Hokies

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Hall left Curry in too long, but with a 7-1 lead, I like the decision to take the risk.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hall left Curry in too long, but with a 7-1 lead, I like the decision to take the risk.
Datoc was able to get out of it with only two runs scoring...but CDH has hurt us all year with leaving some guys in a few batters too many.

Need this win badly!

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Yet, especially facing a double header with two games already in the last 3 days.

Datoc wiggles out of it after jackets give up 2. Strike out with sacks jammed to end the inning. Both charged to Curry, I think.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I feel like it makes things even harder if you expect to play 18 innings today. Curry had mowed them down in innings leaing up to that. Curry got the leadoff guy out in B7. Then 2 guys on with still no runs in with a 6 run lead.. gives up the hit.. 2 score. ...on his 100th pitch. Then Hall pulls him. I don't really have a problem with that.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The W!! Hats off to a great pitching performance from Curry, Datoc, and Combs!
First conference win since Clemson.. 3 weeks ago.
First conference road win since WF... 4 weeks ago on what was the crazy extra inning affair where WF gift wrapped it for us.
...the turnaround has BEGUN!?!?

WIN THIS NEXT ONE :nailbiting:
[weather may hold off long enough to get past the "official game" point in Game 2]

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Man this beer tastes good for some reason. Up 3-0 and Shadday only 1 hit and 2 Ks in two innings. Low strike % (25-13) but hopefully VT loses some discipline at the plate being down 3-0.

Looking at radar at 1655, looks like we have 60 to 90 minutes before a thunderstorm line comes through.