Home Court Gold Color

LibertyTurns

Banned
I agree. The only way to make that particular color look “gold” would be to paint the rest of the court white...which will never happen.

Branding fail; we managed to make “Tech gold” look ugly.
How much does it cost to paint a damn basketball court? C’mon Stansbury start some sort of campaign. A bunch of us will donate to get a gold court to watch on TV. It’s really kind of sickening watching us play on a freaking green court. It’s almost at the point I’m rooting for every game to be an away game.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Funny how we can perceive things differently. Looks fine to me. I can see how the center GT logo could look green but that could just be the blue outline blended with the gold fill. The rest of the court looks fine to me.

But what do I know since this is what I look like:
818E643F-B3E4-49A9-8A98-C3F2A7B098DC.jpeg

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I commented earlier in this thread regarding the gold greenish tint on the court. I thought it was terrible on TV.

I attended today's game vs Wake. What a nice game. Devoe, Banks, Cole, Wright and the team played well. Impressed. We are young and will get better. Enjoyed the energy from the new football coaches introduction. Met some fine people. Bobby Cremins, still smilin, looks good. McCamish is a jewel. Had lunch at Six Feet Under, Midtown. Impressed again. Maybe it was the spectacular weather!!

Back to the court colors. They are terrible and why is Banks allowed to wear chartreuse/green shoes? Needs to be changed.

Rob

2ndgenjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Face it. On tv its green. Hate it. The color inside the 3 line looks closer to gold than the logo or other green parts. Can’t believe the AA looks at the highlights and goes yep that looks good.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
In person at the games, I see the green tint if I look for it. Otherwise, I don't notice it and it doesn't really bother me. What bothers me a lot more than the lack of gold on the hardwood is the lack of gold in the stands.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
How much does it cost to paint a damn basketball court? C’mon Stansbury start some sort of campaign. A bunch of us will donate to get a gold court to watch on TV. It’s really kind of sickening watching us play on a freaking green court. It’s almost at the point I’m rooting for every game to be an away game.
It's just as ugly in person. It looked much better last year.
Our colors are white & gold. I'd be fine with white, please paint over that ugly gold. Who knew gold could be so ugly?

LibertyTurns

Banned
At this point I’d take yellow because our mascot is a Yellow Jacket and we could claim that’s what we’re doing. My wife walks up when I’m watching the game yesterday & asked me why GT painted the floor green.

I don’t know what I’ll do if we keep winning at home. At some point it becomes a lucky charm & we wouldn’t be able to get rid of it.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Adidas major fail. Total fail on someone’s part to check every detail.

No wonder they focus on trying to change one of our major colors to blue.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think the mid court logo look worse thank the rest of the floor because it’s the only area trimmed in blue. I haven’t been to a live game so I don’t know how it looks in person but I wonder if the lighting we use is the reason. We use theatrical lighting like Staples Center. The lighting is mainly over the court and not the entire arena like most venues. Hopefully it’s something they’ll address this off season because it does have a green tint on TV.