How many games do y'all think GT wins the rest of the season after watch the UT game last night?

After Watching The Game Again Tennessee How Many Games Do You This Georgia Tech wins This Season?

Votes: 3 1.6%

Votes: 29 15.4%

Votes: 44 23.4%

Votes: 70 37.2%

Votes: 29 15.4%

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters

DenverJacket56

Georgia Tech Fan
That defense is not winning nine games. UT has one of the three or four worst offenses we will see.

Agreed. UT offense was terrible and we couldn't stop them. Easy to say if we don't fumble we would have won, but we can always expect a fumble or two per game. I'm overall more disappointed in Gray and Freeman. Looked very average and did not perform up to the level of competition. Our safeties looked slow compared to UT's. We have an average defense which will require our offense to score 35 a game if we expect to win.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. UT offense was terrible and we couldn't stop them. Easy to say if we don't fumble we would have won, but we can always expect a fumble or two per game. I'm overall more disappointed in Gray and Freeman. Looked very average and did not perform up to the level of competition. Our safeties looked slow compared to UT's. We have an average defense which will require our offense to score 35 a game if we expect to win.
Their quarterbacks were very inexperienced and their offense will get better as the season goes along. I think they beat UGAG in Knoxville this season. I could see a possible rematch between an 8-9 win Tennessee team and an 8-9 win GT game in the Taxslayer or Belk Bowls.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
An average defense should be enough while running up 600 yards of offense. Give the Vols some credit for making the adjustments to find our weaknesses on defense. The other team has a say in the outcome and their team did what they had to do when it counted most.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Looks like six wins from here. Tennessee is a terrible team with several players out. This loss will linger. There are five teams in our division that are better than Tennessee.

I don't know that I would call them "terrible". They have plenty of talent scattered around. They always do. Trouble is, like UNC, Texas, and several others they seemingly always manage to do less with more. There is something going on in that program but we will never know until Butch is gone which may be pretty soon.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Last week I was pretty confident that I would be able to answer this question after watching the game. Unfortunately, I saw a team that was capable of winning lose. I did not see a team that was still missing assignments and so they lost. I did not see a team that was getting man-handled by superior talent and so lost. I saw a team that showed that they were the better team but still lost.

I have no idea how you project winning from a team like this. If it doesn't win the games in which it's performing better than the other team, how can you be confident that they'll win any games? Poll fail for setting the minimum at 6. I was more optimistic after ND 2015. In that game, I knew that we had fixable problems (I was wrong that we'd fix them).

Tennessee is not the best offense we will face. They are certainly not the best D we will face. We need to decide that this can't happen again.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The skill of the kickers on ST is as significant as the QB on offense. They put points on the board and prevent run backs/field position on kickoff. They are the most important position on ST. Our punter looks like a lot of potential.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we beat Miami and Uga, but playing 3 games in 13 days may catch up with us. UCF could give us a surprise. But no losses at BDS/HGF. So that will leave a loss at Clemson and another road game.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'd be shocked if they do. If so, the SEC East is easily the worst division in college football. (Notwithstanding two wins this past weekend over the ACC, both of which were like our game).
I think Florida wins the SEC East with an 8-4 record and a 6-2 SEC record while Tennessee and Georgia are tied for 2nd in the SEC East. I think Tennessee goes 9-3 and 5-3 in the SEC and Georgia goes 7-5 and 5-3 in the SEC.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
We will win any game that does not take a FG at the end of the game. So I'll say 9 wins.

Or in which the other team takes possession at their own 25 or inside after we kick off, which could reduce our number of wins considerably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk