I Hope You won't Think Less of Me

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
As soon as the the game ended things were in a total raucus at my house. We were jumping up and down screaming in a mosh pit. Then in a fit of spontaneity, I ran down my stairs and out to the front porch and ripped my GT flag pole out of its pinnings and ran with it up and down my street waving it wildly and screaming. I made a special point to stop in front of every house with a UGA flag hanging in front. One unlucky gentleman was fortunate enough to be walking out of his garage and into his front yard. He just shook his head at me, slumped his shoulders, and walked back inside. I'm pretty sure I didn't make any new friends in the neighborhood yesterday.

Sounds like someone has their mind rite. When we scored our 3rd TD and started our comeback I ran up and down the restaurant slapping the tables of GT fans and screaming.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
As soon as the the game ended things were in a total raucus at my house. We were jumping up and down screaming in a mosh pit. Then in a fit of spontaneity, I ran down my stairs and out to the front porch and ripped my GT flag pole out of its pinnings and ran with it up and down my street waving it wildly and screaming. I made a special point to stop in front of every house with a UGA flag hanging in front. One unlucky gentleman was fortunate enough to be walking out of his garage and into his front yard. He just shook his head at me, slumped his shoulders, and walked back inside. I'm pretty sure I didn't make any new friends in the neighborhood yesterday.

I am glad I am not the only over 40 Tech fan that makes a fool out of himself when we win a big game. I was so despondent in the 4th quarter after we failed to convert the 4th down that I left the living room where my family was watching the game and went to watch Michigan OSU in the bedroom. I heard my family yelling after the interception and I tried to watch the end of the game with them, but they banished me back to the bedroom. They said I was bad luck. I had to watch the end of the game by myself.

I would have taken a Tech flag and run up and down my street but unfortunately I live in the country. I would have to run a half mile to get to a neighbor's house. I am not in that good of shape anymore :)

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
As soon as the the game ended things were in a total raucus at my house.
In my mind's eye, I picture the anti-Boomer, getting all freaky after his (u)GA dwags win a game. He posts something like we saw above (on the WalMart bulletin board), with the main difference being that he ran out of his trailer, waving his camo dwag ballcap around the whole trailer park, only to find that there were no GT fans to taunt in the trailer park.

You did just fine, Boomer.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Watched it at a local watering hole that I share with some uga friends. My GT buddy and I segregated ourselves from the gaggers for this game.

I'm pretty even keel watching games as I tend to focus on what we're running, and who did what on each play. So I didn't have the crazy emotional swings I should have had for the game. My uga friends were whooping up a storm because they led for a lot of the game. Then it happened...the Leap, and defense held off the mutts for the win.

I did not celebrate, nor did I look their way after the game ended. Just played it cool like a guy holding a straight flush with a huge pile of chips at stake. After the game ended, everyone started to mingle as we usually do there. I never once brought up the game, nor did my uga buddies even want to. I'm not one to rub it in after a victory. Then it happened.

Bartender asked me if I wanted a drink, I kindly said "No thank you Ma'am, I'm good." I was about to leave.

uga buddy then sarcastically responded, "No, no you're not good!"

To which I responded, "MY team won today, so I'm pretty damn good!"

Silence from the uga crowd...

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
image.png
I was cheering in the 600 section in 2008 & planning to get hedge in 2016.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Alas, I could not watch the game in Alabama because my in laws do not have SEC network. However, as I was watching another game when the final came across the screen I let out a scream that so startled my in laws in the back of the house that one of them actually started to call the police. My wife knew better and assured them that without even seeing the TV she knew Tech had won. They are all Auburn fans and were happy for me but knew what was going to happen a little later which it did.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="Techster, post: 267337, member: 360"]Watched it at a local watering hole that I share with some uga friends. My GT buddy and I segregated ourselves from the gaggers for this game.

I'm pretty even keel watching games as I tend to focus on what we're running, and who did what on each play. So I didn't have the crazy emotional swings I should have had for the game. My uga friends were whooping up a storm because they led for a lot of the game. Then it happened...the Leap, and defense held off the mutts for the win.

I did not celebrate, nor did I look their way after the game ended. Just played it cool like a guy holding a straight flush with a huge pile of chips at stake. After the game ended, everyone started to mingle as we usually do there. I never once brought up the game, nor did my uga buddies even want to. I'm not one to rub it in after a victory. Then it happened.

Bartender asked me if I wanted a drink, I kindly said "No thank you Ma'am, I'm good." I was about to leave.

uga buddy then sarcastically responded, "No, no you're not good!"

To which I responded, "MY team won today, so I'm pretty damn good!"

Silence from the uga crowd...[/QUOTE]
Your going to need better friends :)