HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm actually not excited. Kiffin would have been better, but he's waiting for the Alabama job. Still, he's a legit coach and has experience with illegal activities so he's a good fit.

LOL...the bolded part was what I was referring to when I said good luck.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
In regards to (I'm assuming you're referring to Garrett) Riley, he's coaching TCU in the Big 12 Championship this Saturday. Thamel made mention that some of the candidates being interviewed will be coaching Saturday. We know Fritz and Chadwell will be coaching as well.

While typing the above, I had a sneaky (if true) thought. What if Batt or someone in his camp leaked the Fritz hire in order to take heat off our REAL hire? From both a media perspective, but also the rogue donors trying to muck things up. You know how coaches are with distractions during game week and Batt seems like a pretty savvy person. There are reports that an "offer" was made to Fritz without actually being interviewed. There are quite a few potential candidates that will coach this weekend and not putting a spotlight on them while a "bait" candidate gets all the questions.

This would be quite the rope-a-dope move if it's what's going on. Talk about 4D chess.
Pass that blunt bro, I need some of what your smoking!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Freeze can flat out coach! 2-3 verse Saban at Ole Miss. Perfect hire for them.
If Freeze didn’t have all of his baggage would’ve been at a major power school by now. He’s about to get his shot at Auburn, but he would’ve been somewhere like Florida, Texas A&M, USC, Wisconsin, Tennessee, etc. for years now. He would’ve left Ole Miss for somewhere bigger back in 2016 instead of just now.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Have we concluded that Key is not the guy since his season is over (barring some miraculous bowl bid for our particular 5-7 team), and he likely would have been named by now? Or is Batt looking for a splash with someone like Riley and holding Key in reserve? That would be a kick in the gut for Key who I like and would have been fine with.

#Support Whoever It Is!
Would love Riley but he makes just under 8m I would think the buyout is also high.