I love the Triple Option

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I love the triple option. I love the complexity of our offense even beyond the triple.

I love going back through a game and seeing the different blocking schemes and determining if reads are correct.

I love seeing a defense over pursue or over commit and then seeing CPJ call a play that takes advantage.

I love that it works (when the players perform), even if the other team knows it is coming.

Chime in on why you love the triple option and our offense!

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
I love that everyone *hates* playing us because of our offense.
I love long, physical drives (death marches in particular).
I love busting out big plays when the other team least expects them.

Not enough of these threads around IMO.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I've been watching PJ offenses since 1985. And yes, I've even been in his office years ago to talk about how he draws this stuff up. The basic formation is nothing but a double slot spread that CAN lend itself to a passing offense if need be.
I don't see the whole "it's boring" thing, because if you get the QB and slot out on the edge, there's the anticipation of pitch or keep, tackle or big play. I like it more than dink and dunk, death by a 1,000 cuts passing games. If we get a QB can read it and run the offense and a B-back with breakaway ability, it's a beautiful thing.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
I love the triple option. I love the complexity of our offense even beyond the triple.

I love going back through a game and seeing the different blocking schemes and determining if reads are correct.

I love seeing a defense over pursue or over commit and then seeing CPJ call a play that takes advantage.

I love that it works (when the players perform), even if the other team knows it is coming.

Chime in on why you love the triple option and our offense!
I like this offense, but more importantly, we have to run a different system than the Factory schools to be competive.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I grew up playing in the TO under an amazing TO coach. Love the big play potential and live the hate other teams have for playing against it. Hopefully JT or TB can get it rolling again

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I enjoy watching it very much when it's working

What percentage of high school teams run it these days?

Animal02

Banned
I too like the death marches.......didn't seem to have any this year.
Also love how it can set up tendencies in defenses that can then be exploited for the big plays.
Would love to see another Tevin type QB (with better passing skills) that understood the scheme, trusts it and executed it.

bigsexy1211

Georgia Tech Fan
I love how the force secondary defender comes up and we throw a wheel route right over his head for a 30 yard gain. I love how every single running play can break for a big gainer. I love how walk-ons can average 10+ yards per touch. Optimism for next year? A 4-star, 4.4 forty, above average throwing arm quarterback is about to take the reigns. Johnson's job will be saved and then some. ACC title game appearance, 10 win season, UGA victory, ACC title, BCS bowl are all real possibilities IMO.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I like when you see the ball snap, the QB pull it from the BBack, take off for the perimeter, then something magical happens, defenders legs are all you see with nothing but green in front of the QB. That is my favorite thing because you see it develop step by step.

I also loved the swing pass to the WRs with one man on him, a quick powerful stiff arm and he gone.

On 3rd and 1, 4th and 1 or on the goal line I love to see a "kamakaze" A back cut straight up the hole after a perfectly timed snap with the QB following for the easy conversion.

Haven't seen nearly as much of those since Nesbitt and BeBe.