Home Court Gold Color

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
C54BC62E-AB4D-40F8-A97B-8767360D91B8.jpeg
Took this off someone’s IG post from the game. Looks gold here. He’s to be lighting and TV

GT_EE78

Banned
maybe just pour acid on it like Oregon and refuse to do repairs. If we had that duckish bleached tie dyed look , at least one of the shades might come out looking like gold ...

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I think the mid court logo look worse thank the rest of the floor because it’s the only area trimmed in blue. I haven’t been to a live game so I don’t know how it looks in person but I wonder if the lighting we use is the reason. We use theatrical lighting like Staples Center. The lighting is mainly over the court and not the entire arena like most venues. Hopefully it’s something they’ll address this off season because it does have a green tint on TV.
That green gold **** looks just as bad in person. :banghead: Utter fail.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Court looked fine on every TV in both bars during the Louisville game while I was traveling out of state. Court looks great in person too.
I keep thinking this thread will go away, but since the game tonight wasn't fun to watch, I guess y'all should be able to whine about your TV or cable company.

Last edited:

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Court looked fine on every TV in both bars I was in Saturday while I was traveling out of state. Court looks great in person too.
I keep thinking this thread will go away, but since the game tonight wasn't fun to watch, I guess y'all should be able to whine about your TV or cable company.
Perhaps your eyesight is not so good? Seen it in person & tv. It's horrid.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
That bothers the hell out of me! Why blue at mid court but nowhere else?!?

I vote for blaming Adidas for the court, and while we are at it, can we get Jose some Nike's so maybe he will quit slipping and sliding all over the court, and maybe in a high top version so he will quit spraining his ankles all the time.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
My seat is on the front row. Go to more games...or better yet, stay here and whine. I'm done with this garbage.
Good for you. Been to all the games I've been able to attend. Have seen the court from seats in multiple areas. Except, excuse me the front row, it must be that front row seat.... The court looked better last year.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
My seat is on the front row. Go to more games...or better yet, stay here and whine. I'm done with this garbage.
Gosh that must be it. Fifth-row season tickets must provide a horrid viewing angle...or maybe it’s that one game I missed over the holidays, when family plans conflicted (fwiw, we still made sure someone in gold was in our seats).

I get the AA’s purpose in the color change. I just don’t think they (or Adidas) anticipated that natural wood tones in contrast would make our “Tech Gold” look off-greenish. It’s not a big deal to me at all. But when you realize that this was done as part of a branding strategy, you have to acknowledge that if a large number of people think our court looks greenish, it is a branding “fail”. I have every confidence, though, that ADTS is aware of this and will address the issue in the off-season.