If a change is made...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Just stop lol

For a school/alumnus that like to be the smartest people in the room, the people associated with the program from the top down have awful ideas and make horrible decisions.

I get it. Pretty much anyone is better than Collins at this point. But good lord. Some of y’all are impossible.

Butch Jones? BUTCH JONESSSSS?!!!?!! LIFE CHAMPIONS BRICK BY BRICK?!

Apologies to anyone who takes this personally. I’m studying for a test and needed to vent.

That is all. Is Geoff gone yet?
Dude went winless in the SEC the year he got fired (2017), finishing 4-6 overall.

He also beat us that year, so maybe he's the X's and O's savant that we need.

Zoomies Spinning GIF by Impact Dog Crates

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Chadwell has an all-world QB for his offense right now. He’s 8-16 without Grayson McCall at Coastal. Way too big of a gamble unless we want to wait a year and see how he does with a different QB.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Chadwell has an all-world QB for his offense right now. He’s 8-16 without Grayson McCall at Coastal. Way too big of a gamble unless we want to wait a year and see how he does with a different QB.
the first year (2017) he was 3-9 as an interim head coach with CC being in the sun belt and FBS for the first time. kinda give him a pass on that. he became the full time head coach 2 years later in 2019. he went 5-7 in his first year as HC, which was the same record the year before with Joe Moglia was the head coach.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Maybe look at Bobby Petrino, seriously. To the Mods, apologies for the poorly attempted Rick Roll. Lol.
Worth a look, for sure. He should be available. Presently at Missouri State:

"Petrino has directed his college teams to nine bowl games, including the first Bowl Championship Series (BCS) bowl games for both the Louisville Cardinals and the Arkansas Razorbacks in their programs' histories. His teams have achieved four 10-win seasons along with six AP top-25 finishes."

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
If you think Gus malzahn, butch jones, any option coach, Bobby freaking Petrino, would be a good candidate please…stop telling people.

What is wrong with some of y’all?😩😩

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
I get the Chadwell love, but recruiting would be a challenge. The reason he hasn’t left Coastal is because he’s uber loyal and won’t take another job if he can’t bring all his assistants… and none of them have substantial experience recruiting at the power five level.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
Brian Hartline should absolutely get an interview. He is one of the best recruiters in the sport. We would be a destination school for receivers based off his pedigree. Could probably get Corey Dennis as the offensive coordinator.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Dude went winless in the SEC the year he got fired (2017), finishing 4-6 overall.

He also beat us that year, so maybe he's the X's and O's savant that we need.

Zoomies Spinning GIF by Impact Dog Crates
I was in the stands so didn't see this at the time, but I remember seeing a clip from the Tenn-GT game. There was a penalty against GT. He didn't respond to the referee. The referee walked over to him to see what he wanted to do, but Jones signaled to him to wait. He had a clueless look on his face waiting for someone on the headset to tell him whether they should accept the penalty or not. That was after a lot of the bad press for appearing to be a clueless coach. In that clip he looked the part. I wondered how someone like that was ever able to get a P5 HC position, and was glad that he wasn't at GT. Now, it seems like we have that guy in a lot of ways.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Grayson McCall was a 2-star recruit and the #66 dual threat QB in his class. His only other offers besides Coastal were Army, UT-Chattanooga, Gardner Webb, Eastern Kentucky, and App State. I definitely would not classify him as an “all-world” QB, he’s definitely benefitted from being in Chadwell’s system.

In Chawell’s first year of his current stint in 2019 they rotated between Fred Payton who is currently at FCS Mercer, and Bryce Carpenter who was another 2-star recruit and the #98 Pro-style QB in his class. I think we can definitely find some guys to play QB who are better than that. We have 4 different QBs on our roster who were rated higher than McCall, and Yates was also higher. I know recruiting rankings aren’t everything when it comes to player’s development and skill ceiling, but it’s a good measuring stick. No reason he couldn’t find somebody else to play QB just as good as McCall.

The biggest difference between Chadwell’s 2019 5-7 record and his 25-4 record since has been the defense. In 2019 they allowed 30.5PPG (88th in the country) and finished rated 114th in DFEI.
In 2020 they only allowed 20.2PPG (19th in the country) and finished 16th in DFEI
In 2021 they allowed 21.6PPG (25th in the country) and were 5th in DFEI
They’ve taken a step back on the defensive side of the ball from last year, but that’s mostly because they lost 8 starters and another handful of guys from their 2 deep from last year.

I really don’t think who’s playing QB for Coastal should make any difference in whether or not we hire him.