HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’m about 40 pages behind, is there any smoke for Riley to GT? Now that would be an exciting hire. Daring, but exciting
Yes, there is smoke. Let's call it self-induced smoke since we are all in here making stuff up and reporting things from "journalists" who are also doing the very same apparently. So, if ya got a theory, throw it up against thewall in here and let's discuss. :)

TheStolenT

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes, there is smoke. Let's call it self-induced smoke since we are all in here making stuff up and reporting things from "journalists" who are also doing the very same apparently. So, if ya got a theory, throw it up against thewall in here and let's discuss. :)
I remember some folks talking about him at the outset and how he and batt had crossed paths before, definitely checks the sexy offense box, he’s young though with no head coach experience. Guess he could ask big bro for some pointers. Would be an interesting pair with Thacker. Two young energetic guys.

ME22

Georgia Tech Fan
I remember some folks talking about him at the outset and how he and batt had crossed paths before, definitely checks the sexy offense box, he’s young though with no head coach experience. Guess he could ask big bro for some pointers. Would be an interesting pair with Thacker. Two young energetic guys.
This would be weirdest possible oc for Riley but maybe O’Brien would add some experience

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’m about 40 pages behind, is there any smoke for Riley to GT? Now that would be an exciting hire. Daring, but exciting
If this is J Batts car there is smoke Head Coach to be named

1669679527469.png

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Which is why I think he is actually the new HC if Georgia Tech.
My thought is that Fritz and Chadwell are both looking at the contracts other new ACC coaches are signing and asking for more than GT is willing/able to pay. That is why I think Key will get the job. He wants it and will probably accept a lower $$ contract.

I would not be surprised to learn that big $$ donors want Key because he is a GT guy and are not willing to commit the money needed to bring in Fritz and Chadwell has set conditions Batt cannot accept.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
At this point I would be happy with pretty much anyone on this thread other then old man river Fitz. Also, heard he really never recruited GA when at Southern. Dell McGee was the top dog at the time when it came to recruiting there. This is Chan 2.0 at best.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My thought is that Fritz and Chadwell are both looking at the contracts other new ACC coaches are signing and asking for more than GT is willing/able to pay. That is why I think Key will get the job. He wants it and will probably accept a lower $$ contract.

I would not be surprised to learn that big $$ donors want Key because he is a GT guy and are not willing to commit the money needed to bring in Fritz and Chadwell has set conditions Batt cannot accept.

Like anything else in life, most will view this as a job and evaluate it with clinical and logical efficiency. "I can make X here plus Z or Y over there plus W." Only a select few (or less) will view this as something bigger or better than that. I get the logic and was guilty of same myself at times but there are times when passion is the determinant factor. As I recall from my days on North Avenue, it wasn't always the "best and brightest" students who got out. It was moreso those who "wanted" to.

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow
At this point I would be happy with pretty much anyone on this thread other then old man river Fitz. Also, heard he really never recruited GA when at Southern. Dell McGee was the top dog at the time when it came to recruiting there. This is Chan 2.0 at best.
Maybe he brings McGee with him as OC, I know it's hardly realistic, but McGee would perhaps make some more than he currently does as our OC, given we gave Chip Long what he's making now.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Congrats on maybe the worst take in this thread… 😂

You're impressed by this???? Great conference record! He has had 1 good season.

Tulane Green Wave (American Athletic Conference) (2016–present)
2016Tulane4–81–76th (West)
2017Tulane5–73–55th (West)
2018Tulane7–65–3T–1st (West)W Cure
2019Tulane7–63–54th (West)W Armed Forces
2020Tulane6–63–5T–7thL Famous Idaho Potato
2021Tulane2–101–7T–9th
2022Tulane10–27–11st
Tulane:41–4523–33

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow
You're impressed by this???? Great conference record! He has had 1 good season.

Tulane Green Wave (American Athletic Conference) (2016–present)
2016Tulane4–81–76th (West)
2017Tulane5–73–55th (West)
2018Tulane7–65–3T–1st (West)W Cure
2019Tulane7–63–54th (West)W Armed Forces
2020Tulane6–63–5T–7thL Famous Idaho Potato
2021Tulane2–101–7T–9th
2022Tulane10–27–11st
Tulane:41–4523–33
Context guys, it matters. The context here is that Tulane does not see 7 or 6 win seasons EVER, like ever ever. So he brought them from worst program in the nation territory to middle to upper pack G5, that's pretty dang good.