How many games do y'all think GT wins the rest of the season after watch the UT game last night?

After Watching The Game Again Tennessee How Many Games Do You This Georgia Tech wins This Season?

Votes: 3 1.6%

Votes: 29 15.4%

Votes: 44 23.4%

Votes: 70 37.2%

Votes: 29 15.4%

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'd say 9. As to the remaining opponents I was worried about:

Pitt? Puleeze. They obviously have offensive problems.

UNC? Double Puleeze. Unless they start smuggling .45s on to the field when they're on D, they aren't going top stop anybody.

Miami? It's away and they have a great back in Walton. But … Bethune Cookman had 20 first downs on them and held the ball 10 minutes longer then they did. I'm not as afraid of this game as I was.

Clemson? Well, yes, I'd say we'll probably lose this one, but you never can tell. If the D matures some and we find a place kicker, this could be a character builder for both teams.

The Turkies? West By God Virginia had 592 yards of total offense against these people. I watched the game and I bet we have about as much. Another I am now less worried about.

Ugag? Oh, I'm looking forward to this. If they thought they got slammed in 2014, they haven't seen anything yet.

But what about Wake, Duke, UCF, and UVA? I think the team I saw last night, as it matures, beats all these people. But, of course, we need to keep improving. We'll see about that.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
8-9 would be my pick depending on fluke plays in coinflip games

JSU - Win biggest worry is injuries on very short rest
UCF - Win
Pitt- Win Look like a different team on offense without Canada and has never stopped our O
UNC- Win - too much lost of their team
Miami - Coinflip - If we didn't spot them 14 points last year the game was even
Wake - Win Though I think they'll play us tougher than a lot of us will like
Clemson - Loss unless something crazy happens
UVA- Win - Though I want to say coinflip because of Charlottesville juju
VT- Coinflip - West Virginia showed they have issues in the mdidle and on the deep ball
Duke - Win
UGA- Coinflip - Their oline still has issues and two of Fromm's big throws should've been picks or knocked down, not sure about defense App State ran a lot of slow developing plays.

Our offense usually gets into stride around game 3 and the D usually gets a little better as the year goes on. We we're without Lynch last night and still had no issues moving up and down the field. Proud of our guys they came out and fought, and should only get better.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I'd say 8 or 9 if we could kick field goals dependably. Feel like we are going to win 6 or so because of the mistakes
I know it's the morning after a tough loss, but I have no idea how people can look at that team we put out there that physically dominated a UT that's very talented, with QB/BB in their first games starting, and think we only win 6. We should improve in all facets over the season, and if this is our starting point for offense we should roll through the division. We win 10 this year, if not more.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think ST will cost us another game or two. Hell, we won 1-2 with ST every year Butker was here.

The Big12 teams win 10-11 games with no D and little thought to ST. Why can't we?

Jmonty71

Banned
Here is my outlook for the rest of the season

JSU - Easiest win of the season. Starters get pulled all 2nd half. 56-21
UCF - Win. UCF does not look great. 31-24
Pitt- Win. Pitt lost a lot of talent and just had to go into OT with a FCS school. 28-21
UNC- Barely.. Win. I see a shootout. Neither team ever heard the word "defense" 55-48
Miami - Lose... UM has too much speed. They will not score a lot, but with their quick D, it give us fits. 21-27
Wake - Win. I think we show our muscle and run past the Deacs.. 41-33
Clemson - Lose. I don't know if we'll even score.. But, I'm sure we will. 10-33
UVA- Win - UVA is our second easiest win. 44-17
VT- Lose. VT is too good on the D and their O isn't half bad. It will be close, though. 24-27
Duke - Win. Not much to say. It's Duke.. 34-28
UGA- Lose... UGA has a stable of RBs and I can't say we'll stop them. We'll score points. just not enough UGA big... (I'm afraid) 35-48

I think our D ranks in the 80s to 90 in the FEI rankings, come end of year. I think our O ranks in the top 20 in the FEI rankings. So, it's not all bad. We just need to play inept offenses and we'll be ok.

