Home Court Gold Color

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I noticed that earlier this year after the adidas change while watching a WNBA game on tv. The court looked that same weird shade of green on my screen too

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Tech Gold does not play well with natural hardwood tones.
This imo. I also sort of think that we had to alter the color some way so that it wouldn't blend in with the court. If the court was darker then I think it would be ok.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
This is so Tech... I'm sitting with my two sons streaming the game last night and both are asking me why the floor looks Green.

It might look good in person, but on Tele/Stream, it looks like Tech can't even get the color Gold right...

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Has nothing to do with the TV stream. It is the relative contrast of the Old Gold logo against the natural gold tones of the wood floor. Even in person the old gold on the floor has a slight greenish hue -- just not as pronounced.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
I took my 3-yr old to the game last Friday. After I tried to explain how the court is that big rectangle and when the ball leaves the rectangle it’s ‘out of bounds’, she asked “You mean when the ball goes into that green rectangle?”

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Congrats to the Yellow Jackets today. Steady comeback. Did not panic and won going away.

Jim, the court is no longer "Old Gold". It is now "Tech Gold." I thought the lovely hue of green looked nice when next to James Banks green shoes.
Could James not find a pair of white, gold, or navy blue shoes. :(

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
According to my color sample book it looks like PMS103, but PMS117 seems more like "old gold." 103 IS too green, even though it's an off-yellow.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, the court looks mildly greenish in person. Not as bad as TV but it doesn't look good. Need to do something with the unpainted portion of the floor to provide better contrast