How to recruit more fans

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Announce all game times at beginning of season and sell alcohol!
Game times are already announced for the foreseeable future. Noon. So that’s already established. Now alcohol, that’s something I think does need to happen! Nothing worse than drinking for hours, then having to stop for 3 hours while sitting in 100 degree heat.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I’ve said this multiple time concerning GT.
1. Get away from 680 move to 92.9/103
2. Bring in youth leagues/middle/high schools
3. Imbrace the diversity of your campus/city
4. Give aways, T shirts, ect..
5. Have alum greats on the field all of them

Always think brand and marketing. This a glitz town. Be glitzy.

1. You will get blasted for this. Don’t you know radio broadcasts do not matter anymore? That is why ugag, bama, Texas, n.d., osu, penn state, Iowa, Oklahoma, and schools like that don’t care about a good station broadcasting their games. ( and 92.9 just got gsu - yep, gsu)

2. We do that. And have for years.

3. Stick to football

4. We can do much better with this idea. Much better.

5. Do that quite a bit now, starting with honorary captain at coin toss.

But many well taken points & ideas. We REALLY do need to do something about our radio coverage..

Last edited:

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
1. You will get blasted for this. Don’t you know radio broadcasts do not matter anymore? That is why ugag, bama, Texas, n.d., osu, penn state, Iowa, Oklahoma, and schools like that don’t care about a good station broadcasting their games. ( and 92.9 just got gsu - yep, gsu)

2. We do that. And have for years.

3. Stick to football

4. We can do much better with this idea. Much better.

5. Do that quite a bit now, starting with honorary captain at coin toss.

But many well taken points & ideas. We REALLY do need to do something about our radio coverage..

2. Every unsold seat should go to a local kid. The stadium should always be full, and if that means having all of the nosebleed seats be freebies given to local h.s. players/youth players, then better. That's generations of GT fans being made. This INFURIATES me. UVa has the same problem. You're not getting any ticket money for unsold seats, so you may as well get some concession money, improve your atmosphere, and seed your fanbase for years to come.

3. ?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
2. Every unsold seat should go to a local kid. The stadium should always be full, and if that means having all of the nosebleed seats be freebies given to local h.s. players/youth players, then better. That's generations of GT fans being made. This INFURIATES me. UVa has the same problem. You're not getting any ticket money for unsold seats, so you may as well get some concession money, improve your atmosphere, and seed your fanbase for years to come.

3. ?
That sounds good in theory, but it's very tricky to pull off. When do you decide a seat is unsold? Most people make plans way in advance, youth groups especially. How do you justify it to the guy who paid full price sitting next to a whole bunch of free kids?

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
That sounds good in theory, but it's very tricky to pull off. When do you decide a seat is unsold? Most people make plans way in advance, youth groups especially. How do you justify it to the guy who paid full price sitting next to a whole bunch of free kids?
No one makes plans way in advance because we don't get a game time until 6-14 days before the event. I would shocked if we have a measurable amount of game-day sales, people are giving tickets away on secondary market at game time for almost all games.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
To get kids and more family and more BUZZ at BDS

1. Before the game . Have computer geek gt students fly their micro drones in swarm formations. Best swarm displays / aerobatics gets to perform at Uga home game plus wins a fancy tech thing only geeks like and know what it is. Vote by App.
Teams to be crowd funded by regional Gtaa supporter.

2. At start of game have a larger BUZZ drone followed by 11 micro drones come out right over the ramblin wrek .
Then fly around a bit and then nest over south stands in SE corner .

3. During long commercial breaks or as part of td celebration, bring out micro drones to do aerobatic swarm in front of south enclosed box seats where big donors (the big donors sponsored the BUZZ drone and 11 micro drones program.)

Good for Ga tech brand and National TV v worthy.

4 Use BUZZ DRONE AND 11 at other events: Movie at BDS,
Baseball (uga),
Basketball (uga) ,
Recruiting all world nose guard.

We have Drone teams at Gt with Academic sponsors. This could be a part of a class.

IMO The fan that gtaa needs is a IPO geek who remembers being at bds before the game! Now they never come.

Oh well never going to happen.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
To get kids and more family and more BUZZ at BDS

1. Before the game . Have computer geek gt students fly their micro drones in swarm formations. Best swarm displays / aerobatics gets to perform at Uga home game plus wins a fancy tech thing only geeks like and know what it is. Vote by App.
Teams to be crowd funded by regional Gtaa supporter.

2. At start of game have a larger BUZZ drone followed by 11 micro drones come out right over the ramblin wrek .
Then fly around a bit and then nest over south stands in SE corner .

3. During long commercial breaks or as part of td celebration, bring out micro drones to do aerobatic swarm in front of south enclosed box seats where big donors (the big donors sponsored the BUZZ drone and 11 micro drones program.)

Good for Ga tech brand and National TV v worthy.

4 Use BUZZ DRONE AND 11 at other events: Movie at BDS,
Baseball (uga),
Basketball (uga) ,
Recruiting all world nose guard.

We have Drone teams at Gt with Academic sponsors. This could be a part of a class.

IMO The fan that gtaa needs is a IPO geek who remembers being at bds before the game! Now they never come.

Oh well never going to happen.

Great idea. Also the robots or any other cool geekish type of clubs that exist on campus.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
This is more of a long term solution. They should go back to the local ga towns of current players. And do a local pr campaign to get them to come watch them play. I became a GT fan because of Jerry Mays. I watched him play midget league - high school football with my oldest brother. We have great kids on the team and are great role models. It could be discounted tixs for games like Alcorn and maybe a meet and greet with said player.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
You tell him "sometimes grown ups have to pay full price, and kids don't. It's part of being a grown up"

I mean, I'm being a little bit jokey, but if you've got a fan that is mad that they paid to come to a game and a child got in free, that's a genuinely awful person, and not the kind of fan I would want.

As far as when do you decide a seat is unsold? It's a great question. I'd need to see some sort of distribution of when tickets are sold. I would want some critical mass, where if you get a late push, you have some tickets left. Maybe withhold 1000 for last minute walkups? I'd need better access to the data to make that decision, but it doesn't seem like a particularly complicated question. You decide what your acceptable risk of paying customers being seatless is, and you do the math.