How bout them Dawgs

GTFLETCH

Banned
Ranking CFB's easiest nonconference schedules
link
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...wisconsin-badgers-teams-easiest-nonconference

# 9. Georgia

Sept. 1 vs. Austin Peay, Sept. 15 vs. Middle Tennessee, Nov. 17 vs. UMass, Nov. 24 vs. Georgia Tech

On its way to an SEC championship and appearance in the national title game last season, Georgia played two nonconference games against Power 5 opponents, both on the road. But Notre Dame comes off the schedule this season, and Kirby Smart's club won't have to leave Sanford Stadium for any of its four games out of conference.

Georgia Tech is a rivalry game, and the Yellow Jackets have won each of their past two trips to Athens. Even so, this is a nonconference slate tailor-made for the Dawgs to be 4-0.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
i remember a post of average bds attendance by game.

Clemson, miami, uga had way higher attendance.

i wonder what the players would say to adding tougher games for one of the cream puffs (alcorn,st). Sure we run up numbers, but do they really help us prepare for clem, mia, uga?

Our first (recent) good recruiting class i m o was 14 . The next year w had n d and fsu on schedule.

imo we would get better players with a tougher schedule however adding n d and f s u in same year is a bit much!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
i remember a post of average bds attendance by game.

Clemson, miami, uga had way higher attendance.

i wonder what the players would say to adding tougher games for one of the cream puffs (alcorn,st). Sure we run up numbers, but do they really help us prepare for clem, mia, uga?

Our first (recent) good recruiting class i m o was 14 . The next year w had n d and fsu on schedule.

imo we would get better players with a tougher schedule however adding n d and f s u in same year is a bit much!
They absolutely help the preparation.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
They absolutely help the preparation.

Of course they help" some." i was thinking playing a little higher team would help more.

At 2015 ND pregame -gt coach said to me - " afraid that tulane laying down did not help- as these young are about to be hit in face by grown men." ( remember the long td run by our back up qb when tulane had 9 men on field). Based on 14 and 15 first 2 games, fans for nd thought we would run them off the field.

i worry we get over confident, but w red shirt rule you could be right if we play the promising freshmen and sit our backups

Deleted member 2897

So ugag has an easy ooc schedule, in part, because it includes us.

We have a tough ooc schedule, in part, because it includes ugag.

And we have people thinking this is a reason to ridicule ugag?

And this is the way people are taught to think witha a GT education today - brilliant.

No, you misread the article and the interpretations.

The article says we should lose. Are you telling me we should be predicted by the pundits to win @ Athens? I mean you're crazy if you think so. Now having said that, the article pointed out they haven't beaten us at home since 2012. They article said they should go 4-0 OOC and Georgia Tech was the only possible road bump.

We play about 2x the number of 8 wins teams that they do every year. That's absolutely a reason to ridicule them. And their graduation rate. And their arrest rate. They've sold their soul to win football games, we have not. So its absolutely appropriate to make fun of the fact that even with an easy schedule they still struggle to beat us and still can't win a natty and haven't even finished ranked but 3 of the last 5 years.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
But look at Bammers OOC, Louisville, Citidal, Louisiana and Arkansas State? I mean how can people say that the SEC is the best conference? With the way they stack the OOC, they should only lose each other. Thank goodness for the Saturday after Thanksgiving when the ACC shows everyone that the SEC, or SunBelt with more students, is overrated for the most part.

(For 2018 there are 70 P5 and 60 Group of 5 so I know the math isn't perfect right now but there are a couple of teams moving into Group of 5 in the next 2-3 years)All P5 should play 1 Group of 5 and 1 FCS to go along with 2 P5 teams. Group of 5 are limited to only one P5 game a year. Independents, join a conference, get over yourself. If no conference wants you, here's a hint; you bring nothing to the table. Drop football or drop divisions. See how easy that was?

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Tech OOC games the past decade, this year, and next year (P5 or similar opponents):
2008: Mississippi State/Georgia
2009: Mississippi State/Georgia
2010: Kansas/Georgia
2011: Kansas/Georgia
2012: BYU/Georgia
2013: BYU/Georgia
2014: Georgia
2015: Notre Dame/Georgia
2016: Vandy/Georgia
2017: Tennessee/Georgia
2018: Georgia
2019: Georgia

Georgia
2008: Arizona State/GT
2009: Arizona State/Oklahoma State/GT
2010: Colorado/GT
2011: Boise State/GT
2012: GT
2013: Clemson/GT
2014: Clemson/GT
2015: GT
2016: North Carolina/GT
2017: Notre Dame/GT
2018: GT
2019: Notre Dame/GT

Seems comparable. Both teams have a few years where they were each other's only OOC game against a major opponent. No, I don't count Tulane, South Florida, or Georgia Southern, etc. A major oppenent is a team from a P5 conference, BYU, Boise State, or Notre Dame.

Guess it depends who you think is a tougher group: Miss State, Kansas, BYU, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Vandy, Georgia OR Oklahoma State, Arizona State, Colorado, Boise State, Clemson, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech.

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
But look at Bammers OOC, Louisville, Citidal, Louisiana and Arkansas State? I mean how can people say that the SEC is the best conference? With the way they stack the OOC, they should only lose each other. Thank goodness for the Saturday after Thanksgiving when the ACC shows everyone that the SEC, or SunBelt with more students, is overrated for the most part.

(For 2018 there are 70 P5 and 60 Group of 5 so I know the math isn't perfect right now but there are a couple of teams moving into Group of 5 in the next 2-3 years)All P5 should play 1 Group of 5 and 1 FCS to go along with 2 P5 teams. Group of 5 are limited to only one P5 game a year. Independents, join a conference, get over yourself. If no conference wants you, here's a hint; you bring nothing to the table. Drop football or drop divisions. See how easy that was?

In referance to the Indies joining a conference, I'd love to see Boise State and BYU join the PAC 12 or Big XII and Notre Dame join the B10 or ACC and see what they can do.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I feel like this is posted as an attempted dig at UGA but it seems to just be the fact that everyone thinks we’re an easy out

"Everyone" most assuredly does NOT include opposing defensive coordinators and especially outside linebackers, safeties, and corners who after a quarter or so of being relentlessly cut block by different players are longing for next week's game against a nice safe spread option where the quarterback is in the shotgun and linemen are pushing on people.