If a change is made...

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Unfortunately Kendal Briles has some baggage attached to him from his Baylor days. Great offensive mind though. Outside of the dumpster fire year with Willie Taggert at FSU in 2018, Briles has put up big numbers. His offense is a big reason why Sam Pittman has been successful at Arkansas.
The Briles (both of them) were cleared of any wrong doing in that scandal. They were the sacrificial lambs. I'd be in support of Art or Kendal.
Agreed both were cleared and I think Kendal is worth an interview. You would automatically get Art as a consultant. Even if there was a little baggage it may be worth us taken on

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Why should Jamey Chadwell be high on our list? Watch this video first. I've got it marked at the beginning of Chadwell's takeover at Coastal:

What stands out to me is:

1. He's a lot like O'Leary, Ross, Gailey, CPJ in that he finds talent that fits his system, and he can develop that talent at a high level. It's not only offense that he's doing that. He's putting guys on both sides of the ball in the NFL. If you're coaching at GT, one of your highest priorities is finding and developing talent...even if they're a 2 star. He's not about winning headlines in recruiting, he's about winning games on the field. His transition from FCS to FBS has been amazing.

2. He's not married to one system. He's known for his option schemes, but he's open minded about incorporating other schemes if it helps his team. He saw that his offense needed something new, and he married the RPO with his option offense to help with the transition to the FBS. He's a coach that understands football is constantly evolving and you have to evolve or everyone catches up. Let's be honest, CPJ is an offensive genius, but he was pretty hard headed about his offense.

This is the kind of coach GT needs. Someone that's resourceful, and thinks outside of the box. IMO, he would easily be the best coach in the ACC Coastal and GT could compete for the Coastal within the first 2 years. The personnel is already here (provided we don't have a mass exodus). His system is also proven to put guys in the NFL...so there's not that stigma attached to it like there was with CPJ's brand of option football. Also, his option scheme isn't dependent on cut blocking so we don't have to worry about the new blocking rules that affects he flex option.

This is like getting a young CPJ and Friedgen.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Why should Jamey Chadwell be high on our list? Watch this video first. I've got it marked at the beginning of Chadwell's takeover at Coastal:

What stands out to me is:

1. He's a lot like O'Leary, Ross, Gailey, CPJ in that he finds talent that fits his system, and he can develop that talent at a high level. It's not only offense that he's doing that. He's putting guys on both sides of the ball in the NFL. If you're coaching at GT, one of your highest priorities is finding and developing talent...even if they're a 2 star. He's not about winning headlines in recruiting, he's about winning games on the field. His transition from FCS to FBS has been amazing.

2. He's not married to one system. He's known for his option schemes, but he's open minded about incorporating other schemes if it helps his team. He saw that his offense needed something new, and he married the RPO with his option offense to help with the transition to the FBS. He's a coach that understands football is constantly evolving and you have to evolve or everyone catches up. Let's be honest, CPJ is an offensive genius, but he was pretty hard headed about his offense.

This is the kind of coach GT needs. Someone that's resourceful, and thinks outside of the box. IMO, he would easily be the best coach in the ACC Coastal and GT could compete for the Coastal within the first 2 years. The personnel is already here (provided we don't have a mass exodus). His system is also proven to put guys in the NFL...so there's not that stigma attached to it like there was with CPJ's brand of option football. Also, his option scheme isn't dependent on cut blocking so we don't have to worry about the new blocking rules that affects he flex option.

No doubt he would be (and should be) high on our list but I'm afraid with how this divorce will play out involving the leaders of our AA, Chadwell will not be available by the time we get go courting again.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's not just a "little" baggage...

The most head shaking and d@mning part? This response from Briles:

In February 2017, university regents revealed new details in the case, including texts and quotes from conversations alleging Briles ignored sexual assaults by players and failed to alert university officials or discipline athletes. In one alleged gang rape incident in 2013, Briles was shown a list of players a victim had identified.

“These are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?,” Briles is quoted in the filing as saying.

1. Those "bad dudes" were guys he signed and played for him.
2. He's blaming what happened on the victim by questioning why she was around those guys in the first place.

Sorry, but that's not anyone I want associated with GT. I was a huge Briles fan previously, and he's an offensive genius, but some things can't be overlooked.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
No doubt he would be (and should be) high on our list but I'm afraid with how this divorce will play out involving the leaders of our AA, Chadwell will not be available by the time we get go courting again.
So is it meddling or whatever they call it if a rich booster calls this guy and say "Hey, dude. I'll make it worth your while to wait for us" ? Not that I know anyone that rich but a guy can dream, right?

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
It seems to me that we're not looking for our "forever coach".

We're looking for someone who can give us 3-4 years of turnaround effort before he gets lured away by a big money school or retires.

JacketFan137

Banned
It seems to me that we're not looking for our "forever coach".

We're looking for someone who can give us 3-4 years of turnaround effort before he gets lured away by a big money school or retires.
i think that’s kinda what we’re looking at no matter what unless we hire a coach people don’t want to hire away like a paul johnson.

for the foreseeable future tech will face that since we aren’t bama, usc, texas, notre dame, michigan, or an nfl team.

having some fun for four years would be better than what’s going on now

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah you don't leave a P5 program you rebuilt for another P5 rebuild unless it's a blueblood and you think you can win a title there or get a massive pay check from them. That's also why I don't think Kansas's coach leaves for Nebraska.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yeah you don't leave a P5 program you rebuilt for another P5 rebuild unless it's a blueblood and you think you can win a title there or get a massive pay check from them. That's also why I don't think Kansas's coach leaves for Nebraska.

If Nebraska offers, I think he does take it. It's a "Power 2" job, at a school that has a LOT of resources he's never had before. In 2 years, it'll be the B1G and SEC...then everyone else. The gap will widen even further, and despite the state of Nebraska's program at the moment, it's still a better job than Kansas. Just my opinion...we'll see.

The other thing to watch out for is Wisconsin. Leipold is a Wisconsin guy. He had a legendary coaching career at Wisconsin Whitewater, and was born in the state. There's rumblings that Chryst needs a big year as the fanbase and donors are ready to move on. Leipold is high on their list. It's a natural fit. Of course, Scott Frost and Nebraska seemed like a natural fit as well...so...

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Collins is basically done, it’s a matter of when he’s fired.
I have a few candidates in mind.

In no particular order:
Deion Sanders
Shawn Elliot
Jamey Caldwell
Shawn Clark
Dave Clawson
Clay Helton
Derrick Mason
Will Muschamp
Ed Ogeron
Butch Jones

Each name brings their own special things to the table.
Butch Jones is a slightly less annoying Collins. Let's stay away from him and Muschamp please

90sJacketsFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Collins is basically done, it’s a matter of when he’s fired.
I have a few candidates in mind.

In no particular order:
Deion Sanders - Would bring talent and has connections to put a staff together
Shawn Elliot - Former OL coach would beef up the LOS (poor man's Pittman)
Jamey Caldwell - Chadwell is affordable and has a unique offense
Shawn Clark- never heard of him, but would consider Bill Clark
Dave Clawson - would be good if he's willing to leave WF
Clay Helton - might be too soon for him to leave Ga Southern
Derrick Mason- Better DC than HC
Will Muschamp - He's had plenty of chances
Ed Ogeron - No
Butch Jones- LOL

Each name brings their own special things to the table.