How does this next period rate

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
We just had an example of that not being true. We couldn't get that kid in who (D lineman) wound up at UNC and got the fumble in our game earlier this year.

That changed after Gnonkonde's class. 56 Jacket is correct. The last Cycle and this one Paul can take whoever he wants. It's his responsibility for grad rates so he's been given that freedom. Now obviously common sense dictates we can't just take any idiot (ex. Jasper Sanks) but we have a much larger pool of kids to choose from now.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
That changed after Gnonkonde's class. 56 Jacket is correct. The last Cycle and this one Paul can take whoever he wants. It's his responsibility for grad rates so he's been given that freedom. Now obviously common sense dictates we can't just take any idiot (ex. Jasper Sanks) but we have a much larger pool of kids to choose from now.

Well, OK then. That would help explain what appears to be a pretty decent freshman class last year. If we continue to recruit at that level, maybe we'll climb out of this mess in a year or two (max). If we are still mired in the muck in 2 more years, CPJ will have had his shot, imho.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I bet if we schedule tulane, wofford, and GA southern every year we will win 9 more often!

LOL, this is real funny. I wonder how long it took you to think that up. Ha Ha Ha. I can't stop laughing about how clever this is. whoo hoo, you are so funny. whooo.

I'm guessing that you've been storing that one up, because last year we won 10 regular season games beating Clemson and georgie, and beat Miss St in the orange bowl. But, apparently you think that was just luck. No good coaching there. Just luck. CPJ was named the ACC coach of they year 3 times in 7 years, but that's just dumb luck too.

You don't post here often. Fans of GT, even those who don't like CPJ were participating on the forum last year enjoying our success, but I don't remember seeing much of you. I don't know if this is Nate Stimson, but I would expect him to be a fan of GT. I was a big fan of Nate Stimson the GT football player, but I'm thinking the man is pretty disappointing.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Just facts. Nothing hysterical about any of that.

Wrong on both counts sir. Describing an 11 win season as a polished turd is an opinion and not a fact. It made me literally laugh out loud....so it was hysterical to me.

Detractors can not in fairness discount the good seasons any more than proponents can discount our less pleasing records or what we end on this year.

An analysis of all of the above, why we won some years more than others, some games and not others....requires more thought than than a "well I'm not happy with not winning more" argument.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
Wrong on both counts sir. Describing an 11 win season as a polished turd is an opinion and not a fact. It made me literally laugh out loud....so it was hysterical to me.

Detractors can not in fairness discount the good seasons any more than proponents can discount our less pleasing records or what we end on this year.

An analysis of all of the above, why we won some years more than others, some games and not others....requires more thought than than a "well I'm not happy with not winning more" argument.

Lighten up Francis and breakout your reading comprehension skills. The "just facts" statement was in reference to the record since 2010. One good season in the midst of four .500ish seasons and now a total collapse in what will most likely end up as a 3-9 season is IN MY OPINION a polished turd when looking at the OVERALL program since 2010. As I also stated 2014 was a great year so I'm not discounting that. Anytime we beat ugag it makes a good season great but this is more about the overall big picture. I'm not gonna write a novel on this board arguing all off the problems with the football team in all 3 phases of the game. Anyone who knows anything about football can see it plain as day and some of those problems have been there since 2008.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL, this is real funny. I wonder how long it took you to think that up. Ha Ha Ha. I can't stop laughing about how clever this is. whoo hoo, you are so funny. whooo.

I'm guessing that you've been storing that one up, because last year we won 10 regular season games beating Clemson and georgie, and beat Miss St in the orange bowl. But, apparently you think that was just luck. No good coaching there. Just luck. CPJ was named the ACC coach of they year 3 times in 7 years, but that's just dumb luck too.

You don't post here often. Fans of GT, even those who don't like CPJ were participating on the forum last year enjoying our success, but I don't remember seeing much of you. I don't know if this is Nate Stimson, but I would expect him to be a fan of GT. I was a big fan of Nate Stimson the GT football player, but I'm thinking the man is pretty disappointing.

LMAO! That is Nate and I'm sure he appreciates your concern and disappointment regarding his manhood and character. You should introduce yourself to him at the next home game and express your concerns to him in person. I'm sure it would mean a lot to him. With it being the ugag game that would be a fantastic time to express your disappointment since he is usually in a great mood when we play the dwags. (y)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
LMAO! That is Nate and I'm sure he appreciates your concern and disappointment regarding his manhood and character. You should introduce yourself to him at the next home game and express your concerns to him in person. I'm sure it would mean a lot to him. With it being the ugag game that would be a fantastic time to express your disappointment since he is usually in a great mood when we play the dwags. (y)

You know who else avoids GT fan forums when they're winning but jumps in to piss on the program when things go bad? A dwag troll.

