HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
To this point, if BoB hadn't coached here before, do you think he would even be a candidate?
Maybe, but I would think it has more to do with him knowing Batt but the same could just as easily be said of Coach Key as well. Glad I am not making this decision because it has all the earmarks of being one of those damned if you and damned if you don't deals.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe, but I would think it has more to do with him knowing Batt but the same could just as easily be said of Coach Key as well. Glad I am not making this decision because it has all the earmarks of being one of those damned if you and damned if you don't deals.
That brings up an interesting aspect - I remember some chatter about "I hope we don't just go lazy and hire BoB or Key just because Batt knows them," but if we're trying to read tea leaves here, assuming neither BoB nor Key end up being the hire, that's very differently suggestive. I don't know that I'd buy into claims that Batt didn't give Key fair consideration given that familiarity...

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, like I said. Nothing ever lands on Key. Not even the position he is in charge of.
probably truth in both arguments. I agree, some blame should be on Key. But the same way we saw the D improve drastically after GC left suggests Thacker was not the problem, but rather GC was. So hard to tell.

Either way, not like it matters.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

LOL...oh man. GT is literally the worst at business contracts. We negotiated against ourselves when we hired Collins. Offsets have been standard language in all coaching contracts for a long time now. Even assistant coaches have them.

Is there any wonder why Cabrera is trying to turn the GTAA into a professional organization that acts like a business versus a de facto boys club?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I thought his ego just got hurt when he got called out, but maybe his benefactor friend dumped him considering he practically doxxed every piece of info about the dude outside of his social security number.

I must say, I found it very strange how detailed he went in explaining who his source was. I couldn't help thinking that's how a current source becomes a former source.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I must say, I found it very strange how detailed he went in explaining who his source was. I couldn't help thinking that's how a current source becomes a former source.
It’s feasible he was just that committed to the bit and saw it as his opportunity to retire the account while he was ahead.

Georgia Tech Athletic Association drama will cease once the HFC hire is announced.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
But you must believe that Key is simply incompetent and unqualified to be OL coach. Why would you say that when both GOL and Saban felt otherwise?

No, I believe he is responsible for the OL that was terrible the past several years. Because he was the OL coach.

Kind of like how I don't give a pass to Collins for our defenses being horrible just because he had success as a DC at several stops prior. I also don't give a pass to Thacker or the assistants on past year's teams like people want to do.

I also don't give a pass to Patenaude or Long for the offense. Remarkably consistent in how coaches get blamed when what they are in charge of performs badly.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It’s feasible he was just that committed to the bit and saw it as his opportunity to retire the account while he was ahead.

Georgia Tech Athletic Association drama will cease once the HFC hire is announced.

It's also possible he was just peddling paywall info, which some seemed to accuse him of.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It's also possible he was just peddling paywall info, which some seemed to accuse him of.
A paywalled site can't copyright information, and can't legally prevent you from sharing information outside of the site. However, they can cancel your access to the paywall. That would cause your "source" of information to evaporate.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
There was a lot of VERY CONFIDENT posting of info that turned out to be way off, from pre-Batt AD candidates to Deion to Key being the top choice and probably a few steps in between I'm missing, which honestly seems like it could just be repackaged paywall stuff since if that's all from one source, then that single source was way off the mark on many things...