Here's a thought

JacketFan137

Banned
What is this based on other than CGC hate?

You say stuff like Armstrong is going to have a field day but he’s behind an OL that lost its top six linemen from last season, four transferred, and two graduated. OL returns 2 starts

Pitt is a double-digit loss after losing its 1st rd QB & top WR

L for teams that we have beaten that has gotten significantly worse or in the same boat as us?

Ole Miss lost just as much production as us and they’ll put up 50?
learned a while ago that most of the people on this page don’t keep up with college football or nfl. just bend reality to fit their narrative

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

You say stuff like Armstrong is going to have a field day but he’s behind an OL that lost its top six linemen from last season, four transferred, and two graduated. OL returns 2 starts

L for teams that we have beaten that has gotten significantly worse or in the same boat as us?

Ole Miss added 9 four star transfers, including two studs at QB and RB. They are going to be a good offensive team, we just have to hope it isnt clicking yet by the time they play us. No clue what to expect from UVA and Pitt.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Ole Miss added 9 four star transfers, including two studs at QB and RB. They are going to be a good offensive team, we just have to hope it isnt clicking yet by the time they play us. No clue what to expect from UVA and Pitt.
UVA lost a lot (including on OL) but returns their stud QB.

Pitt returns their entire starting OL as I understand it, and replaces Pickett at QB with Kedon Slovis, who started at USC (west) last year. They're going to be a handful.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
UVA lost a lot (including on OL) but returns their stud QB.

Pitt returns their entire starting OL as I understand it, and replaces Pickett at QB with Kedon Slovis, who started at USC (west) last year. They're going to be a handful.

The same people who give Sims a hard time heaps praises on Slovis & Dart, whose numbers are comparable or better than both.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am sticking to my original picks:

I went 7+ and it’s not just gold colored glasses. Here we go, take a peek inside my optimism:

Week 1, feels like Weak 1: L

Week 2, Mount the Catamounts: W

Week 3, us versus the rebellion: W

Week 4, the Knights bend a knee: W

Week 5, the Pitts: L (OR W and a L next game Week 6)

Week 6, Split with Pitt the devils in the detail: W

Week 7, BYE (This pick you can take to the bank. It is Guaranteed)

Week 8, the horror of The Who’s: W

Week 9, ATL loses its tomahawk: L

Week 10, road woes continue: L

Week 11, no place like home: W

Week 12, UNCheat gets taken to the woodshed: W

Week 13+, shudder, champagne shower and introspection: L

Bowl win gets us to 8 wins!
Hey bartender, I will have whatever it is he's drinking 🍻

Seriously though, I truly would be happy with the above this year.

JacketFan137

Banned
The same people who give Sims a hard time heaps praises on Slovis & Dart, whose numbers are comparable or better than both.

also transfers aren’t very good. ole miss should be getting recruits not transfers. whatever it takes to have a negative outlook i guess

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Collins has done so many clown car things.
The team played progressively more incompetently as it finished last season;

His staff must not just win 5 they must show clear competence in key areas.

The passing game needs to be in top 30% of acc and look competent against clemson, ole miss and uga. I think Sims and make this happen if the injured WR can play.

Cgc is all w Sims who has been inconsistent. This is their year.

A 5 win season plus a good Sims may get cgc till December.
Why Sims must look good is it will give cgc the chance to RECRUIT a TOP WR. If he doesnt show ability to add at least one elite talent, I think we move on.

2015 no mills
2016 mills
2017 no mills
Got to have a suprise talent like that.

Eli

Helluva Engineer

Ole Miss is #2 in transfer rankings only behind USC. Qb may be shaky early in the year but we were last in P5 in defense last year and Rocky Lombardi put up a field day on us. So what makes you believe we will now be a top 25 defense and hold Ole Miss to under 30?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Ole Miss is #2 in transfer rankings only behind USC. Qb may be shaky early in the year but we were last in P5 in defense last year and Rocky Lombardi put up a field day on us. So what makes you believe we will now be a top 25 defense and hold Ole Miss to under 30?

