How many games to you think the Jackets win in 2016?

Scubapro

Banned
Last year we were horrible...BUT we were within reach of winning each of our games except for Clem n son and Notre Dame. If and a BIG IF we get a few breaks and get marginally improved line play we will have a good season. My predictions:

Boston College@ Dublin W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L Gonna be tough to beat these guys BUT they havent won in Atlanta in years
Miami L Richt is an a hole an always seems to have our number
@Pitt W These pogues beat us on a miracle field goal...wont happen again
Georgia Southern W
Duke W if the officals let the Pukes O line hold all game this will be a long afternoon
@North Carolina W Tar Holes wont get a big comeback this time and they dont have their QB coming back
@Virginia Tech W Turkeys take a big step back with Fuente
Virginia W
@Georgia W Kirby the love bug wont be a savior for DaMutts ... I think he is Goff or Muschamp 2.0

TennesseeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Last year we were horrible...BUT we were within reach of winning each of our games except for Clem n son and Notre Dame. If and a BIG IF we get a few breaks and get marginally improved line play we will have a good season. My predictions:

Boston College@ Dublin W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L Gonna be tough to beat these guys BUT they havent won in Atlanta in years
Miami L Richt is an a hole an always seems to have our number
@Pitt W These pogues beat us on a miracle field goal...wont happen again
Georgia Southern W
Duke W if the officals let the Pukes O line hold all game this will be a long afternoon
@North Carolina W Tar Holes wont get a big comeback this time and they dont have their QB coming back
@Virginia Tech W Turkeys take a big step back with Fuente
Virginia W
@Georgia W Kirby the love bug wont be a savior for DaMutts ... I think he is Goff or Muschamp 2.0
It would be awesome to be in the ACCCG once again:cool:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
UNC and now UVA, Pitt upgraded coaching. If I were in their fanbases, I'd expect to beat GT. They're the flagships of their states (pace vpi psu).

Complaints about OL play every year is tiresome. Some of the loudest complaints (not in this thread) come from people who don't seem to understand our O, imo. I will be very surprised if our O is not once again top 20 in Off ppd v pwr5.

Our D? I don't know. Imo, we've underperformed our talent every year. I think we have some playmakers who might surprise.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I am thinking 7 or 8 games. I think we bounce back to respectability but I fear that the OL won't be good enough to take us much further than that. I think JT will have a much better season though.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Being the optimist that i try to be,here are my predictions for the 2016 Jackets

Boston College@ Dublin W
Mercer W
Vanderbilt W
Clemson L
Miami L
@Pitt W
Georgia Southern W
Duke W
@North Carolina L
@Virginia Tech W
Virginia W
@Georgia L

I think GT surprises people out there going 8-4 and playing in the Belk Bowl against 7-5 Florida. What do y'all think?
This team will go as far as the defense will take it. Replacing FSU and Notre Dame with Boston College and Vanderbilt is helpful. Georgia Southern has gone from being troublesome to manageable. I think we have a shot at Miami, Pitt, UNC, Virginia and Duke. Could possibly run the table on that bunch. Not likely, but could happen. I can see us being not that much better than last year but having a much better win loss record. I will say something along the lines of 7-5 or 8-4 If this team goes 9-3 or better Coach Johnson should be coach of the year. Beating BC to start the year will be critical Win that one and it just might set the tone. We will see.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I've been saying it for a few years now: 2017 can be a special year.

QB: JeT should be a wizard running our option with his 3+ years of experience. He'll return to be one of the top QBs in the ACC.

WRs: Jeune isn't Smelter or Demaryius, but he's VERY good. Stewart is solid and will be better. IF Philpott can stay healthy, he's the speed demon we've missed.

ABs: Should be a lot better this year. The fact that CPJ hasn't been b!tching about how they're making the same mistakes should tell you something. This unit will be a lot more athletic and skilled. Competition will eliminate a lot of the errors.

BBs: Probably the deepest we've been. Young, but a lot of talent here.

OLs: A little younger than we'd like, and some haven't developed as we thought, but I think it's been mostly overblown. I like Bryan to LG A LOT, and Burden will be ACC again. Shamire will have a big year. CPJ will play him until he's in shape.

