I love the Triple Option

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I've got a bad feeling that opposing teams strategy against JT will be to let him run with it and try to clobber him whether he keeps or pitches, hopefully that don't work out...
You gotta catch his *** before you can clobber him...it aint real smart letting a speedster loose in the open field.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
You gotta catch his *** before you can clobber him...it aint real smart letting a speedster loose in the open field.

it remains to be seen how many times he'll get open field,JT is quick but he is not strong(compared to the animals grabbing him).He won't begetting the extra 1-3 yds that the other QBs got just on strength.I've watched him and he is a high risk/high reward guy to me.They'll pull him down easily IF they can touch him..So the inline might not be great for him for example..

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
it remains to be seen how many times he'll get open field,JT is quick but he is not strong(compared to the animals grabbing him).He won't begetting the extra 1-3 yds that the other QBs got just on strength.I've watched him and he is a high risk/high reward guy to me.They'll pull him down easily IF they can touch him..So the inline might not be great for him for example..
You're dead on about that, but football is also a game of inches, angles and milliseconds. Remember the FSU kid outrunning the angle on the kick return td? There's no substitute for speed. JT won't be called on in power situation, but his stature can be an asset in short yardage nonetheless. He can get the corner on the triple option when the D sells out on the dive or he can find a small crease at the LOS and fit in their with his quickness. One thing that impresses me about him is his agility/footwork in tight spaces, especially at and around the LOS.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You're dead on about that, but football is also a game of inches, angles and milliseconds. Remember the FSU kid outrunning the angle on the kick return td? There's no substitute for speed. JT won't be called on in power situation, but his stature can be an asset in short yardage nonetheless. He can get the corner on the triple option when the D sells out on the dive or he can find a small crease at the LOS and fit in their with his quickness. One thing that impresses me about him is his agility/footwork in tight spaces, especially at and around the LOS.
To add on, we may see a different guy in goal line or 4th and short situations because of this.