming anything on Pyron. It’s the coaches. We had a 10 point lead and our play calls were so conservative with Pyron that they allowed UNC to tie it up quickly. Sure, we got bailed out by Jamaal and a horrible UNC defense. Great. We aren’t playing UNC or VMI again. We’ve played 2 teams with a pulse and we’ve lost to both of them because our coaches don’t have them prepared. I think Pyron could easily start but why do our coaches not allow him to run the offense? I guess we’ll see Saturday.
In a game where we averaged 8+ yds running the ball, why would you suddenly change the game plan when the starting QB has to leave? Pyron executed the GAME plan perfectly and has shown absolutely no reason to doubt his ability to run every part of the offense. You can't look at a handful of plays and jump to the wild conclusion that Pyron can't run the offense - especially given the context of the game.

UNC couldn't stop the run - so guess what we did? There's no point in trying to fix a well oiled machine that is working perfectly...

The ND game will be our biggest test and biggest game up to this point. I have no anxiety about our offense if Pyron gets the nod. He's been excellent every time he's seen the field and there's nothing to suggest that won't continue.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If it wouldn't be a go against his 4 game freebees, why not?
Because your #1 goal is to try to win the game and I don't think Philo gives you the best shot.

He hasn't even played against an FBS opponent yet, and the FCS opponent he did get in the game was an awful team - one of the worst in the country. They are winless and have been blownout in most of their games. Their only non-blowout loss is a 7 pt home loss to Bucknell.

Having his first game against FBS level opposition be against one of the best defenses in the country is not a recipe for success.

Personally I think fans are overestimating his ability to play at a high level against FBS opponents based on him playing solid against a really bad FCS team. I have high hopes for him long term, but I think his potential performance against a top tier FBS defense is not likely what GT fans think it is likely to be.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope if we are fortunate to go up 10 points on Saturday with 14 minutes left , we learn some lessons from Louisville (2023) and last week against UNC. We just can't afford empty possessions running (3) plays up the middle.