How bout them Dawgs

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
GT needs to stop the insanity. Either compete on a level playing field with other universities regarding things like academic restrictions, or accept that we simply are not in the same league as the Power 5 most of the time and be satisfied with participation trophies (aka minor bowl games).

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
GT needs to stop the insanity. Either compete on a level playing field with other universities regarding things like academic restrictions, or accept that we simply are not in the same league as the Power 5 most of the time and be satisfied with participation trophies (aka minor bowl games).

But that's what makes it so fun when GT occasionally beats the big boys, right? It just means more.

Did they tear up our field after the win last year? I left with a minute or two on the clock. I heard they didn’t. I think if they didn’t mess up BDS, maybe we shouldn’t tear up their hedges when we beat them this year. We should go in like we own the place and we wouldn’t tear up our own hedges. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They cut the damn hedges back every year anyway, so what's wrong with giving them a little head start on doing that? :devil:

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
They cut the damn hedges back every year anyway, so what's wrong with giving them a little head start on doing that? :devil:

I see your point. I think it might be a great feeling to leave the field like we planned on beating them instead of acting like we just won the lottery.

I feel like some our teams in the past looked a little bit tentative in big games (not just UGA), even when I knew that we were the better team. Stiffness leads to mistakes. I totally get being nervous but I want to see the guys get some swagger. They should always be proud and confident, they are Yellow Jackets and come from a long history of winning on and off the field.

I see your point. I think it might be a great feeling to leave the field like we planned on beating them instead of acting like we just won the lottery.

I feel like some our teams in the past looked a little bit tentative in big games (not just UGA), even when I knew that we were the better team. Stiffness leads to mistakes. I totally get being nervous but I want to see the guys get some swagger. They should always be proud and confident, they are Yellow Jackets and come from a long history of winning on and off the field.

It should be noted that it is the mutts who actually dug up pieces of the turf at Grant Field. That is far more egregious than pulling branches off a soon-to-be-pruned hedge.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It should be noted that it is the mutts who actually dug up pieces of the turf at Grant Field. That is far more egregious than pulling branches off a soon-to-be-pruned hedge.

Yes, that’s why I asked if they did anything last year. I heard that they didn’t but I know they have in the past.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Did they tear up our field after the win last year? I left with a minute or two on the clock. I heard they didn’t. I think if they didn’t mess up BDS, maybe we shouldn’t tear up their hedges when we beat them this year. We should go in like we own the place and we wouldn’t tear up our own hedges. [emoji41]

But....we do own the hedges....so we can piss on em if we want to :D