Hey Cutcliffe.....Appreciate it!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I am trying to think of another time I heard a coach so blatantly tell the press the negative recruiting speech he would make to players about an opposing team, anyone seen something so blatant before?

Spurrier gets in great jabs at UGA but even those are more one off barbs. I don't condone negative recruiting but I do understand how a coach could feel pressured to take that tactic with a recruit. But to detail it to the media? And in the press conference leading up to playing that very team on the road? A team that has beaten you 6 times in a row? I have tried to convince myself he is shooting an angle here and that he thinks this can get him some sort of edge. But I keep deciding it was just very stupid. Maybe he thinks Tech will play undisciplined if angry.

But Yellow Jackets swarm when angry.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
+1

Game on baby.
Game frikin on.
I hope we run up the damned score and do it through the air!
I hope it isn't just the offense that gets involved in the scoring...I won't the defense to be pissed off too...Let's get Nealy another int for a TD. Maybe a fumble recovery for a TD by Davis...another INT by Milton...Not fair it it is just the offense scoring...i want a break out game for the defense too!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Only thing I'm worried about now is emotional let down vs UNC after we dismantle Puke this Saturday. We need to get behind our boys and make Grant Field even louder than last week. It's personal now

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
The teams been playin pissed off the passed couple of games, but now they will be playing pissed directly at the opposing team. Im gonna say the defense forces more 3 and outs and we get the most push up front that we've seen this year.

Oh and everybody uses cut blocking and it works wonderfully, I had alot of respect for Cut before hearing these statements, but you've awakened a sleeping giant. Enjoy that a** whooping Saturday.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
What is the rub with Duke. They haven't beaten us and they fired Roof?
They realize that their Coastal Championship last year was a fluke. Easy schedule + multiple key injuries to multiple teams right before they played dook = win games they had no right to win. They were pathetic in the game against Tech last year and want confirmation that they don't suck. Their luck has run out this year.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Not only a bit late but seems disingenuous. Suguira's write-up of what Cutcliffe said was very very charitable to him. If you watch the press conference, hear the questions as asked and his responses plus body language it was far more clear that he was doing some serious trash talk. Our WRs have the most to be angry about but definitely the defense as well and then on down the line.

Backpedaling or clarifying if sincere just suggests to me further that he really stepped in it and was being stupid.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe hes just goading PJ to get us to go pass heavy?

That only works if the D formation on the field is giving us lots of single coverages. CPJ has been through so much more than Duke when winning NCs at Southern and the ACC CG here. CPJ will take satisfaction in winning regardless of how we do it.

As others have said, the WRs will take great satisfaction in slobberknocking the DBs. Hopefully we rotate them all for their chance to hit the pinata.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope Smelter makes a big over-the-shoulder catch near the sidelines right next to Cutcliffe, deals a nasty stiff arm to one of his players and proceeds to run it in for a TD.
Then I hope Smelter stares at Cutcliffe and nods his head the entire time that he's walking off the field.

Not only a bit late but seems disingenuous. Suguira's write-up of what Cutcliffe said was very very charitable to him. If you watch the press conference, hear the questions as asked and his responses plus body language it was far more clear that he was doing some serious trash talk. Our WRs have the most to be angry about but definitely the defense as well and then on down the line.

Backpedaling or clarifying if sincere just suggests to me further that he really stepped in it and was being stupid.

We all are a little awkward when forced to walk things back. :)

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm worried we're getting a little cocky here and as a team. Duke is not a bad team. Instead of talking about passing a lot or w/e, we should focus on executing our offense and playing keep away.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
All I want is when the game clock strikes 00:00 at Grant Field this Saturday, is that GT is at least +1 in the points scored category with no injuries to any of the players. Everything else is just window dressing.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm worried we're getting a little cocky here and as a team. Duke is not a bad team. Instead of talking about passing a lot or w/e, we should focus on executing our offense and playing keep away.

I hear you but we're just fans. I'm sure the team isn't getting over-confident and that's all that matters. I expect us to come out and execute. Play keep away, as you say.

I'm still of the opinion that this was all a ploy to get us out of our gameplan. Can't imagine CPJ is dense enough to come out 5-wide just to prove anything to the clown on the other sideline.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Here is the bottom line fellas (and gals)...Our team wants to put it on Duke. Sure they want to win every game. But they really want Duke. We win and likely comfortably unless we screw the pooch on turnovers.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
Here is the bottom line fellas (and gals)...Our team wants to put it on Duke. Sure they want to win every game. But they really want Duke. We win and likely comfortably unless we screw the pooch on turnovers.

Agree, taking care if the football will be the key as it was against Miami.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hell...I think we could be minus 1 or even 2 on turnovers and still win depending on where / how they occur. I'd rather be on the plus side though.