Home VS BC 2/11-ACC Network

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Lots of amazing stats but Lammers playing 39 mins with ONE foul was in the list .
Like the VCU game TJ just took over the game.Can't believe he doesn't do 18 a night.
JP is punching all the right buttons.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, I got to watch the second half on replay. For some reason, the ACC Network blacks all our games out here in Va (slight exaggeration but close). They are supposed to be on the local Fox station. But that station always shows something else. Probably makes sense since maybe 50 people in the entire area would watch GT and BC.

The layups and shots were amazing. I don't know why people are saying Lammers looked tired..... must have been from the first half because in the second he was all turnt up.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Well, I got to watch the second half on replay. For some reason, the ACC Network blacks all our games out here in Va (slight exaggeration but close). They are supposed to be on the local Fox station. But that station always shows something else. Probably makes sense since maybe 50 people in the entire area would watch GT and BC.

The layups and shots were amazing. I don't know why people are saying Lammers looked tired..... must have been from the first half because in the second he was all turnt up.
I live in Maryland, all of the games on Fox here are blacked out because they are broadcast on Comcast Sportsnet. Also usually CSN is showing something locally (last night was Elon or Richmond or something, don't care to look it up) so they are on the CSN alternate channel which for DirecTV is 642-1. Not sure what tv service you have but a bar (or friend) with DirecTV should be able to get the games not nationally broadcast.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I live in Maryland, all of the games on Fox here are blacked out because they are broadcast on Comcast Sportsnet. Also usually CSN is showing something locally (last night was Elon or Richmond or something, don't care to look it up) so they are on the CSN alternate channel which for DirecTV is 642-1. Not sure what tv service you have but a bar (or friend) with DirecTV should be able to get the games not nationally broadcast.
I'm in DC and almost every tech game has been on TSN which is the secondary Comcast sports channel. Been nice having all the tech games on tv.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'm in Boise and get every game on the ACC Network through DirectTV.
This was another impressive display for me, after a dire 1st half, they came out in the 2nd half and took the game over ... whether it's coaches, players or whatever, that's reason for optimism.
Interesting note, I had lost all interest in college bball over the last several years, now I find myself watching again, FSU/ND, UVA/VT, I guess that makes me a fair weather fan ???

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Anything quick detail about this game---CJP went with the same five for 19 of the 20 minutes of the second half. Those five--Lammers, Okogie, Jackson, Moore, and Health all played very well and CJP stuck with them. Sometimes I think college basketball coaches tend to over-sub, so I really don't mind it--you find something that works and you stick with it. Way to go, CPJ, and way to go, Jackets!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anything quick detail about this game---CJP went with the same five for 19 of the 20 minutes of the second half. Those five--Lammers, Okogie, Jackson, Moore, and Health all played very well and CJP stuck with them. Sometimes I think college basketball coaches tend to over-sub, so I really don't mind it--you find something that works and you stick with it. Way to go, CPJ, and way to go, Jackets!

Yeah, the broadcast made mention of the "Iron Jackets" in the 2nd half. Pretty cool tie-in to the Cremins days when he basically had his iron-5 or 6.

Also, I just want to re-state that JMoore actually took and made a 3pt basket. That was big. He usually sits at the arc wide open but refusing to take that shot. Hope that provides him with some confidence going forward.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Glad that JMo's abdominal injury seems to be better. Saw him stretch for a couple of rebounds and I was concerned that he might pull/reinjure something.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Damn, I am in NoVA, and Cox is my internet provider. I use PlayStation Vue, and every single game has been blacked out except for Tusculum.

Yeah, I have Cox too as an ISP. And I have Sling with ESPN3 / WatchESPN which goes to all my devices.

What I may do for later games is just watch the replay ....... also it's a lot less stressful.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
More evidence of Reveno's importance was shared by Pastner in the postgame audio and then on the radio show. He mentioned how in the first half when the team couldn't make layups that Reveno told him he needed to tell the guys a joke in timeout because they were tightening up from all the misses and he needed to get them loose again. CJP mentioned what Reveno was telling him on the bench at the end of the ND game as well. So far he seems like the most important hire since he has been a bit of a guru on the bench. The others may prove their chops in recruiting more than in game adjustments.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
More evidence of Reveno's importance was shared by Pastner in the postgame audio and then on the radio show. He mentioned how in the first half when the team couldn't make layups that Reveno told him he needed to tell the guys a joke in timeout because they were tightening up from all the misses and he needed to get them loose again. CJP mentioned what Reveno was telling him on the bench at the end of the ND game as well. So far he seems like the most important hire since he has been a bit of a guru on the bench. The others may prove their chops in recruiting more than in game adjustments.

I was thinking about starting a thread on this topic. The little asides from CJP about Reveno's value are adding up.

We may have struck gold with this pairing.