Heaven has another Yellow Jacket fan!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I am so sorry for your loss and for the pain and sorrow you must feel. I hope you find solace in the good times, and can continue to be the man she raised. There are few ways to better hold a memory of a person than to continue to live the way they taught you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
@jwsavhGT , I would like to send my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Your mother was someone l could listen to stories from all day as she spoke of the older days of GT Glory.

The little time I knew her, the love and devotion for her Jackets was very profound.

We will be praying for God to comfort you and the rest of the family in days to come.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
My deepest sympathies for your loss. I know that, 15 years after losing both my parents, I still look over my shoulder every time I feel a sense of accomplishment for something I've done, only to know that I can't share it with them. I console myself by realizing that they are still with me, and know what I've done even though they can't be with me to celebrate it. Peace to you and your family.

This morning the biggest Georgia Tech fan I know made her way to Heaven. @SavhGTMom quietly, peacefully passed with her family surrounding her. Her name was Jane Coursey and she was not only my Mother but she was my best friend, my biggest champion, and the ONLY reason #IGotOut in March, 1983.

She never wavered from her love of all things Georgia Tech. The first GT football game she went to was against Notre Dame in the 60's. She was at Grant Field the night GT beat UGag in the fog. She was in Orlando for New Years Eve for the Citrus Bowl that gave Tech a National Championship. She was there through the lean years with B*** L**** and never quit on her Yellow Jackets. Lastly, she was able to be in Jacksonville for the TaxSlayer Bowl.

She was the reason I'm a Yellow Jacket and not a Dwag because she informed me that she was not paying for me to go to college and play. I would either go to Georgia Tech or stay home and go to Armstrong. She was the reason I survived my first winter quarter at GT. When I was ready to quit, when I was ready to give up she politely told me that if I wanted to quit, if I wanted to give up, if I wanted to give people the satisfaction of beating me down then I could come home. However, she assured me that I was as capable as any man at that school and I could accomplish anything I set my mind to.

She was a fan of CPJ and her screensaver was a picture taken with CPJ when he visited Savannah during his first year as coach. She even got to speak to CPJ during his last radio show of the 2015 season. She told him that she hoped he would stay because he was the best thing that could happen to GT and if he left she might just have to stop following GT football!

Lastly, she knew the answer to that famous question - What's The Good Word!!!!

It was with heavy heart that I ask @John to please close the GT Swarm account of @SavhGTMom.
Your description is very touching. I was blessed to have a mom similar to yours. The hurt will linger, but eventually soften, replaced by enormous pride and gratitude. My mother was from Savannah. Thank you for your post, has me a little misty this afternoon.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Heaven came out the winner today!

So thankful your family was able to be there with her.

Prayers are being sent. While the pain may come and go forever, it can never overshadow the eternal blessings of having her love and guidance in your life.

Thank you, Lord, for her wonderful life.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
@jwsavhGT

My deepest condolences. I was honored to meet both of ya'll a few years back at on of the games. You are in my prayers today. Hoping you, family and friends find Peace during this time of loss.

On September 9th (Jax St game), when I walk by and look up at your seats, I will pause, remember and send a quick prayer.

P.S. Thank you for sharing a wonder tribute to her in the OP.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Prayers are with you! I lost my Mom, and a big GT fan last year. You will never get over it, but be thankful for the memories!

Last edited:

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
This morning the biggest Georgia Tech fan I know made her way to Heaven. @SavhGTMom quietly, peacefully passed with her family surrounding her. Her name was Jane Coursey and she was not only my Mother but she was my best friend, my biggest champion, and the ONLY reason #IGotOut in March, 1983.

She never wavered from her love of all things Georgia Tech. The first GT football game she went to was against Notre Dame in the 60's. She was at Grant Field the night GT beat UGag in the fog. She was in Orlando for New Years Eve for the Citrus Bowl that gave Tech a National Championship. She was there through the lean years with B*** L**** and never quit on her Yellow Jackets. Lastly, she was able to be in Jacksonville for the TaxSlayer Bowl.

She was the reason I'm a Yellow Jacket and not a Dwag because she informed me that she was not paying for me to go to college and play. I would either go to Georgia Tech or stay home and go to Armstrong. She was the reason I survived my first winter quarter at GT. When I was ready to quit, when I was ready to give up she politely told me that if I wanted to quit, if I wanted to give up, if I wanted to give people the satisfaction of beating me down then I could come home. However, she assured me that I was as capable as any man at that school and I could accomplish anything I set my mind to.

She was a fan of CPJ and her screensaver was a picture taken with CPJ when he visited Savannah during his first year as coach. She even got to speak to CPJ during his last radio show of the 2015 season. She told him that she hoped he would stay because he was the best thing that could happen to GT and if he left she might just have to stop following GT football!

Lastly, she knew the answer to that famous question - What's The Good Word!!!!

It was with heavy heart that I ask @John to please close the GT Swarm account of @SavhGTMom.
I'm extremely sorry for your loss. My mom is still alive at 92 and is as big of a fan as your mom seemed to be. May God rest her soul and provide you and her other survivors solace in these coming days.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Terribly sorry for your loss. Your mom sounds like she was a wonderful lady. We are truly lucky to have had someone like that supporting the Yellow Jackets