How many games to you think the Jackets win in 2016?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It won't take a miracle for us to have another Orange Bowl type season, just like it didn't take a miracle for us to fall to 3-9 last season. I won't bore you with another rant (don't worry 'Cuse). Flea 77 is right, you gotta believe you will win every time. That, and, you can only win them one at a time. Competition is one of God's gifts to mankind. Just work hard (players) and cheer hard (us) and enjoy the process for what it is.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think we have a lot of talent but we also have a lot of youth in spots. I like our chances though and I'm pumped about our potential.

No one on our schedule will take us lightly, 3-9 last year or not. I wish they would though.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
This team will go as far as the defense will take it. Replacing FSU and Notre Dame with Boston College and Vanderbilt is helpful. Georgia Southern has gone from being troublesome to manageable. I think we have a shot at Miami, Pitt, UNC, Virginia and Duke. Could possibly run the table on that bunch. Not likely, but could happen. I can see us being not that much better than last year but having a much better win loss record. I will say something along the lines of 7-5 or 8-4 If this team goes 9-3 or better Coach Johnson should be coach of the year. Beating BC to start the year will be critical Win that one and it just might set the tone. We will see.

"I think we have a shot at Miami, Pitt, UNC, Virginia, and Duke."

I think you are correct, and I am afraid that speaks volumes about how sad our expectations are as well as the state of our program. Thanks Dodd.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think we have a lot of talent but we also have a lot of youth in spots. I like our chances though and I'm pumped about our potential.

No one on our schedule will take us lightly, 3-9 last year or not. I wish they would though.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Nobody is giving us a shot this year......we'll win the coastal div.

Pretty much how it goes being a GT fan. We get hyped up, and 1991, 2010, and 2015 happen. No one gives us a chance and are hopes are not too high, we get 1990, 2008/2009, and 2014.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The one thing I'd disagree with in most of these projections is the loss to UNC. Reason = no more Marquis Williams. They'll be a shadow of their 2015 selves without him. I see no reason to think that it won't be a hard fought game and I see no reason why we won't win it.

I think probably 7 - 8 wins, depending on how the O develops. We have the talent to beat every team on this schedule, especially with Cottrell back. Whether we will or not is up to the Fates. And finding somebody who can smash up the middle at BB.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Pretty much how it goes being a GT fan. We get hyped up, and 1991, 2010, and 2015 happen. No one gives us a chance and are hopes are not too high, we get 1990, 2008/2009, and 2014.

Not to nit-pick, but '90 was not a surprise. We ran off 7 0r 8 in a row (iirc) to end the season before and looked like a talented, athletic, physical and well coached FB - on O,D, and ST. And everybody was coming back in '90. Ken Swilling said the team's goal was to be undefeated - and, while people say that every year, we drank that koolaid without our usual "Tech fan" skepticism. Looking back at our "natty" cycle, we are about due for another one. I'd be ok with it being this year. it would be a bigger surprise than the last one.

TennesseeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Not to nit-pick, but '90 was not a surprise. We ran off 7 0r 8 in a row (iirc) to end the season before and looked like a talented, athletic, physical and well coached FB - on O,D, and ST. And everybody was coming back in '90. Ken Swilling said the team's goal was to be undefeated - and, while people say that every year, we drank that koolaid without our usual "Tech fan" skepticism. Looking back at our "natty" cycle, we are about due for another one. I'd be ok with it being this year. it would be a bigger surprise than the last one.
I was expecting 8-9 wins in 1990 for Georgia Tech after the strong finish in 1989. The 11 win season didn't surprise me that much. However the 8 win 1991 season surprised me a lot.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Duke graduated a lot and will be down this season. They will be lucky to be 6-6
I did not know that. Nonetheless, this is a team that down through the years has been nothing but trouble at times and a near cupcake at other times. They are especially a handful in Durham. We almost never play well there. We play in Atlanta this year, is that right? Looking better all the time. Take it one day at a time, one game at a time, finish the drill and let the chips fall where they may.

TennesseeJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I did not know that. Nonetheless, this is a team that down through the years has been nothing but trouble at times and a near cupcake at other times. They are especially a handful in Durham. We almost never play well there. We play in Atlanta this year, is that right? Looking better all the time. Take it one day at a time, one game at a time, finish the drill and let the chips fall where they may.
Knowing how good a Coach that David Cutcliffe is,he'll probably have them at least 7-5 this season. He does perform miracles at Duke. Teams can never overlook Duke because they will send you away with a loss if you do.