Bc last year is last year. What made Ole Miss believe they would be top 25 after 5 consecutive losing seasons? Wasn’t GT Top 10 in the transfer portal? Yet we’re reminded that the lack of production is worrisome while also being told the thaf Michael Triggs 7 catches 100yds last yr is reason for him to be all-star this upcoming season

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Bc last year is last year. What made Ole Miss believe they would be top 25 after 5 consecutive losing seasons? Wasn’t GT Top 10 in the transfer portal? Yet we’re reminded that the lack of production is worrisome while also being told the thaf Michael Triggs 7 catches 100yds last yr is reason for him to be all-star this upcoming season
Trigg was a true freshman who missed half of the season due to injury and played behind two upper classmen. With all of that going on he had three less yards and one more TD than our leading TE. Not sure he is the best example to use. He wasn't struggling to get playing time before he got injured.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Collins has lost the fanbase. I'm betting season ticket renewals are well under water based on the calls I'm getting to renew. No ...five is not good enough.
This - I wonder if Todd was so insulated from "regular" fans last season that he thought for some reason this would not be as bad as it will be? Just amazed still that if he had the option of moving on, he chose not to? Having a "super" recruiter is not going to be as important anymore as having NIL money, and everyone is well aware of this. You might as well have the best x's and o's HC you can find and afford at this point.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Trigg was a true freshman who missed half of the season due to injury and played behind two upper classmen. With all of that going on he had three less yards and one more TD than our leading TE. Not sure he is the best example to use. He wasn't struggling to get playing time before he got injured.

So just dismiss the knee injury? Gotcha

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This - I wonder if Todd was so insulated from "regular" fans last season that he thought for some reason this would not be as bad as it will be? Just amazed still that if he had the option of moving on, he chose not to? Having a "super" recruiter is not going to be as important anymore as having NIL money, and everyone is well aware of this. You might as well have the best x's and o's HC you can find and afford at this point.
To be honest, regular fans don't matter much in today's market. Regular fans will come back if we start winning. There will be those that have had enough of everything, but that's a pretty small percentage. Things are going to look very different in the next several years, regardless of what we do or don't do. I think 5 wins looking competent will get him another year, but I think that's a moot point because we'll win at least 7. I will not concede a game until we've lost it, but there are only a couple on our schedule that we will be heavily overmatched. As long as we strap them on, we've got a chance.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
So just dismiss the knee injury? Gotcha
Didn't say that at all. Kid could be a complete bust like you seem to expect and he will have competition at the position, I just don't think he fits the bill of guys who were struggling to get playing time. One question though. Do you think the transfer class we brought in is better than the transfer class Ole Miss brought in? That seems to be what you are saying and im just making sure im hearing that correctly.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I’ll say again... we beat Ole Miss. I’ve convinced myself even if I’ve convinced no one else! :LOL:

I don’t know if we will have a top 25 or top 125 defense when the dust settles, but we win that game and start 3-3 on the season. I don’t expect Ole Miss to look that special by year end and I think we will have a lot to do with that perception.

Games 7-11 is where the rubber meets road for us. If we stay healthy OR if we have actually developed a little quality depth, we can be 3-2 or even 4-1 through that stretch. That’s a big “if” but that stretch determines everything about where we’re headed in my opinion.

JacketFan137

Banned
sensing a lot of confirmation bias here. not everyone is getting insane NIL money. there is still talent out there to recruit and if anything it’s gonna be more important now.

unfortunately in college football as we saw at the end of johnson’s tenure x’s and o’s only gets you so far. we haven’t really played a competitive game with clemson in years and after kirby’s first year it kinda became clear the physicality and talent gap was far too great for an option team to ever see success against them. to play with the big boys you gotta at least attempt to match them on size and speed. like it or not uga and clemson aren’t going anywhere any time soon.

obviously collins is far too deficient at x’s and o’s and to see success would need a great coordinator staff, but whoever we bring in needs to be a recruiter first and foremost if we want to at least make an attempt to not have 2 guaranteed losses in the schedule

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Lane Kiffin can coach offenses. He's actually grown as a head coach. For all the grief he's been given, he's only had one losing season as a college HC....his second year at Florida Atlantic of all places.

I don't think Kiffin wins 10 games at Ole Miss again next year (SEC West is gonna be BRUTAL), but Kiffin is gonna do what Kiffin does: Put out an exciting offense that churns out big numbers, and cross his fingers on defense.

Kiffin can make the best defenses look foolish. His first season at Ole Miss, when they went 5-5, he put up 48 points against #2 Bama, 35 points in the first game against #5 Florida,

I really hope our defense shows up against Ole Miss. If not, it will get UGLY.