Howell is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Would venture a guess that few, if any, of the ships opened by transfers will be used this year. Hell, maybe even next year.

Impact APR at all?

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Would venture a guess that few, if any, of the ships opened by transfers will be used this year. Hell, maybe even next year.

What? Why would you say that? If there are open scholarships then the coaches should fill them.

I was just about to say these transfers sure are a buzzkill to the recruiting hype. Every time we lose somebody this late in the game, that's one more kid the coaches need to "settle" for. Am I wrong in assuming they'll always try to get to 85 schollies?

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Don't know why anyone would wait this long to go through with it, I'm assuming they would have to at least wait until summer to enroll wherever they're going.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It's wack.
Like step up your level of play. Fight for what you want, grind harder, work harder, this "I give up & quit" attitude sucks. It shows a lack of toughness & commitment.

I typically side with the students but this is just garbage to me.
If you are not going to play at Tech then go where you think you can play, having learned that this level is a step or so above your pay grade. So in that regard it has been invaluable. If the choice is sit with a winner or play with a loser, then set your priority. Playing generally wins out. They cannot all be Hunter Renfrow. I'm amazed there's even one of him.

Reactions: Eli

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It's not Mills. And I especially don't like our anticipated starting QB's family member spreading rumors on a public board, even if you don't name names. As for starters, may have started at one time but doesn't necessarily mean they would have been starting next year. Like I have said before and on other boards. We will win with you or without you and it is an exciting time to be a football player at GT. We are poised for a couple of really big seasons coming up, we have a new AD that will support the program and give it much needed resources, and we have a new apparel deal coming up that the players will like and benefit from.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I saw this coming when Jalen( s/o to J) came in and passed up Phillpot(i think i screwed up the spelling) Howell, and Messick(only one who hasn't transferred).
Sidenote: if you transfer due to the vigorous grades or homesick I don't blame you, but if you transfer bc you got beat out...i have no sympathy for you at all. Work hard and prove the coaches wrong. My sophomore year I was only allowed to practice with varsity but played JV. I was pissed that he left me off and worked hard all year and the next year I had the most points, rebounds, steals on the team as a 6'4 post player in 6A ( had the appearance of Dirk and played like Zach Randolph)...alright calm down....back to football...no more glory day talk....Howell has talent and will probably go to KSU or Mercer

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for saying that about rumors big daddy. It has me frustrated at the source. Hard to be a leader when you are clearly sharing non-public info...

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for saying that about rumors big daddy. It has me frustrated at the source. Hard to be a leader when you are clearly sharing non-public info...

In his defense, he allegedly shared info with a family member.

That family member then shared with us. If there is blame for sharing, then it does not go to MJ.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Alen, I disagree. Telling anyone outside the team private info is not what a leader does... especially telling him mills still doing what got him in trouble... I am pulling for one of the freshman qb's to start now.

babuka

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought he was one of the most talented receivers coming out of high school that we had recruited in the last several years. Had real good speed. I thought he would get playing time for sure this year. Not sure why it didn't work out for him here.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I see what you mean, but personally I would tell my brother (who I trust) about my teammates, but I would not tell my teammates (though I trust them) about my brother.

Depends on a lot of who and what, but that's how I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.