If King can’t go

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So what you’re saying is on a 4th and 1 or 2, or goal line situations you expect them to insert Zach in a game and sling it around? You can disagree with their approach last week when he came in, and have the mindset the glass is half empty, that’s fine. But they had a plan in place at the end of last weeks game that even Nick Saban would have probably done the same exact way. And I think you saw a glimpse of him being able to run the offense last Saturday on his single pass, and it showed just how prepared Weinke and Buster have him, and all the QBs. It was an RPO, I won’t go into details, but I can assure you if you truly knew all the specifics to that play and the call, you’d see just how prepared they have him. And because he chose that specific read on that play, it played a huge roll in the success of the very next play.

Key has even said it so many times in his press conferences, both Haynes and Zach approach the position the same way, they both can run the offense. They push each other and learn from each other. It’s not like you are subbing in Gibson for Sims if you get what I am saying. Are there different variations and little tweaks that are made between the two, probably. But to think these coaches are neglecting to prepare their #2 guy is hard for me to understand. I think the big takeaway should be that these guys didn’t fold and panic under a bit of adversity they faced late in the game. They kept calm and confident…no one, except maybe us fans, panicked on the GT sideline. That’s a testament to CBK and all his coaches.

I don’t talk to Zach about football at all. I don’t need to, or even want to know any of those specifics. We talk about life things. There is zero value add from me when it comes to football for him, heck his QB coach is a Heisman winner. The mindset and culture is shifting for GT football, sit back and enjoy what is ahead.

Thank you for your contribution to this board. It can't be easy as a parent reading fans talking message board nonsense about your kid. But I really appreciate your perspective. I hope you know many of us are big big fans of Zach and the way he's handled himself and what he's contributed at Tech. I know if the team needs Zach to play he's going to give everything he has to help lead the team to a win. I'm sure you are very proud and you should be.

PVdad

Georgia Tech Fan
Thank you for your contribution to this board. It can't be easy as a parent reading fans talking message board nonsense about your kid. But I really appreciate your perspective. I hope you know many of us are big big fans of Zach and the way he's handled himself and what he's contributed at Tech. I know if the team needs Zach to play he's going to give everything he has to help lead the team to a win. I'm sure you are very proud and you should be.

First, thank you for the kind words. I haven’t taken any comment as a knock on Zach or people doubting him. He is who he is. We have taught our boys to put on the blinders, not to ignore the world, but to block out the noise of others’ perceptions. And for them to focus on their path, stay true to who they are, and let their growth be the only voice that speaks for them.

I guess if anything I was more trying to shed some perspective on our coaching staff. I haven’t taken anything as an attack on Zach. But so that it’s clear, I’d defend Haynes as if he were mine also.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You know, we all question at times, in the heat of a game, why CBK calls what he calls (too many inside zones, too many tunnel screens, etc.) I know I do. However, on balance and upon reflection, I know that there are reasons beyond my understanding that he’s calling the game like he is.

The best plays for a situation are often not successful because they’re defended well. There’s two teams on that field and they get a chance to make a great play, too.

I’m pulling for my Jackets Saturday afternoon whether it’s Haynes or Zach at the helm. Either can do fine and lead us to the W.

Go Jackets!!!

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
He didn’t need to come into the UNC game with a cape on. Nor has he needed to in any other game this year. He’s had a very specific and defined role this year, and up until this last game it’s been very successful. Pretty simple. And in these situations where he has been put in the game, there is no need for them to have to open the playbook up. But if they needed to, I can assure you Weinke and Buster have him fully prepared. And who knows, maybe there has been a very specific strategy behind him running “middle school” plays.

It amazes a lot of people don’t think these coaches know what they are doing or that they have guys prepared.

Thank you, topic closed.

For a fanbase full of alleged intellectuals, we have some real dumbmarses posting here.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
So what you’re saying is on a 4th and 1 or 2, or goal line situations you expect them to insert Zach in a game and sling it around? You can disagree with their approach last week when he came in, and have the mindset the glass is half empty, that’s fine. But they had a plan in place at the end of last weeks game that even Nick Saban would have probably done the same exact way. And I think you saw a glimpse of him being able to run the offense last Saturday on his single pass, and it showed just how prepared Weinke and Buster have him, and all the QBs. It was an RPO, I won’t go into details, but I can assure you if you truly knew all the specifics to that play and the call, you’d see just how prepared they have him. And because he chose that specific read on that play, it played a huge roll in the success of the very next play.

