I Don't Like To...

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Because it looks like the things Miami does. That is not Georgia Tech.

You misspelled most 18-22 year old athletes.

There are things to complain about, the people with no chance to play being engaged and trying to hype up their teammates that are playing shouldn’t be one of them IMO.

Collins’ mantra is focusing on the next play. When you do that, the scoreboard isn’t as relevant. Could it be embarrassing to fans and potentially the players when we are losing (especially to a team we should beat)? Sure. Is it any worse than looking defeated, not being locked in, and/or mailing it in? No. I’d prefer the former. I think most teams have the other option.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
There was no slanted guy. That guy was one of the 4 behind the line of scrimmage. The center was lined up slightly in front, but all six of the others on the LOS were in a straight line.

Yeah, I know. I was being funny.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Honestly it looked like we only had 2 on the LOS. I don’t think 18 inches behind the Center’s butt constitutes being on the LOS.

Tell that to UNC. In that game their linemen were lined up in a "U" shape and were two or three yards behind the ball.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Honestly it looked like we only had 2 on the LOS. I don’t think 18 inches behind the Center’s butt constitutes being on the LOS.
I agree with you here. But the second guy may be further back than 18”. No one else though was closer than almost a full yard behind the line.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Because it looks like the things Miami does. That is not Georgia Tech.
It’s just redshirts and inactive players trying to keep the team fired up is it not? Although I personally haven’t paid any attention to it, i can see it being a bad look if were getting killed but still in the game like vs. Citadel who freaking cares? It coach’s team, if he decides that juice dancing on the sideline actually IS GT then it is

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Great post, I wholeheartedly agree. Just the fact that our guys gave everything they had with a 1-5 record staring them in the face speaks volumes to CGC and his philosophy as well as how he has sold the players on it. They never gave up and refused to lose.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We crucified M. Richt for this when he did it (against UF if I recall).

Im not a fan of this kinda stuff usually. But. Standing at 1-5...in an away game at Miami....we needed a morale boost and got it. I’ll give him a pass on this one. But I don’t like giving yards away on unnecessary penalties 99.99999% of the time.

Yes I’m being selectively hypocritical.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully GT will keep playing like they did yesterday and GT goes 6-6 and goes bowling somewhere like the Quick Lane Bowl,Gasparilla Bowl or Birmingham Bowl.
I like the hope but believe that is overly optimistic. We may win one or two more games, but if we were to go 5-1 in the second half, that would be an astounding turnaround.

We’ll get there, but .....patience, grasshopper.....patience.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The four blockers (two on either side of the center) are more than a yard off the line. Are you saying they are “on the line”?

By rule they are. The 5th guy not on the line was likely the topside gunner in that pic. And that is questionable, otherwise if he is on the line the call is inexcusable

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
By rule they are. The 5th guy not on the line was likely the topside gunner in that pic. And that is questionable, otherwise if he is on the line the call is inexcusable

The two gunners are both further up than the linemen. It was a bad call, period.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The two gunners are both further up than the linemen. It was a bad call, period.

i don’t believe gunners or wr alignment is relative to the center like a down linemen. In other words the down linemen can line up with their heads even with the centers butt. But wide outs or gunners have to be on the line.

The top gunner is not on the line tight like the bottom gunner is. The fact is he is off of it a bit and I could see that being called. Its borderline