Hey Cutcliffe.....Appreciate it!

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
If you guys haven't listened to Cutcliffe's presser today, it was very interesting. Not only did he bash our recruiting, but our players, defense, cut blocking, etc.... I have never heard a coach bash a program like he did that directly.
I was worried about an emotional letdown after Miami. Not anymore! I can assure you that every coach, player, trainer, etc wearing the white and gold will hear about this. CPJ has owned Duke and we will bring it now on Saturday. Thanks Cut.....

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
After the game last year, CPJ patted Coach Cut on the butt. It was good natured -- "good game" -- but I remember the glare he got in return.

/

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&db_oem_id=4200

Whineysonofabitch, I hope CPJ punches him in the face and chop blocks him on the way out.
I actually thought that was a great talk. He was very knowledgeable and it was great to see Georgia Tech and our season from his eyes. He also had a lot of compliments especially for CPJ and the job he does with everything.

With that said, Cutcliffe seems to hate cut blocks (no pun intended). As in, HATE. That was clear from his talk, and it sounds like he doesn't understand why someone would go to a school that 'cuts'. Well, that's just your opinion man.
(I don't think it's personal, but maybe it is...)

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was mostly an interesting press conference. Sounds like they really need a new team doc...swine flu and foot/hand/mouth disease. Those few minutes were he laid into recruiting and our WRs was totally insulting but he seemed to be lead down that path by some of the questions. Good job at end by one person asking about being 0-6 against CPJ.

GTBME

Georgia Tech Fan
I actually thought that was a great talk. He was very knowledgeable and it was great to see Georgia Tech and our season from his eyes. He also had a lot of compliments especially for CPJ and the job he does with everything.

With that said, Cutcliffe seems to hate cut blocks (no pun intended). As in, HATE. That was clear from his talk, and it sounds like he doesn't understand why someone would go to a school that 'cuts'. Well, that's just your opinion man.

I might be overreacting but this is personal, condescending and insulting.

“The other part of it is, it’s a little more difficult to recruit high-end players, because, if you’re a defensive player on that team, you’re really not excited about spring practice, and you’re not seeing what you’re going to see in pro ball, if you think you’re a pro football player,” Cutcliffe said. “If I’m a receiver, why (play at Tech)?”

How are our defensive players not excited about spring practice? How many WR did Cutcliffe send to the NFL in the past 6 years? Recruiting blue chippers was always difficult for us, CPJ did not start that trend.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I really wish CDC would have kept that stuff to himself, because honestly he was sending a message to recruits, recruits that might choose GT over Duke. But, as I try to tell everyone on this site, these arguments do work many times, and yes, they even work on defensive prospects. What he is saying is EXACTLY what these guys are told by other coaches if they consider GT.

And this part is on top of the stuff teams have used for years and years against Tech, like the academic difficulties, the calculus requirement, lack of females, etc....

He said he coached the wishbone as an assistant at Alabama--"we were not a good wishbone team, we were a great wishbone team"--so he understands the blocking. You'd have to say he is more inclined these days to pass, which calls for blockers to be more upright. He's understandably looking for any advantage he can get. Last year he had a pretty decent team and got stomped by the Yellow Jackets--again.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I might be overreacting but this is personal, condescending and insulting.

“The other part of it is, it’s a little more difficult to recruit high-end players, because, if you’re a defensive player on that team, you’re really not excited about spring practice, and you’re not seeing what you’re going to see in pro ball, if you think you’re a pro football player,” Cutcliffe said. “If I’m a receiver, why (play at Tech)?”

How are our defensive players not excited about spring practice? How many WR did Cutcliffe send to the NFL in the past 6 years? Recruiting blue chippers was always difficult for us, CPJ did not start that trend.

Agreed. I'm not sure why people are saying, "no harm, no foul" on his comments. He went out of his way to put these biting comments out there. WTF does he know about how our defensive players feel? Did he ask Attouchu after he got drafted? Has he spoken to our other guys who are on rosters in the league?

Other than riding the Manning's coattails, who tha F has he ever put into a prominent place in the league? What o-lineman, receivers or any other position for that matter?

That comment about receivers really pissed me off. The question shouldn't be "If I'm a receiver ... why (play at GT)?"

It should be, "If I play football at all ... why (play at Duke)?"