Hokies

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our pitching is just inconsistent. We don't have better than Ryan and he is mid-grade at best. He hasn't been "overused" at all with only 34.2 IP this year. Unless maybe you consider giving up 5 hits in an inning. We were "spoiled" by Gorst last year and the lucky find of Gold. I really don't want to watch other teams play since it will highlight how unreliable our pitching is.

What bothers me more are the two errors. I started listening in the 3rd of the second game and got bad feelings in the 6th and just checked the score occasionally. Those attached to the program must be going through real pain at the terribly inconsistent baseball we play. This year it's partly on the players who need to take responsibility; over the span of a decade it's on Hall.

I doubt it matters much whether we play a third game. Time has almost run out for an NCAA bid. We are back down to a 60 RPI which I think over values our team's competence.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Va tech website says game starts at noon today
Yep, GT Baseball just tweeted the start time has moved up to 12. Forecast is terrible. I'm thinking Gibson may get the start, but with the likelihood of numerous delays, we could see a lot of pitchers...if we even get the game in.

We are just playing for an ACC Tourney spot now and then a miraculous run in the tourney to get a NCAA bid!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I went to T-Night. Had an enjoyable evening. Got home and was told of our rotten loss. I think that took away our last chance at anything. We needed to sweep those guys, but we just don't have what it takes.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I went to T-Night. Had an enjoyable evening. Got home and was told of our rotten loss. I think that took away our last chance at anything. We needed to sweep those guys, but we just don't have what it takes.
I'm beginning to lose hope too. (for ACC tournament) Duke beat Louisville yesterday. Doesn't help. I think getting past Pitt & VT is our only hope. We do get Pitt at home. Same deal... WIN THIS NEXT ONE

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Rats, Bailey hits two home runs in two at bats. The VT pitcher had only given up two in over forty innings this year. Also Kel had just doubled to make score 40 in the third inning. Then BANG, a lightning strike stops the game. Keyton Gibson had faced only six batters in two innings.He was really pitching well, now he may not be able to pick up again.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Really need this game to happen today. Bailey on fire!!! Wiley and Nick are really high on Gibson's arm talent--if he can consistently locate, he could potentially be our best pitcher from the sounds of it.

Cmon Jackets and weather!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this will jump start the team for the rest of the year. I was also very encouraged by the pitching this weekend (other than Ryan).