I think Nate and some others have lost perspective. I'm sure they think they're still for GT, but when you can't rejoice in success, facts is facts.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
You know who else avoids GT fan forums when they're winning but jumps in to piss on the program when things go bad? A dwag troll.

I think Nate and some others have lost perspective. I'm sure they think they're still for GT, but when you can't rejoice in success, facts is facts.

Paul Johnson just clinched his fourth losing season in six years against FBS competition. His win % against FBS since he has been here is 55.7% Since he started playing with his recruits-and not Gailey's-- in 2010, his record against FBS is competition is exactly ,500. He has 2 losing seasons in 8 years even with FCS thrown in, the only two losing seasons since O'Leary cleaned up the Lewis mess.

By comparison, Gailey's win % against FBS was 55.4% at GT. He never had a losing season against FBS. Paul Johnson has padded his record with 9 FCS teams in 8 years. Gailey only played 3 FCS teams in six years.

So I ask you: What success, and who has lost perspective? Facts is facts as you say. I 'll debate the facts with anyone. The facts make it clear---Johnson is a mediocre FBS coach.

Nate and I and others think Ga Tech can do better. Any true Ga Tech fan would. There are lots of Paul Johnson fan posters here, but I am not sure how many true GT fans there are. No true Tech Man is happy with mediocrity.

The poster who called Nate's perspective "disappointing" must be a Georgia fan. No true GT fan would ridicule a poster for being sick of mediocrity.

Johnson has had one good year with his recruits in six years. I've been watching GT for 45 years, and last year's team was the luckiest team I have ever seen. This year is back to the reality of Johnson as a coach. And it is pretty--pretty mediocre.

Who was the poster that said Johnson has been an upgrade? What facts support that conclusion? Upgrade in salary maybe, since he makes almost 3 times as much as Gailey for mediocre results. However, that $9 million guarantee that remains on his contract means that we will have to suffer with the mediocrity for awhile--but we don't, as you say, have to "rejoice"in it.

I wish that Homer Rice would stay in Atlanta after last night's game, and that Bobinski would go back to ND.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Paul Johnson just clinched his fourth losing season in six years against FBS competition. His win % against FBS since he has been here is 55.7% Since he started playing with his recruits-and not Gailey's-- in 2010, his record against FBS is competition is exactly ,500. He has 2 losing seasons in 8 years even with FCS thrown in, the only two losing seasons since O'Leary cleaned up the Lewis mess.

By comparison, Gailey's win % against FBS was 55.4% at GT. He never had a losing season against FBS. Paul Johnson has padded his record with 9 FCS teams in 8 years. Gailey only played 3 FCS teams in six years.

So I ask you: What success, and who has lost perspective? Facts is facts as you say. I 'll debate the facts with anyone. The facts make it clear---Johnson is a mediocre FBS coach.

Nate and I and others think Ga Tech can do better. Any true Ga Tech fan would. There are lots of Paul Johnson fan posters here, but I am not sure how many true GT fans there are. No true Tech Man is happy with mediocrity.

The poster who called Nate's perspective "disappointing" must be a Georgia fan. No true GT fan would ridicule a poster for being sick of mediocrity.

Johnson has had one good year with his recruits in six years. I've been watching GT for 45 years, and last year's team was the luckiest team I have ever seen. This year is back to the reality of Johnson as a coach. And it is pretty--pretty mediocre.

Who was the poster that said Johnson has been an upgrade? What facts support that conclusion? Upgrade in salary maybe, since he makes almost 3 times as much as Gailey for mediocre results. However, that $9 million guarantee that remains on his contract means that we will have to suffer with the mediocrity for awhile--but we don't, as you say, have to "rejoice"in it.

I wish that Homer Rice would stay in Atlanta after last night's game, and that Bobinski would go back to ND.

People have responded to most of these points repeatedly. The fact that you keep repeating them without taking into account these responses suggests that you are trolling.

This forum--@John and @CuseJacket etc--are much more tolerant than I would be.

This is an NCAA football forum where we discuss an actual game in the real world not some video game where the players don't take tests and don't get tight.

I understand that you were hired by a georgie fan to troll us. However, your schtick got old last year, and only the stupid or deranged will bite. What really worries me is that you might believe it yourself.