Key has even said it so many times in his press conferences, both Haynes and Zach approach the position the same way, they both can run the offense. They push each other and learn from each other. It’s not like you are subbing in Gibson for Sims if you get what I am saying. Are there different variations and little tweaks that are made between the two, probably. But to think these coaches are neglecting to prepare their #2 guy is hard for me to understand. I think the big takeaway should be that these guys didn’t fold and panic under a bit of adversity they faced late in the game. They kept calm and confident…no one, except maybe us fans, panicked on the GT sideline. That’s a testament to CBK and all his coaches.

I don’t talk to Zach about football at all. I don’t need to, or even want to know any of those specifics. We talk about life things. There is zero value add from me when it comes to football for him, heck his QB coach is a Heisman winner. The mindset and culture is shifting for GT football, sit back and enjoy what is ahead.
To be fair to SOWEGA, I would say he is a typically glass 1/4 to 1/2 empty most of his posts.

You get used to and expect a certain level of negativity with him. We learn to ignore the unreasonable parts. (They are holding him back or dont trust him because they dont let him air it out on short yardage situations. :ROFLMAO: ) But he is still a strong GT fan.

I love how you post on the forum!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
He didn’t need to come into the UNC game with a cape on. Nor has he needed to in any other game this year. He’s had a very specific and defined role this year, and up until this last game it’s been very successful. Pretty simple. And in these situations where he has been put in the game, there is no need for them to have to open the playbook up. But if they needed to, I can assure you Weinke and Buster have him fully prepared. And who knows, maybe there has been a very specific strategy behind him running “middle school” plays.

It amazes a lot of people don’t think these coaches know what they are doing or that they have guys prepared.
There's ignorance (I am a member of that club), then there is stupid/moronic ignorance. The latter group thinks they they what is going on but are to cocky to know that they are ignorant. They tend to think they know all the answers and the coaches are idiots.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck

you posts are so spot on, and most appreciated here.

there was a lot of excitement around here when Zach committed to Tech. Of course, there wasn't much to complain about at that time, so some of these guys probably weren't posting then.

He has only elevated that level of excitement since he's been here.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Thank you, topic closed.

For a fanbase full of alleged intellectuals, we have some real dumbmarses posting here.
Guilty as charged
epic fail falling GIF

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I admit I don't know a lot about it and would not say all that I said Sat if I had it to do again. I was upset with all the penalities, mistakes by players and coaches when we had been told they were fixing them, still I had no place venting that online and I apologize.

This board is one of the more sane ones I've ever been on and I will try in the future to help that and not hurt it. Doesn't mean I will be right all the time as FB is very different game than when I was young. Some of the fundamentals are still the same and probably will continue to be.

I'm grateful to have CBK and he is learning and will be a good one in time and doing a good job for where he is in his move fwd as a HC IMO.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I’m not creating anything. We all saw it with our own eyes, When Pyron is put into the game the play calls become middle school level. I love Pyron as a player. He is not calling the plays so he’s not the root of any of this. He has been in this system the same number of days as King yet the coaches DO NOT let him run the plays they let King run. If he starts against ND and light it up then won’t everyone wonder why against UNC we didn’t?

Sure, Pyron is a team player. He’s a good person. But when he gets that GT degree in his hand he ain’t holding a clipboard for another season and I’ll enjoy watching him play somewhere else. And you can quote QBR all you want, but King is not getting drafted this year. I follow some NFL stuff and no one is talking about King. I think King could be fine in the NFL, but Faulkner is doing him no favors with his play calls.
This is a short-sighted analysis in my opinion. Faulkner calls the plays he thinks are appropriate for the game situation. He does this regardless of who is playing QB. King has been injured most of the year.

Last edited:

scb222

Georgia Tech Fan
PV Dad getting me fired up to watch this game Saturday. Epitome of how to raise a son and how every parent of an athlete should go about their business. Man Zach plays football about the toughest way possible too.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This is a short-sighted analysis in my opinion. Faulkner calls the plays he thinks are appropriate for the game situation. He does this regardless of who is playing QB. King has been injured most of the year.
I believe that may be the case so. And if so, it is possible we haven't come close to seeing the full potential of this offense so far this year, and if that is the case, I hope we get to see it Saturday afternoon. I am excited about this game, win or lose, especially after last week's must win for me. This one will be fun to watch.
Go Jackets!