If a change is made...

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I can't see Tech destroying UCF, but I hope they've read enough bad stuff about the losses that they get fired up and win one.
It's a weird time to be a Tech fan. We've lost all faith or even hope in the coach, but we still want to win.
From the interviews with the current players, they seem to like Collins. Maybe all of the negative criticism this week will motivate them to keep their coaches job (since it seems like winning hasn't been enough motivation the last 3 seasons).

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
If we lose this weekend , I can't see Collins keeping his job and will be gone before homecoming. Too much fan hate on him for homecoming.
Otherwise, he will likely be given the chance to finish the season.

He's had plenty of chances to backup his claims of making this program elite and plenty of chances to fix the mistakes. So why should we continue to give him more time to right the ship ?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
From the interviews with the current players, they seem to like Collins. Maybe all of the negative criticism this week will motivate them to keep their coaches job (since it seems like winning hasn't been enough motivation the last 3 seasons).
If they really like him, they'll play hard for him this week. We'll see what happens...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think the more pertinent question is if he is fired after UCF. If the buyout is Jan 1 instead of the end of the season, that only increases the chances that we move on from CGC during the season. UCF is a chance to even up our record before our ACC slate begins. The way we lost last weekend has got the gears in motion to move on from CGC but I just don't think anything is going to happen fast.

If it isn't this weekend, we probably won't see anything until after the Virginia game. Hypothetically, Duke and UVA are our two most winnable games (if we have such a thing) left on our early football schedule. VT is so late in the year it likely doesn't factor in. We have an outside chance of being 3-4 after the UVA game, more likely we will be 1-6. If we are 1-6 after UVA I think he will be fired then.

On another note. I know that the TStan being hitched to CGC debate is still raging. I am rather neutral on TStan and don't really care if he stays or leaves. Could any of us imagine TStan and Deion in a press conference together though? They just don't seem like they would meld together. The sunglasses on display in that press conference would be something else though.

View attachment 13140View attachment 13141
Thumbs up for the sunglass contrast. The whole contrast altogether, LOL.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
For you business/corporate types, if Collins has any aspirations of ever getting a HC position again, would it be better for his resume to have three 3 win seasons and a partial season asterisk or three 3-win seasons and fourth season with only 1, 2 or 3 wins? I contend he could benefit from the former by spinning being fired in mid season as being right on the cusp of turning it all around in the second half.
General Custer: "If only those Indians hadn't shown up, we'd a won. No question!"

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
He IS a likeable guy....... he is just not a HC. No sin in that, but he should recognize it by now and resign, IMO.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
If we lose this weekend , I can't see Collins keeping his job and will be gone before homecoming. Too much fan hate on him for homecoming.
Otherwise, he will likely be given the chance to finish the season.

He's had plenty of chances to backup his claims of making this program elite and plenty of chances to fix the mistakes. So why should we continue to give him more time to right the ship ?
If Collins wins this weekend, I could see TStan giving him a $30M 5 year extension.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
If they like him so much, they can start playing ball. There is no way of knowing the true sentiment on a team like this.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

CEB

Helluva Engineer
For you business/corporate types, if Collins has any aspirations of ever getting a HC position again, would it be better for his resume to have three 3 win seasons and a partial season asterisk or three 3-win seasons and fourth season with only 1, 2 or 3 wins? I contend he could benefit from the former by spinning being fired in mid season as being right on the cusp of turning it all around in the second half.
Actually an interesting question....
If I’m an employer, I am skeptical of anyone who has to be removed in the midst of a project / season. If the people closest to the situation don’t see things getting better, it’s hard to accept a candidate telling me it was just about to turn around when he / she was relieved of duty.
I think Collins’ best hope of resume building is to get a couple big wins down the stretch and finish with at least 4 total.
I don’t see any difference in a mid season dismissal or another season with 3 or fewer wins. Just no polishing that turd...

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Ok, hypothetical. If Collins were to win every game remaining, make the CFB playoffs, win the Natty, set a new Tech record for season ticket sales, have Geoff be the most popular name for babies ... do you think Tech would keep him? 🤔

No.

gdamian

Georgia Tech Fan
I don’t personally disagree with anything you said.... but again, in the context of unwinding a signed contract, which was my premise, we can’t tell Collins he won’t win 7 until he CAN’T win 7... or 6... or 5...
The best predictor of future performance is past performance.