If a change is made...

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Man that would be such an underwhelming hire. But maybe that’s all we’ve got right now
Of the candidates I've seen, I do not want BOB.

The one positive, though, is he literally resurrected a dead Penn State program going through a worse rebuild than we currently have. Penn State does have inherent advantages he could make use of, but he at least is a coach with a previous success of a monumental rebuild.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
BOB won’t happen, boosters don’t want another tech guy, he’s not using Alabamas offensive talent like he should, wants to jump back to the nfl most likely and will interview for bigger jobs.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Of the candidates I've seen, I do not want BOB.

The one positive, though, is he literally resurrected a dead Penn State program going through a worse rebuild than we currently have. Penn State does have inherent advantages he could make use of, but he at least is a coach with a previous success of a monumental rebuild.
Which is why I think he’d be a good fit. In the short term, at least.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
BOB won’t happen, boosters don’t want another tech guy, he’s not using Alabamas offensive talent like he should, wants to jump back to the nfl most likely and will interview for bigger jobs.

I think this is exactly why we need a search firm. GTAA wants one guy (who I bet is being backed by George O'Leary just like Geoff was) and the boosters want another (Dell probably because they have a bigger influence on recruiting than anything else and want an elite recruiter). Too many cooks, you need a search firm to keep all the voices out. We'll see what happens.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
? he was only a head coach in college 2 years at penn state. He was fine as a head coach in the NFL
O'Brien's first coaching position was at Brown, where he coached tight ends in 1993 and inside linebackers in 1994. He then spent the next three seasons (1995–1997) as an offensive graduate assistant at Georgia Tech.[6]

He then coached the Yellow Jackets' running backs from the 1998 season through 2000 season. In 1999, running back Sean Gregory ran for 837 yards with six touchdowns. In 2000, running back Joe Burns ran for 908 yards with 12 touchdowns.[7]

From 2001 to 2002, O'Brien served as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach and was named an assistant head coach for the 2002 season. In 2002, O'Brien was hired as Notre Dame's offensive Coordinator before George O'Leary was dismissed. As offensive coordinator at Georgia Tech in 2001 and 2002, his teams averaged 31 and 21.5 points per game, respectively as the teams went 9–4 and 7–6.[8][9] In 2001, running back Joe Burns ran for 1,165 yards with 14 touchdowns and quarterback George Godsey threw for 3,085 yards with 18 touchdowns. In 2002 under Chan Gailey, running back Tony Hollings ran for 633 yards with 11 touchdowns and wide receiver Kerry Watkins got 1,050 yards and 5 touchdowns.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Pure speculation to drive comments, but has anyone considered the possibility of us hiring a head coach who is also the AD? That was commonplace years ago, but not so much today.

Oof. How many times has a pro team given a HC basically the GM position and it backfired? Hawks did that with Coach Bud and it basically ruined us until he was let go and Trae came. I feel like this would be similar.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Pure speculation to drive comments, but has anyone considered the possibility of us hiring a head coach who is also the AD? That was commonplace years ago, but not so much today.
It’s not common because it puts not only more responsibility on the coach/AD but also puts more of a burden on the president. Plus it gives the football coach less accountability than the basketball coach who now reports to him. The last thing a Tech coach needs is to have to worry about all the non-football sports in addition to all the responsibilities for football.