Home VS BC 2/11-ACC Network

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
In the first half I thought i was still at my little brothers game at Suwanee Sports Academy.....talk about not finishing. Obviously Jax was on fire but I think the guy who turned it around was Moore. First off, he shot a jump shot!! and made it!! And i know CJP is happy about the guard rebounding. Ben was awful in the first half, but turned it around(figuratively and literally, what a beautiful turnaround jumper he has, like his fellow Texan Dirk). I now see the Wade comparisons for Okogie, he made 3 plays in the 2nd half that made me think of vintage Wade. Also S/O to Coach for finding a rotation that would work without Q to start the 2nd half and ride it out. If I'm correct he didn't sub until it was over to get Heyward in?? What a way to finish strong!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
The first half echoed the ghosts of a previous coach. If half of those fall this game would have been out of hand early. I don't think you could say the same thing about their shooting because we were contesting them and they were settling for low percentage shots. Hope we got it out of our system and come out hot against Miami. Waiting on Okogie to go off on someone again.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Believe it or not, watching the guys in warm-ups, I knew they were going to have a bad start. Too many guys goofing and joking around. Luckily there are two halves in a basketball game and the guys woke up offensively. Justin Moore had a nice game. Only 1 turnover and 6 assists. Obviously a big scoring night for Jackson. I think they said on the radio postgame he was 8/10 from the field in the 2nd half. Another ACC win for CJP. I hope Q is going to be alright though.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Dalrymple, I mean Jackson, had a good game at Power Guard scoring points but was off on his RB and A. But we take what we get and don't complain.
With 18 assists on 24 made baskets Price must have really been on his PG game tonight. Joseph and Salley with 17 boards and 14 points pretty good for the big guys.
Nice team.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Had somewhere to be and missed it live...just watched the replay. WOW. This team DOES NOT QUIT. Q goes out after 5 minutes? No problem, we will throw in Tadric Jackson at power forward. Missing every layup in the first half? No problem, we will defend and rebound the heck out of it, and things will come around.

Seriously, Okogie and Moore rebounded like beasts tonight. When we have Lammers and a bunch of guards out there we needed every rebound and they responded with energy and attention to detail. The passing was sharp in the second half, we continued to defend well...and those layups finally started falling. I am just as proud of them for this win as I was their win over FSU. We were down 15 in the first half! Great game, Jackets!

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
We had a ton of great loooks in the first half, it just seemed like there a was a lid on it for some reason. I bet we missed 5-6 layups and it was getting comical. Obviously a great 2nd half. Moore picked up the slack and did a nice job on the boards. He will be a solid player moving forward, but that jumper to take the lead was "found money" given his offensive prowess thus far. I know Q only played 5 minutes or so after the injury, but I feel like tadric was in his spot the rest of the game. My question is, was j Moore in for heyward because of the size advantage defensively on bowman? That was the only reason I could think of why he was in there so much. It worked out well though, and he played a great game. Great win tonight. It was a must win for any kind of postseason play imo

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but can we admire the fact that we packed McCamish for BOSTON COLLEGE! Seriously, back to back (ACC) home games where the arena was full with Tech fans. Usually when it's even half full over the past five or six seasons, the visiting team is responsible for a decent amount of the fans. The 09-10 season was probably the last time we saw anything close to this. People are taking notice, and it took Pastner two to three years less than anyone thought imaginable.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but can we admire the fact that we packed McCamish for BOSTON COLLEGE! Seriously, back to back (ACC) home games where the arena was full with Tech fans. Usually when it's even half full over the past five or six seasons, the visiting team is responsible for a decent amount of the fans. The 09-10 season was probably the last time we saw anything close to this. People are taking notice, and it took Pastner two to three years less than anyone thought imaginable.
I was there and was honestly shocked at the nearly full house of pretty much all GT fans. First game I have been to in a couple of years and it definitely felt like the electric atmosphere of the old days are on the way back.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Awesome game last night! I love the heart of this team and the fan energy was great! Did anyone else get to see or talk to Dedrick Mills at the game? Very polite young man - I recognized him immediately!

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at the game as well Could not believe the first half. The boys were working hard but the lid on the basket was tight. Second half a thing of beauty. And to be back in the Thrillerdome with it packed was just awesome. JP is doing some serious coaching.
It was a pretty awesome sight. Now, we just need to work on getting people to wear a mutual color. We have a white out scheduled against Syracuse, so that should look pretty cool!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We seriously need to do layup drills for 5 hours straight. We actually get to the basket really well...and somehow we seem like the worst team in the history of basketball (slight exageration) at converting at the basket. I kept thinking "These f'ing layups are going to come back and bite us like at VT..." You know it's bad when Okogie does a double take after making a layup.

Luckily, we were playing BC, and our guy remembered they were actually playing a conference game.

Good to see Moore step up and give us solid minutes. Had the usual cheapie fouls, but he took care of the ball. Lammers was uncharacteristically loose with passes, but the guy had a monster game on the boards and altered so many shots even if he didn't get the block. Okogie just needs to learn to go strong and now worry about style points when going to the basket. Seemed like he was posing for poster shots early in the game and the ball not going in was the victim not the opponent. Tadric...man, you watch him play and wonder why he doesn't have 15-20 point game every time out. If Okogie and Tadric could be consistently be on in the same game this team is very dangerous in combination with Lammers in the post.

Hideous first half, but a win is better than a loss no matter how ugly. On to the next game...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

I don't think there was a single media member from Boston at yesterday's game. All postgame press conference questions to Jim Christian came from GT media. First time I remember seeing that. It is a new level of irrelevance and indifference than I've experienced in the last 2.5 years covering GT. I suppose that's how Jim Christian goes winless in the ACC and gets a contract extension.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I was about ready to give up after watching the offense in the first half. We couldn't buy a basket it seemed like. Luckily the guys didn't give up. They never do, and they played a great second half. That second half was fun to watch.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was about ready to give up after watching the offense in the first half. We couldn't buy a basket it seemed like. Luckily the guys didn't give up. They never do, and they played a great second half. That second half was fun to watch.

50 point second half. I'm too lazy to look it up, but that has to be one of our better offensive halfs all season.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Even though hasically everyone wrote this year off as a total rebuild, a couple of things have become obvious. We have gotten a huge upgrade in our head coach and staff. No offense to Gregory, but he and his staff were simply overmatched against most of the teams on the schedule. We probably would have lost to BC last night.
With Pastner and staff, we can match up with all the teams we play, coaching wise. We are still short on talent and depth in most cases. But even with that disadvantage I feel like we like a decent shot against just about everybody. I am extremely optimistic that Pastner and staff are going to do great things.