Howell is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
Seems like the effect of all these transfers (with the exception of M Marshall) is that the bottom of our roster is getting churned. That isn't necessarily a bad thing.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
It's wack.
Like step up your level of play. Fight for what you want, grind harder, work harder, this "I give up & quit" attitude sucks. It shows a lack of toughness & commitment.

I typically side with the students but this is just garbage to me.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It's wack.
Like step up your level of play. Fight for what you want, grind harder, work harder, this "I give up & quit" attitude sucks. It shows a lack of toughness & commitment.

I typically side with the students but this is just garbage to me.

I generally agree but we can't assume they all left due to competition. Could be grades, could be not wanting to actually go to class anymore, could be they just want a change.

Also, don't assume coaches don't play favorites thereby eliminating real "competition". Not saying that's what happened so don't jump down my throat. Just saying it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
Who knows what's going on in their lives. I don't judge them. I don't think there's any ill will with anyone in the program, but it sounds like some folks got some truth spoken to them during the end of the year meetings they have with the coaches and those folks decided if they wanted to play, they'd go somewhere else. There's nothing wrong with that.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Scholarship WR depth now:

Jeune (RSr)
Stewart(Jr)
Mikell Lands-Davis(Jr)
Camp(So)
Messick(RSr)
Dolphus(RFr)
Jair-Hawkins(RFr)

No WRs committed as of yet for this class. Probably need 2 WRs this class to replace Messick and Jeune after they leave.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
None of these kids that have transferred (except for Marcus Marshall) were ever likely to be starters other than maybe their senior years. Can't really blame them for wanting a chance to play... on the other hand, it amazes me how many of these kids think they can get to the NFL and would forsake a GT degree for a chance at a little PT.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
None of these kids that have transferred (except for Marcus Marshall) were ever likely to be starters other than maybe their senior years. Can't really blame them for wanting a chance to play... on the other hand, it amazes me how many of these kids think they can get to the NFL and would forsake a GT degree for a chance at a little PT.

supposed to be some starters leaving as well.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Well on the one hand we are losing guys that aren't playing for us. On the other hand this is way more attrition than we're used to. We do need depth (see 2015: injuries), plus special teams, plus guys who develop into contributors eventually.

What's weird is that there doesn't seem to be compensatory urgency to nab players to fill out the class. Makes me think we have a lot more coming in than we already know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.