Ibeeballin for HC

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Geeze, already time for a coup.;)

Since I'm thoroughly unqualified for HC, and wouldn't have my email acknowledged by TStan if I did seek the position, I am appointing myself Head Coach for Life. Sure, it's a dictator-ish approach, but with a touch of whimsy and (I hope) very little bloodshed. The tanks will be rolling up the Edge Center any minute now. (TStan being out of town, Edge Center defenses aren't expecting anything.)

You folks are gonna love the warp-speed single wing offense the first couple of years, but fear not -- in the meantime I'll be working on the next disruptive college offense: 9 "athletes" and two "elephants/road graders" doing a freestyle multiple lateral rubgy-style thing. Natty in 2021, truth.

The defense will take a little getting used to, as well, what with plenty of 9- and 10-man blitzes. Though we'll have some 1-7-3 and 2-8-1 packages, too.:) And just for kicks, the "two level" 5-5-1 will be unleashed occasionally, the "1" be a safety about 25-28 yards back as the ultimate failsafe. Again: You'll love it.

As a bonus for special teams entertainment, almost all kickoff returns will be of the "starburst" variety. Not that you'll get to enjoy it often, what with our new ultra-aggressive defense knocking so many opposing QBs out of games and ultimately far fewer kickoffs to return.

Again: You'll love it. Or you will be reeducated until you do.

You may now return to the regularly scheduled anarchy of the current faux search for the next Tech head coach.

(y)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Geeze, already time for a coup.;)

Since I'm thoroughly unqualified for HC, and wouldn't have my email acknowledged by TStan if I did seek the position, I am appointing myself Head Coach for Life. Sure, it's a dictator-ish approach, but with a touch of whimsy and (I hope) very little bloodshed. The tanks will be rolling up the Edge Center any minute now. (TStan being out of town, Edge Center defenses aren't expecting anything.)

You folks are gonna love the warp-speed single wing offense the first couple of years, but fear not -- in the meantime I'll be working on the next disruptive college offense: 9 "athletes" and two "elephants/road graders" doing a freestyle multiple lateral rubgy-style thing. Natty in 2021, truth.

The defense will take a little getting used to, as well, what with plenty of 9- and 10-man blitzes. Though we'll have some 1-7-3 and 2-8-1 packages, too.:) And just for kicks, the "two level" 5-5-1 will be unleashed occasionally, the "1" be a safety about 25-28 yards back as the ultimate failsafe. Again: You'll love it.

As a bonus for special teams entertainment, almost all kickoff returns will be of the "starburst" variety. Not that you'll get to enjoy it often, what with our new ultra-aggressive defense knocking so many opposing QBs out of games and ultimately far fewer kickoffs to return.

Again: You'll love it. Or you will be reeducated until you do.

You may now return to the regularly scheduled anarchy of the current faux search for the next Tech head coach.

(y)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Biggest reason is he knows and excel at recruiting GA and is the key that would unlock a valuable pipeline in Archer & Buford HS. We have a good relationship with Grayson already but imagine getting 4-10 players/ yr from those 3 HS every yr. I also think he may be able to get those qualifiers from Dekalb, Clayton, and South Fulton.

I also believe he’ll maintain our identity with a physical, explosive run game and can utilize our current ABacks like Clemson has done with Amari Rodgers and RayRay McCloud.

Hell yes, sign me up for this

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Biggest reason is he knows and excel at recruiting GA and is the key that would unlock a valuable pipeline in Archer & Buford HS. We have a good relationship with Grayson already but imagine getting 4-10 players/ yr from those 3 HS every yr. I also think he may be able to get those qualifiers from Dekalb, Clayton, and South Fulton.

I also believe he’ll maintain our identity with a physical, explosive run game and can utilize our current ABacks like Clemson has done with Amari Rodgers and RayRay McCloud.

Satterfield is a close 2nd tho bc he’s a winner just not sure about him a recruiter
There is a feeling at Clemson that Elliott is ready and that Georgia Tech would be a great spot for the first job. (Note "first". He would not be a keeper in Atlanta, two-three years tops assuming he has some moderate success.) But he is a lights-out recruiter and has been among those wondering why Tech does not recruit better in Georgia, but are fine with just UGA as competition. In that time he could establish a recruiting presence we apparently are slack in. He can make the tough calls. Swinney made the call, but it was Elliot and Scott, co-offensive coordinators, who determined that with Bryant Clemson could win the ACC, but had no chance for the NC. And then made it work with Lawrence, accepting Bryant's departure as the cost of doing business. And there is some indication of a feeler as to his interest was made before the Johnson announcement, but if he is the one, there it will rest until the first week in January. With a decent QB and the Tech roster he could be competitive with a new offense. As Johnson noted, it is football after all. The more I think about it the more I like it. I just don't want somebody who happened to be at his desk when the phone rang, or another Chan Gailey with yesterday's NFL systems.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This whole thread is a slap in kg's face. I ask you, is there anyone more suited for get-bak coach than me? I'll wait.

On a serious note, I've been against the Elliot guy but ... it's hard to go against ibee's recommendation. Consider my mind changed.

If anybody's got a problem with it, alls I gotta say is ... GET BAK!

... still got it.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
This whole thread is a slap in kg's face. I ask you, is there anyone more suited for get-bak coach than me? I'll wait.

On a serious note, I've been against the Elliot guy but ... it's hard to go against ibee's recommendation. Consider my mind changed.

If anybody's got a problem with it, alls I gotta say is ... GET BAK!

... still got it.
I swcond your nomination for get nak coach kg