LBs: Brant Mitchell looks like a stud in the making, and PJ will continue to rack up tackles now that he's fully healthy.

DT: Deepest we've been in the CPJ era. Gotsis will be missed, but the DTs will at least hold the LOS and defend the run. I expect Branch to move inside some to provide quickness and behind the LOS plays.

DE: Should be a banner year for this group. Lots of talent here. Also the deepest we've been in the CPJ era.

CB: Physically, they're the best group we've had. Very inexperienced though. Hopefully the DL will bring pressure and help them out.

S: AJ Gray is going to be a beast. Austin will be solid.

Miami, UGA, UNC, Clemson, and VT will be the games to watch. I think We can win Miami, UNC, and VT. Clemson will be an elite team, and UGA just has phenomenal athletes. I'll go 50/50 on the UGA game, and say Clemson is the game we have less than 50% chance of winning.

GT can win the Coastal in 2017.

TennesseeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan

QB: JeT should be a wizard running our option with his 3+ years of experience. He'll return to be one of the top QBs in the ACC.

WRs: Jeune isn't Smelter or Demaryius, but he's VERY good. Stewart is solid and will be better. IF Philpott can stay healthy, he's the speed demon we've missed.

ABs: Should be a lot better this year. The fact that CPJ hasn't been b!tching about how they're making the same mistakes should tell you something. This unit will be a lot more athletic and skilled. Competition will eliminate a lot of the errors.

OLs: A little younger than we'd like, and some haven't developed as we thought, but I think it's been mostly overblown. I like Bryan to LG A LOT, and Burden will be ACC again. Shamire will have a big year. CPJ will play him until he's in shape.

LBs: Brant Mitchell looks like a stud in the making, and PJ will continue to rack up tackles now that he's fully healthy.

DT: Deepest we've been in the CPJ era. Gotsis will be missed, but the DTs will at least hold the LOS and defend the run. I expect Branch to move inside some to provide quickness and behind the LOS plays.

DE: Should be a banner year for this group. Lots of talent here. Also the deepest we've been in the CPJ era.

CB: Physically, they're the best group we've had. Very inexperienced though. Hopefully the DL will bring pressure and help them out.

Miami, UGA, UNC, Clemson, and VT will be the games to watch. I think We can win Miami, UNC, and VT. Clemson will be an elite team, and UGA just has phenomenal athletes. I'll go 50/50 on the UGA game, and say Clemson is the game we have less than 50% chance of winning.

It wouldn't surprise me if GT pulled an upset and beat Tennessee in the new Falcons stadium to start 2017. GT will catch Tennessee having to replace their quarterback Dobbs and running backs Hurd and Kamara as well as five starters off of their 2016 defense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I am most concerned about pass defense.
These are the most worthless threads ever. Unless you're Nostradamus, of course.....

Wondering if u think our loss of 4 senior 15 DB will result in a major drop off in 16.
Its hard to find much fault with your analysis of the drop off of the offense from 14 to 15 being in large part due to loss of almost all of our senior ab, bb, and wr. IMO the defenses turned up the heat and exposed this weakness.

Will offenses sucessfully turn up heat on the young dbs? How will we do? What if we loose a good percentage of them to injury? Are we headed for major issues???

IMO we will do ok - after WE get some experience. Could get burned on some big plays during the process. But will finish strong.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow

JT is a Senior this year, 2016, right?

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Lol...another post where I forgot what year we were in.

I meant 2016...oops.
Not a problem. My problems with years is I generally go the other way. Thinking it 2015 and the like or seeing jersey numbers and instantly thinking there players from the past.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Imo this team looks like it could be the most talented in cpj era. The talent down the depth chart seems very good, and the best group overall on the D line and LB's. Secondary is physical like you said, and seems like a group of guys with high energy. On the offense the AB and BB position is young but deep, fast, and is a physical group as well. The WR'S are what I'm excited about they are big fast psychical guys who can hopefully dominate blocking on the outside but also stretch the field. O line is what I'm most worried about, they are young, but they still have some experience, if they can get healthy and Shamire shows out like he did in ACCCG we could turn out to have a very solid line though. Add all this with Jet and the exciting group of young guys behind him and we could have a very solid team for a while.