How to recruit more fans

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You tell him "sometimes grown ups have to pay full price, and kids don't. It's part of being a grown up"

I mean, I'm being a little bit jokey, but if you've got a fan that is mad that they paid to come to a game and a child got in free, that's a genuinely awful person, and not the kind of fan I would want.

As far as when do you decide a seat is unsold? It's a great question. I'd need to see some sort of distribution of when tickets are sold. I would want some critical mass, where if you get a late push, you have some tickets left. Maybe withhold 1000 for last minute walkups? I'd need better access to the data to make that decision, but it doesn't seem like a particularly complicated question. You decide what your acceptable risk of paying customers being seatless is, and you do the math.
Send it to TStan.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Great idea. Also the robots or any other cool geekish type of clubs that exist on campus.

Roboots are a great idea for the pregame competition

Actually i would like the formation drones, racing drones, and robots be events at homecoming like the wrek parade.

Computer related degrees are the new ME.

Auburn has War Eagle Start their came, we could have BUZZ Drone.

So many spin offs.

Mot happening unless students do it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It's sad that some of the students don't wanta come out to attend the game but i would say some of them don't know jack abt football or was not raised to go to a game or watch it on tv,I like your input on this,maybe for the alumni make them play a touch only football game before the game or after,for as before the game during wreckers bring some people not from atlanta (locals) to sing bring some from Cali or some groups that are just coming out that are real good and on the scheduling schedule USC or Colorado or Florida I would love to see us play them beat the gator out of them love your input on this bud
Well, okay then.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There was a gas powered model airplane that was flown at football games . I saw photos in an old yearbook. It must have been in the 40's or 50's. Probably too much liability to continue it. It wasn't done in the mid 60's when I was there.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
It's sad that some of the students don't wanta come out to attend the game but i would say some of them don't know jack abt football .....

My daughter graduated two years ago and while waiting for the ceremony to start and while reading through the list of graduates and their respective degrees, it stood out like a sore thumb that times have really changed. A huge percentage of the graduates weren't from these parts and couple that with our relatively small enrollment...you get the picture. This has been talked about many times but it is a real thing that really hurts us.