How many teams...

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Youve gotta be smoking crack to think that the kids going to the factories bear much of a resemblance to the kids that are able to get into (and graduate from) Georgia Tech... CPJ himself noted that the kids at GT are like those he coached at USNA - and GT, as and institution, is a whole lot more like The USNA than it is like any of the factories...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I agree we will be in the bottom 1/4 of acc

A. and should be damn proud of it

Or

B. look to cut a deal with acc to let us out of acc so they can get usf. We can then convert BDS to high rise academic / business facility.

Or
C Lets DOUBLE DOWN on the "we are better than u because we loose to you with business majors and 2 engr student athletes" Lets really play only engineers so we can really say we are way better than u in our dignified loosing.

D. FIND A WAY TO WIN.

Jmonty71

Banned
are actually trying to play Big Boy college football with real college students? Not many. Perspective.
We lost to Duke and UVA. Both have athletes at or below our own talent value. Stanford doesn't seem to have the same issues. While some schools are football factories, not all schools are. I think GT's issues come from outdated schemes and some coaching egos. I think CPJ has become predictable. I think Roof is a walking cluster f*ck. It all trickles down from there.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I agree we will be in the bottom 1/4 of acc

A. and should be damn proud of it

Or

B. look to cut a deal with acc to let us out of acc so they can get usf. We can then convert BDS to high rise academic / business facility.

Or
C Lets DOUBLE DOWN on the "we are better than u because we loose to you with business majors and 2 engr student athletes" Lets really play only engineers so we can really say we are way better than u in our dignified loosing.

D. FIND A WAY TO WIN.

I wonder how many engineering majors could handle philosophy or psychology. I don't agree with the this major is harder than the other. That's relative.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly if I'm a college athlete and I get offered by GT and Stanford I'm 100% going to Stanford. GT may be a big academic name around the school and is pretty big overseas, but in the US Stanford is on another level. Not to mention you have more choices in majors besides business and engineering.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Aaaand this is why our fanbase is so small. The elitist attitude seems to get worse as the L's pile up.
It is not "elitist" to acknowledge what is a demonstrable fact... GT, which is a hard school to get into and harder to stay in, just lost to a factory team loaded with players who would not be able to get into GT and will likely not even leave Ugag with a degree...

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
Excuses imo. I get the argument. But the school needs to decide.

They already did years ago. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be what we are now. If you’re waiting for your invite to the mediocrity party from the Registrar’s office, you’re probably gonna be waiting a while...

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly if I'm a college athlete and I get offered by GT and Stanford I'm 100% going to Stanford. GT may be a big academic name around the school and is pretty big overseas, but in the US Stanford is on another level. Not to mention you have more choices in majors besides business and engineering.
I agree. Gt would be a close #2

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
How many schools keep making the same excuses, with indeed some of the same true facts, instead of saddling up and facing the challenges of being successful on a different level?

We never hear this crap after we win, just every damn time after losing. And losing to anybody.

GT is turning out weak minded snowflakes instead of achievers.

Brace the **** up, get involved more, and vow to get something done. Or crawl, wimper away and die like cowards.

If anyone is implying that there are ZERO players at top 20 ranked programs that can not get into GT - they are liars.

If they want to whine about “why would they want to come to GT?” crap - well that is what we are all talking about.

HIRE somebody who can recruit first, and give him the $ support to hire assistants.

And (1) stop the whining and excuse making, or (2) drop the sport.