I am giving JSU 21, based on us playing 2nd and 3rd string.
UVA will probably be our best defensive game. Because UVA has an inept offense.

Just my long range predictions.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I know it's the morning after a tough loss, but I have no idea how people can look at that team we put out there that physically dominated a UT that's very talented, with QB/BB in their first games starting, and think we only win 6. We should improve in all facets over the season, and if this is our starting point for offense we should roll through the division. We win 10 this year, if not more.
Because by the nature of things a lot of our games are going to be close. We had 4 games decided by 1 possession last year. Poor special teams costs you in close games. If we can't consistently kick field goals and the others team's average starting field position is their 40 you better believe it is going to cause us problems

Like I said, tough breaks can put us anywhere from like 6 to 9 wins imo. We have already cost us 1 close game. 2015 we only won 1 close game. It's very easy to swing a season record in a sample size of 12 games if you blow the close ones

Last edited:

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Because by the nature of things a lot of our games are going to be close. We had 4 games decided by 1 possession last year. Poor special teams costs you in close games. If we can't consistently kick field goals and the others team's average starting field position is their 40 you better believe it is going to cause us problems
Oh we absolutely need to get better on STs, but I believe we will. I hope King is able to take the job instead of just inheriting it by default. Also, I think we'll see more 2deep players make the coverage units to try and improve those teams. Factor in a little improvement on O at QB/BB and the return of big play Clinton Lynch, and we're not going to be in many 1 possession games. If the offense doesn't make those first game errors last night, we win going away and STs never even become an issue. That's what I expect to see more of this year.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Oh we absolutely need to get better on STs, but I believe we will. I hope King is able to take the job instead of just inheriting it by default. Also, I think we'll see more 2deep players make the coverage units to try and improve those teams. Factor in a little improvement on O at QB/BB and the return of big play Clinton Lynch, and we're not going to be in many 1 possession games. If the offense doesn't make those first game errors last night, we win going away and STs never even become an issue. That's what I expect to see more of this year.
Well I can agree with hoping to see more of that too. I would love to win the next 11 games by double digits. especially game 12 :)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

UCF - Win. UCF does not look great. 31-24
Pitt- Win. Pitt lost a lot of talent and just had to go into OT with a FCS school. 28-21
UNC- Barely.. Win. I see a shootout. Neither team ever heard the word "defense" 55-48
Miami - Lose... UM has too much speed. They will not score a lot, but with their quick D, it give us fits. 21-27
Wake - Win. I think we show our muscle and run past the Deacs.. 41-33
Clemson - Lose. I don't know if we'll even score.. But, I'm sure we will. 10-33
UVA- Win - UVA is our second easiest win. 44-17
VT- Lose. VT is too good on the D and their O isn't half bad. It will be close, though. 24-27
Duke - Win. Not much to say. It's Duke.. 34-28
UGA- Lose... UGA has a stable of RBs and I can't say we'll stop them. We'll score points. just not enough UGA big... (I'm afraid) 35-48

I think our D ranks in the 80s to 90 in the FEI rankings, come end of year. I think our O ranks in the top 20 in the FEI rankings. So, it's not all bad. We just need to play inept offenses and we'll be ok.

I am giving JSU 21, based on us playing 2nd and 3rd string.
UVA will probably be our best defensive game. Because UVA has an inept offense.

