How many games to you think the Jackets win in 2016?

TennesseeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Being the optimist that i try to be,here are my predictions for the 2016 Jackets

Boston College@ Dublin W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami L
@Pitt W
Georgia Southern W
Duke W
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech W
Virginia W
@Georgia L

I think GT surprises people out there going 8-4 and playing in the Belk Bowl against 7-5 Florida. What do y'all think?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Being the optimist that i try to be,here are my predictions for the 2016 Jackets

Boston College@ Dublin W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami L
@Pitt W
Georgia Southern W
Duke W
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech W
Virginia W
@Georgia L

I think GT surprises people out there going 8-4 and playing in the Belk Bowl against 7-5 Florida. What do y'all think?
I think you need to change the L against UGA to a W and the L against North Carolina, Miami, and Clemson.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Love the players and coaches but last year will be hard to overcome as there is a lot of film on how to beat the gt offense.

Must see" some " flashes of greatness in spring game and fall to (after last year where we lost all acc games except one by a miracle) be optimistic for any type of turn around.

Winning against the designated crummy team and seeeping mid level teams and loosing to all power 5 teams seems optimistic = 7-5. Beating uga and unc and dropping one mid level game would be miraculously great.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Boston College W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami L
@Pitt L
Georgia Southern W
Duke L
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech L
Virginia W
@Georgia L

5-7

OL not good again (shocking)
D doesn't improve and/or takes a step back
we will have 1-2 injuries everyone will use as the reason
no WR emerges as a big enough threat to matter to loosen the box
tougher schedule, teams are getting better like Duke, UNC, VT, Clemson, Pitt

Paul retains Sewak
Paul retains Roof
Paul fires the asst to the asst recruiting coordinator
Paul publicly blames the AA for the lack of resources
Paul publicly talks about a non aggressive D and fixing the OL (again)
Paul forgets he is the HBC and blames MBob

Mbob retains paul due to contract reasons (same ole story)

Paul approaches CCG levels in the fanbase with 2 losing seasons. GT slowly afterthought in local media as Smart builds a 9-10 win team.

OR

Boston College W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami W (only the third win over Richt in pauls life)
@Pitt W
Georgia Southern W
Duke W
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech L
Virginia W
@Georgia L

8-4

D doesn't improve but offense is much more efficient despite a poor OL to make up for a leaking roof; we are back to grind and ball control/ball security. Paul manages the clock and downs to help out a D he knows will never be good enough to rely on.
we will have 1-2 injuries everyone will use as the reason on D...despite what is really going on
A WR emerges as a good enough threat to matter to loosen the box

Paul retains Sewak
Paul retains Roof

Mbob retains paul as 8-4 and a bowl is the GT norm and totally acceptable for 10 straight years.

Paul is back to the GT norm, has another 50-60 ranked recruiting class coming in with not enough OL. Spring ball rolls around and we complain about the OL more and more again.

Sewak is out playing golf with Pastner, gets hit by a golf cart, significantly injures his back, has to retire as he can't stand with his big belly through a whole game on the sideline behind CPJ; staring and looking clueless repeating what paul says in some form of waterboy bayou jibberish as he rubs his nipples with two pencil erasers. Paul still wants to retain him because he is his scotch and stogie drinking buddy; but MBob forces him to move on. So Paul reluctantly does so, and builds a guest house behind his and names it Casa de Wak to retain his buddy.

Which scenario say you? I say it somewhere between the first record and the last paragraph?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
33 jacket, I laughed at your post. In either scenario, that is 3 losses in a row to UNC. A sign of the apocalypse imo.

we won like 7-8 in a row vs em at one point....historically, we don't play well up there. We stole a few from em, but we never play "well" up there; so its my reasoning.

TennesseeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Boston College W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami L
@Pitt L
Georgia Southern W
Duke L
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech L
Virginia W
@Georgia L

5-7

D doesn't improve and/or takes a step back
we will have 1-2 injuries everyone will use as the reason
no WR emerges as a big enough threat to matter to loosen the box
tougher schedule, teams are getting better like Duke, UNC, VT, Clemson, Pitt

Paul retains Sewak
Paul retains Roof

Mbob retains paul due to contract reasons (same ole story)

Paul approaches CCG levels in the fanbase with 2 losing seasons. GT slowly afterthought in local media as Smart builds a 9-10 win team.

OR

Boston College W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami W (only the third win over Richt in pauls life)
@Pitt W
Georgia Southern W
Duke W
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech L
Virginia W
@Georgia L

8-4

D doesn't improve but offense is much more efficient despite a poor OL to make up for a leaking roof; we are back to grind and ball control/ball security. Paul manages the clock and downs to help out a D he knows will never be good enough to rely on.
we will have 1-2 injuries everyone will use as the reason on D...despite what is really going on
A WR emerges as a good enough threat to matter to loosen the box

Paul retains Sewak
Paul retains Roof

Mbob retains paul as 8-4 and a bowl is the GT norm and totally acceptable for 10 straight years.

Paul is back to the GT norm, has another 50-60 ranked recruiting class coming in with not enough OL. Spring ball rolls around and we complain about the OL more and more again.

Sewak is out playing golf with Pastner, gets hit by a golf cart, significantly injures his back, has to retire as he can't stand with his big belly through a whole game on the sideline behind CPJ; staring and looking clueless repeating what paul says in some form of waterboy bayou jibberish as he rubs his nipples with two pencil erasers. Paul still wants to retain him because he is his scotch and stogie drinking buddy; but MBob forces him to move on. So Paul reluctantly does so, and builds a guest house behind his and names it Casa de Wak to retain his buddy.

Which scenario say you? I say it somewhere between the first record and the last paragraph?
If GT is 6-6 or worse do you think Paul Johnson will be coaching against Tennessee to open the 2017 season? I think he'll have a blazing hotseat if GT is worse than 7-5.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If GT is 6-6 or worse do you think Paul Johnson will be coaching against Tennessee to open the 2017 season? I think he'll have a blazing hotseat if GT is worse than 7-5.

oh gosh...if gt is 6-6 yes paul is back (contract). I think he is only gone if 3-9 4-8 again.....

His seat will be hot for sure at 6-6. 7-5 it will be pretty warm....And honestly, for a coach that just went 3-9 and every year we have similar issues at certain positions, and he made no changes, as the CEO MBob, Paul is now living and dying with that decision or lack of. If I am MBob and at the end of 2016 see another bad OL year...and we go 5-7 or 6-6, I may say change the OL situation or everyone is gone. Enough is enough its been 10 years of bad. We have had good OL players, and good kids and I personally think have underwhelmed for years and years as a unit. In fact, our best years feel like his earliest with Spencer around. So for me...it says coaching.

So many unknowns with this team. The logic says last year had alot more experience in the back 4, the OL and QB and sucked. This year, less on the OL, back 4, same QB and probably better AB/BB/WR play; but could be a drop off in the front 7 on D. Why with those tradeoffs should we expect much more than 4-8? Injuries, youth etc....so logically if a fan predicts 4-8 or 5-7 its hard to discount it.

By the same token, perhaps last year was a totally anomaly and predicting 8-4 or 9-3 is hard to argue with too.

This may be the biggest who the hell knows in the last 30 years of GT football.

Last edited:

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
BC in Dublin- W
Mercer- W
Vandy-W
Clemson-L But really could be a toss up. They never beat us at home and crazy things have happened at BDS at night.
Miami-W
@Pitt-L. First true road game against a great defensive minded HC
GSU-W
Duke-W
@UNC-L. Tough rd game against a team retuning everyone minus there QB.
@VT-W Ugly game. Foster always has an answer for us but I'm not sure how well there O will play this year under Fuente.
UVA-W
@ **** hole-W We seem to play the better there and by this point of the season they will have to many arrests and injuries to key players.
9-3 overall
5-3 ACC
Music City Bowl

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Boston College@ Dublin W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami L
@Pitt W
Georgia Southern W
Duke W
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech W
Virginia W
@Georgia L

Boston College@ Dublin W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami L
@Pitt W
Georgia Southern W
Duke W
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech W
Virginia W
@Georgia L

Possibly 8, more probably 7

TennesseeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
BC in Dublin- W
Mercer- W
Vandy-W
Clemson-L But really could be a toss up. They never beat us at home and crazy things have happened at BDS at night.
Miami-W
@Pitt-L. First true road game against a great defensive minded HC
GSU-W
Duke-W
@UNC-L. Tough rd game against a team retuning everyone minus there QB.
@VT-W Ugly game. Foster always has an answer for us but I'm not sure how well there O will play this year under Fuente.
UVA-W
@ **** hole-W We seem to play the better there and by this point of the season they will have to many arrests and injuries to key players.
9-3 overall
5-3 ACC
Music City Bowl
I would be dancing in the street here in Tennessee if GT were 9-3 and ranked in the top 25