Hokies

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Worth repeating. In addition to the obvious that we needed to win the series just for the improved record... if we do happen to end up in a tie with VT at the end of conference play.. our series win is the #1 tiebreaker in the standings for a 2-team tie. [If it is 3 or more teams tied, the tiebreaker stuff is more complex] Same will apply to others immediately in front of us (Pitt and Duke) who we've yet to play. Need to win those series for same reasons!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Because I'm a fan who didn't like the move. I still trust him to make the right decision though.

I'm a fan too. His record without a winning percentage in the ACC since 2011 stands.

I agree 100% he knows far more about baseball than any of us. Also, he probably forgot more this year than I ever knew. But he isn't getting it done against his ACC peers.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm a fan too. His record without a winning percentage in the ACC since 2011 stands.

I agree 100% he knows far more about baseball than any of us. Also, he probably forgot more this year than I ever knew. But he isn't getting it done against his ACC peers.
Yeah, he isn't getting it done this year (most obvious statement of the year), but it could be that the players are looking great in practice and it's just not translating to the game. Or it could be that the team doesn't have any chemistry. It might simply be Hall or Howell too. It's really hard to tell in baseball if you aren't close to the team and constantly around it.