Just my long range predictions.
Agree with your wins, but disagree with your losses. Miami, VT, and UGA could easily be toss-ups, but I don't think there's any way we lose all 3. I don't believe a speedy, quick defense is going to be the type that gives us as much trouble this year because our outside blocking (mainly thinking ABs, but WRs and KirVonte all had excellent games without the rock so don't want to exclude them) is looking very solid, and those guys are much better able to get a hat on LBs & Ss on the second level. The old "sit a MLB 7 yards off the ball and have him track down the play" doesn't work so well when you have ABs coming across to either cut you down or blow by you down the seam. Miami looked pretty good against a terribly overmatched FCS team, but that proves literally nothing. VT looked pretty good against a decent WV team, but they didn't blow me away. Same for UGA, they looked okay against App State, but that's as far as I'd go with them. If we play like we did last night against those guys and can clean up some of our mistakes, we would blow them out. And Clemson? After watching our offense I believe we're at the level now with our line and outside blocking that their talent advantage can be overcome, but their offense vs our defense tilts it in their favor. We'd need a great game (as to be expected going against the defending national champ), but it's not too far fetched that we could pull it out. I firmly believe we'll win the division and get a shot at greatness this year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

You lost me right there. Jacksonville State got to the I-AA playoffs last year, and played Auburn VERY tough a couple of years ago. I expect us to win but think it will be a tougher game than many expect. Say, 31-13 with us pulling away in the late 3rd and 4th qtr with 3 TD's.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
How many games will you win is the standard question in week 2 for football fans after a week 1 loss. You're probably like me, losing last night feels like the end of the world. However, let's be realistic, it's not!

How we do the remainder of the season depends on how coaches responded in the locker room last night after the loss. It's simple really. If TM pitches the ball at the end, we win. If CPJ doesn't go for 2 we may have won. If we don't have a blocked kick, we would've won. If JJ Green didn't fumble, we would've put the game away. Notice what all of these are... pointing the finger.

Let's spin it this way: TM had a record breaking evening and showed he can lead a team. Benson was a beast, and I didn't miss Mills at all. CPJ made great calls all night long. The blocking was good considering it was game 1. We had 600 plus yards of offense (mic drop). Our defense made 4 straight stops on 3rd down to start the game, we ranked 126th last year.

If the coaches spun the ladder, we are a 10 win team and playing for an ACC title. If coaches talked the first way, we are a 6 win team and will have a new defensive coach next year.

All in all, let's stay behind our Jackets. Honestly speaking, I miss Justin Thomas, but what TM did against an SEC defense with his first big boy start was phenomenal. Lastly, we looked good on national tv last night and people can call it a high school offense. But how long did UT have to prepare and we put 600+ on them...

Say it with me... 10 wins. Again, 10 wins.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Before Postseason… 8. #9 Should’ve been last night. JSU, UCF, Pitt, Wake, UVA, & Duke should all be W’s. Think we’ll go 2-3 between UNC, Miami, Clemson, VT, & uga.

UNC = Hopefully a win but only by outscoring them.
@Miami = Appears to be right before midterms? That’s an autoloss if so. Wake actually scares me some if that is midterm week.
@Clemson = most likely an L
VT = Hopefully a W but who knows with Bud Foster there
Uga = At home usually just seems to go the wrong direction. I think we’ve been the better team the past 4 years and are only 2-2

I do agree with some here that Tennessee is not a very good team. They survived many ugly games last year where they pulled something out of their *** just like they did last night. Sucks to be another check on that list for them.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Before Postseason… 8. #9 Should’ve been last night. JSU, UCF, Pitt, Wake, UVA, & Duke should all be W’s. Think we’ll go 2-3 between UNC, Miami, Clemson, VT, & uga.

UNC = Hopefully a win but only by outscoring them.
@Miami = Appears to be right before midterms? That’s an autoloss if so. Wake actually scares me some if that is midterm week.
@Clemson = most likely an L
VT = Hopefully a W but who knows with Bud Foster there
Uga = At home usually just seems to go the wrong direction. I think we’ve been the better team the past 4 years and are only 2-2

I do agree with some here that Tennessee is not a very good team. They survived many ugly games last year where they pulled something out of their *** just like they did last night. Sucks to be another check on that list for them.
The Wake Forest game is October 21st.